A Freelance Interpreter is someone who works independently and translates information from one language to another. Their duties include ability to read and speak differently languages fluently, portray the tone of another language, act as a medium between two different languages, translate documents, translate videos, understand the material and its meaning, and follow up with clients after meeting with them.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Interpreter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Interpreter resumes for your reference.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 1
- Consistently achieved high marks on the American Translators Association (ATA) certification measures, exceeding industry standards.
- Researched requirements for bilingual licensing.
- Consistently earned top scores in the certified translation examinations; received excellent review comments; appeared in position descriptions for potential employers; was sought out by clients to provide technical translation services.
- Adopted best practices for language development and acquisition, including ongoing training and publication of articles pertaining to professional development.
- Discovered exceptional opportunities in the industry through networking with clients, other professionals, and other translators.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 2
- Completed in-depth interpreting for bank conferences.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service utilizing my exceptional interpersonal skills, quick thinking, and accurate ability to process information.
- Received award for being a top interpreter by the Human Resources Director; worked closely with the Customer Relationship Manager to ensure satisfaction of customers who had applied for a necessary change in status at their bank.
- Worked diligently on time management issues by completing projects on schedule, exceeding client expectations, staying focused on goals, and setting personal goals according to my job description.
- Completed projects in a timely manner while exceeding customer expectations for quality service.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 3
- Videotaped hundreds of documentary segments.
- Acted as an interpreter for executive summits held by the United Nations, the United States Government, and foreign presidents.
- Provided communication to the hearing impaired.
- Received outstanding communication award for work with Blackhawk Lake National Wildlife Refuge in conflict resolution.
- Served as interpreter for the federal government to communicate with hearing impaired persons.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 4
- Designed and implemented an ongoing interpretation system for Hospital Offices, Banking Operations, and Client Service Representatives.
- Provided interpretation services to patients at the hospital’s clinic and assisted patients with medication reminders and provided information regarding medical appointments that they had scheduled.
- Accomplished all of my tasks on time and within budget.
- Completed assignments on schedule; accurately interpreted the words, phrases, and sentences in order to provide an accurate translation of a message.
- Accomplished all of my tasks in a timely manner; provided high-quality translations to clients with accuracy and thoroughness while adhering to companies’ policies regarding confidentiality and retention of client records.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 5
- Consistently offered my services as a freelance translator/interpreter, translating correspondence from English to my native language and vice versa.
- Organized and scheduled business meetings for clients according to their specific needs.
- Formed relationships with new clients based on professional conduct and my ability to formulate ideas for clients in my native language.
- Achieved award for being dedicated to my work; having a professional, friendly, outgoing demeanor that set me apart from other individuals applying for the same position.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to client information required by the client’s own staff members who could not speak English fluently.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 6
- Achieved outstanding performance ratings (92%, 92%, and 86%) for the past three months.
- Perfected language skills relating to Russian-to-English procedures, methods, and resources.
- Recognized as an expert in translating medical terms between English and Russian.
- Selected as an interpreter for an upcoming conference.
- Chosen as one of the top interpreters by the Department of Defense.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 7
- Performed effective interpretation services for three years at a leading scientific research lab.
- Performed accurate interpretation services for a variety of industry representatives during meetings at a software company.
- Consistently interpreted accurately during meetings between management, engineering, and customer service personnel at a computer company.
- Interpreted financial data during quarterly vendor meetings for executive staff members of an investment firm.
- Skillfully interpreted for diverse groups including government regulators, health care providers, businessmen/women, law enforcement personnel, and insurance agents.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 8
- Interpreted medical and legal documentation for attorneys, hospitals, and law firms.
- Transcribed depositions for attorneys, including details regarding personal injury settlements.
- Achieved rating of Certified Professional Interpreter (CPI) after meeting the stringent requirements of the National Court Interpreter Certification Program through NAIOP.
- Successfully completed an intensive training course for court interpreters sponsored by the South Carolina Department of Administration’s Office of Governmental Programs.
- Completed training on the proper interpretation of legal terminology pertaining to civil cases.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 9
- Translated between English and Chinese in the Medical field; medical terms were defined for patients who did not speak English.
- Interpreted at immigrant naturalization ceremonies; served as an emissary of the United States Government.
- Served as a translator at social service agencies; improved service delivery to multicultural communities.
- Completed additional coursework to improve interpretation skills through the Monterey Institute of International Studies; earned certification by registering with Language Line Services, who endorsed my work.
- Taught Mandarin Chinese to adult education students at adult high school (some of whom were medical professionals).
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 10
- Worked with a variety of clients, from software companies to investment firms, as a Language Specialist.
- Gave specialized interpretation for various groups of people. Interpreted at the hearing level for unions and legal organizations.
- Researched and prepared lectures for different audiences.
- Accomplished marketing strategies to promote my business and individual services to potential clients.
- Created and distributed pamphlets and flyers advertising the benefits of hiring a freelance interpreter.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 11
- Interpreted complex English legal documents for Spanish-speaking clients; demonstrated dependability and efficiency by completing assignments in less than 72 hours.
- Closed a contract with the Defense Department for interpreting services; recognized by the Team Leader for effective problem solving, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Earned appreciation as a quality monitoring superstar; served as a liaison between a team of translators and a team of project managers.
- Commented on translation accuracy of documents from an interpreting service provider from another country to avoid misunderstandings between parties.
- Received award from peers for providing excellent customer service through telephone interpreting services to Spanish-speaking customers regarding mortgage applications.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 12
- Interpreted for multi-lingual families with diverse backgrounds. Facilitated the transfer of information between social workers, physicians, and law enforcement agencies.
- Used equipment such as computers, scanners, tape recorders, cellular phones, and digital cameras to meet customers’ needs.
- Delivered cost-efficient services without sacrificing quality. Consistently worked at a breakneck pace while maintaining optimum accuracy.
- Managed a busy schedule to accommodate all activities without compromising work quality or service standards.
- Enhanced working conditions by coaching dynamic staff in how to maintain a positive attitude and effectively communicate in a group setting; staff promoted based on exceptional customer service skills and commitment to teamwork.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 13
- Processed and maintained the confidentiality of clients’ information.
- Handled and serviced clientele efficiently and effectively.
- Met goals and objectives and achieved goals and objectives by utilizing time management skills.
- Serviced clients efficiently; used backup systems appropriately.
- Provided translation services through the use of specialized software; processed translation requests for customers by using computerized multi-language interpreting systems.
Freelance Interpreter Resume Sample 14
- Interpretted for 20 deaf patients per week; ensured that deaf patients had an opportunity to fully understand routine and emergency procedures.
- Interpreted medical patient data for physicians and nurses; coordinated patient data with various insurance companies and third-party payers.
- Achieved award for Dependability and Excellence in Patient Care; contacted interpreters when needed and maintained interpreter schedules by contacting agencies in a timely manner.
- Earned appreciation award; coordinated interpreters for over 50 speaking patients who had appointments with the Heart Institute.
- Gave outstanding quality award; ensured that patients received timely and accurate communication while not compromising the integrity of medical data.
A Freelance Interpreter must have their bachelor’s degree in International Languages. A Freelance Interpreter must have great communication skills, great writing skills, great understanding of grammar, detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and the ability to speak more than 1 language.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.