Companies need to always try and prepare for the future by working with numbers and patterns to try and predict what the market may do next. Without an expert who can make sense of these numbers, like a statistical analyst, they might not have any luck calculating their next move based on what has happened in the past.
How to Become a Successful Statistical Analyst?
- A strong background in statistics, usually through a higher education like a bachelor’s or a master’s degree, is critical to success in this position. Statistics are a very complex field of mathematics, and you will also need to make sure that you have solid business understanding through a secondary focus.
- Statistics requires not only a solid grasp of numbers and calculations, but also a strong ability to understand what they mean in the context of the situation. Without an understanding of this, someone could do all the math correctly but still come to the wrong conclusion based on what they found.
- Being able to find and understand mistakes is always important in math, as someone else can make a mistake without realizing it. Correcting your co-workers is something you should always do gently and without arrogance, as the goal is always self improvement and never putting others down.
Being able to not only calculate statistics but understand them can make you a valuable tool to your company in their decision making process, as they will need as much help as possible in analyzing the market. Helping them minimize risk will make your job and many others much less stressful in the future.
The Best Statistical Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Statistical Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Provide statistical analysis for different type of studies, such as biomarker discovery and validation, assessing drug treatment effect, identifying cancer therapeutic targets, etc.
- Handle diverse range of data types, including different types of microarray, RNA sequencing, whole exome sequencing, whole genome sequencing, single cell sequencing, CyTOF, Nano String, and methylation data.
- Familiar with multiple public data sets, including TCGA, CCLE, SEER, GTEx, Project Achilles data, etc.
- Requested, gathered, reviewed and processed participant data from plan administrators for multiemployer pension and healthcare plans.
- Assisted in the preparation of actuarial valuations, projections, and participant statements and performed required financial analyses using comprehensive defined benefit software.
- Reconciled data and assets from previous valuations and prepared summaries of data, assets, and benefits defined in plan documents.
- Bolstered drug development by testing clinical data with statistical methods and conducting analytical review.
- Coded from scratch, applying quantitative strategies such as ANOVA test, linear regression and hypothesis test to create ad hoc reports with summarization using SAS macro and sql.
- Validated model by parallel programming, fixed the discrepancies, and thus controlled the quality of test results.
- Debugged on template program and resolved the long-term issue of wrong regression result due to missing value.
- Series lead and tester for multiple Regulatory reports, these roles are a vital part for other analysts to complete their daily work.
- Regulatory Banking analyst who currently analyzes financial data from regulatory reports and other sources to provide the Board of Governors with an understanding of issues relating to financial institutions within the Texas market.
- Responsible for managing and statistical analyzing multiple Regulatory Banking reports from Banks, Bank Holding Companies and Foreign Financial Institutions within the Dallas district.
- Drafted statistical analysis plan, contributed to CRF design, sample size calculation, and endpoint definition.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and exploratory analysis per sponsor’s request.
- Produced and validated (QC) statistical reports and tables using proc report and data _NULL_.
- Provided statistical support in writing manuscripts to ensure accurate interpretations of statistical findings.
- Led and managed the sampling process for customer satisfaction survey and other types of research involving surveys.
- Develop statistical approach for multiple projects (optimal process, bench marking, etc).
- Coordinated with contracted clients and other team members to obtain data for sampling, used SAS to generate random samples for about 400 clients monthly.
- Analyzed survey results with SAS, created analysis reports, 5 star rating report, etc. And submitted the reports to clients and government agency.
- Prepared proposals, quality assurance plans and project reports and provided mentoring and training to other team remembers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and internal/external stakeholders to identify their business problems and design appropriate systems for data collection, data cleaning, and statistical analyses.
- Provide guidance on data structures and design for reporting and ad-hoc analyses about patients, providers, and the quality of medical services.
- Communicate statistical theories and interpret the results of big data analyses to different stakeholders.
- Using SAS and statistical information systems to conduct data clean-up, data preparation, computer scoring, to identify outliers and to predict missing data.
- Conducting CTT, IRT item analysis, DIF, logistic regression, reliability and validity analysis, factor analysis, and norms development.
- Archiving data, specs, SAS code, data analysis results and managing data requests from customers.
- Routinely handle statistical report submissions to bureaus, annual statement reconciliations, state special data calls and statistical bureau alternative analysis.
- Compared existing data requirements (including external requirements with respect to bureau reporting) to the applicable system data dictionaries and provide a gap analysis to display holes in the system’s data capture.
- Utilized software applications to transform data via custom SQL scripts or third-party ETL (extract/transform/load) systems.
- Created summary statistics and visual aids from survey information of recent college graduates that are being used to promote SUNY Oneonta on its website.
- Cleaned, sorted, and analyzed large datasets from online survey results using Microsoft Excel and Minitab.
- Provided comprehensive reports about recent graduates to academic and other offices on campus.
- Identified potential issues impacting ratemaking, experience rating, and suspect data with internal and external divisions.
- Coordinated data requirements with Premium Audit, Claims, and Systems Departments.
- Reviewed and monitored bureau polices with Insurance Service Office (ISO) reporting system along with claims information that finalized the release of statistical units to the bureaus.
- Responsible for quarterly, annual reports, paid States’ assessments and surcharges.
- Built from start to finish the ‘New Zealand Social Indicators’ (NZSI) portal, including design, layout, indicator research, data loading, production, documentation, and post production of the website.
- Liaised with external and internal stakeholders for quality and accuracy of data used within the NZSI and MNZP.
- Led presentations on NZSI portal, and well-being frameworks used across the world.