An Events Assistant helps the Event Planner with administration work. Their duties include assisting in event logistics such as booking venues or creating seating charts, accurately managing the event budget and tracking expenses, addressing and resolving any attendee concerns during the event, helping to set up and host the event, coordinating registration and post-event evaluations, working closely with the Editorial team to market the event, as well as maintaining strong relationships with key vendors.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Events Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Events Assistant resumes for your reference.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Coordinated, planned, organized, and executed events for the U.S. Federal Government’s Joint Service Open House & Air Show at Andrews AFB in Maryland.
- Conducted congressional tours to meet demands of visitors traveling from all over the world.
- Generated sales revenue by developing advertising packages targeted toward local businesses.
- Increased event number attendance by 50% after personally researched new market opportunities with online advertising.
- Managed day-to-day activities following up on event details that ensured smooth operations during Family Day celebration.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Provided clerical support to the Meeting & Events team; fulfilled duties such as office administration, data entry, and customer service.
- Improved efficiency of office workflow by streamlining procedures and software use for filing, receipts, expense tracking and billing.
- Prepared materials for events such as open houses and workshops.
- Drafted content for event programs, signs, invitations, and name tags; produced promotional videos and social media posts relating to events.
- Trained new employees on company policies and procedures.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Tracked, hosted, and worked alongside industry experts for 3 years to create events that raised $2.5 million annually in sponsorship revenue.
- Monitored all pre-event correspondences including finalizing contracts with vendors, contractors, entertainers, promoters, speakers, endorsers and participants.
- Recorded editorial notes during company speeches/videos for content development in future events leading to an increase of 10% in meeting attendance rate.
- Provided accurate daily reports ensuring accuracy of event results through double entry system while maintaining confidence of company personnel.
- Helped plan one year anniversary party successfully before starting full time resulting in promotion from Intern to Assistant Event Coordinator & Promotions Manager.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Developed organizational skills, personal discipline, and a conscientious attitude by planning and hosting events that benefited the department.
- Improved time management with thorough accuracy by preparing agenda packets for monthly supervisors’ meetings.
- Assisted in overseeing hospitality services during Special Olympics Tournament held at national conventions centers resulting in smooth execution of event objectives.
- Accomplished responsibilities through effective coordination, communication, and teamwork with various departments consisting of marketing, food service, transportation, security, etc..
- Increased confidence and demonstrated authority while leading a group to celebrate our organization’s 20th Anniversary Weekend.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Provided administrative support for annual Wiesenthal musical production; worked under deadline pressure to complete necessary tasks.
- Led efforts in coordinating 100 people at 2 different locations for international meeting of employees; achieved high satisfaction rates during the activities.
- Assisted with planning, promotion, and logistics of ceremony recognizing outstanding staff members; won appreciation from the company president.
- Coordinated speakers and materials for 6 business seminars; prepared agenda, speaker confirmation lists, VIP list, registration materials, signage, equipment needs lists ,and confirmed room block reservations.
- Managed donation program for Children’s Hospital fundraising event; raised participation by 50% in a difficult economy.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained event budgets and finalized costs of events; effectively coordinated catering for the annual holiday party.
- Saved $5,000 by negotiating with Human Resources department to split rental costs of offsite venue for company meeting.
- Worked closely with IT department to establish platform compatibility across all conference rooms and auditoriums; developed presentations on current technology initiatives.
- Implemented cost savings through expert level Windows PowerShell knowledge and simplified storage area network architecture; recognized as a top performer in 2015.
- Processed employee recognition awards totaling over $100,000 in revenue each year.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Organized, coordinated, supervised, and advised 787 volunteers who assisted with all aspects of the 14-day World Youth Day celebration.
- Successfully led team for preparation of Pope Benedict XVI’s Mass on large international stage; received special award from Office of World Youth Day.
- Handled ongoing requests for information, which included updating records and files, maintaining databases and filing documents to reflect revisions made by Joint Working Group.
- Provided excellent customer service through complete understanding of organizational mission and policies as a resource person within community outreach programs.
- Collaborated with other departments to advertise events in local media outlets to promote religious activities organized by National Coaltion.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Key performer in planning and executing all events for International Games Week.
- Managed the logistics of over 100 events, including schedules, budgets, staff, supplies, equipment needs coordination with other departments.
- Contributed ideas to improve process flow by using innovative technology applications to manage faster data entry for event information.
- Initiated social media outreach to engage community excitement for upcoming games through website updates and Facebook posts.
- Grew organization’s online followership from two thousand to twenty-six thousand on Twitter during one year period; promoted cross-promotion opportunities across national networks.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Organized, planned, and implemented public events for over 100 attendees.
- Prepared event budgets while managing expenses within allotted fiscal management plan.
- Coordinated schedules while ensuring all logistical elements of an event were completed in a timely manner prior to commencement time.
- Assisted with the planning and implementing of annual company-wide events to increase collaboration amongst managers, employees, clients, and consultants including entertainment for children on Halloween night.
- Proven track record in organizing unique company meetups that increased client satisfaction by 20%.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Organized, labeled, and maintained an inventory of filing cabinets while simultaneously insuring that proper procedures for filing were followed.
- Scheduled activities for monthly department meetings including room reservations, catering orders, invitations etc.
- Developed company-wide training programs; wrote several articles regarding business etiquette and ethics published in company newsletter.
- Edited written materials to ensure clarity and adherence to style guides; utilized knowledge of AP style during editing process.
- Assisted senior staff with special projects; drafted meeting agendas, assisted in workflow revisions, compiled data for management reports; created new document templates used by all departments.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Planned and coordinated events for over 1,000 guests including entertainment, catering, decorating.
- Promoted increased sales by developing rapport with clientele resulting in repeat business.
- Monitored safety regulations during company-wide outdoor events to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Provided support to the Sales Manager by updating event calendar on a weekly basis; fulfilled customer requests within 24 hours of request.
- Recognized as Employee of the Month 3 times for professional work ethic and positive attitude.
Events Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Managed conference room activities; scheduled meetings, equipment check-in/out, and catering accommodations.
- Prepared newsletters for distribution; selectively edited content, proofread drafts, prepared electronic files for printing production.
- Implemented monthly newsletter campaigns to market company products while developing advertisement designs in coordination with marketing & advertising departments.
- Enhanced department’s workflow by processing event requests in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality of customer information.
- Collaborated with co-workers to organize end-of-season party; delegated tasks and managed vendor relationships to ensure successful execution of all aspects of the event.
To work as an Events Assistant, you need a high school diploma or equivalent. Events Assistants should demonstrate professionalism, basic financial analysis skills, proficiency with spreadsheet and project management software, excellent communication and organization, conflict management skills, and attention to detail, and outstanding customer service.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.