An Information Technology Technician is a person who works with computers in various companies. Their duties include monitoring computer systems, diagnosing any computer problems, set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance on the computer systems, teach everyone how to use the computer systems, perform minor repairs, and order computer parts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Information Technology Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Information Technology Technician resumes for your reference.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 1
- Deployed, maintained and supported the use of computer hardware and software within a diverse community of students, faculty, staff and administration.
- Administered computer networking infrastructure that includes desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners and servers.
- Installed firewalls and intrusion protection systems to securely access online technology resources.
- Supported the operation of basic network services such as DHCP, DNS (Domain Name Service), WINS (Windows Internet Name Service), VPN (Virtual Private Network), NTP (Network Time Protocol), TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol) and SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol).
- Maintained LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) environments by installing and updating multiple operating systems on servers and desktop computers.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 2
- Designed, implemented, and maintained networks for small businesses.
- Planned information flow for the company’s logistics department; employed and administered Microsoft Access databases.
- Served as a consultant to the marketing department by creating a procedure that allowed team members to view data from all internal departments from one terminal.
- Resolved customer computer network issues after evaluating issues for accuracy and symptom relevance; promoted satisfaction and stability of client’s systems.
- Provided technical guidance during the development of new operating procedures after studying approximately fifty different platforms.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 3
- Networked, installed and configured computer systems.
- Resolved customer issues by recommending upgrades or replacements.
- Participated in project teams interacting with managers and executives.
- Updated knowledge of various operating systems software to support increase usage of technology.
- Troubleshot and solved technical problems affecting server availability and reliability to completion.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 4
- Consulted with peers and provided comprehensive, innovative, and efficient solutions to operating systems problems.
- Responded to customer phone calls and chats in a timely manner to ensure all problems are given the highest priority and resolved within one business day.
- Recognized by peers for consistent superior performance; received award for demonstrating utmost professionalism in crisis situations.
- Achieved excellence through continued professional training in operating systems software applications; earned certification in Microsoft Outlook installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Established initiative to provide more efficient data processing flow by creating a new filing system.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 5
- Established, implemented, and maintained twenty-eight computers for a local school district.
- Upgraded, tested, and serviced an additional fifty desktop PCs for an information technology consulting firm.
- Served as backup IT professional providing 24×7 on call support to corporate clients; included systems administration, network management, database management and technical support.
- Proved ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment by rapidly performing repetitive tasks learned from senior technician in order to backfill his position after he left to start his own business.
- Demonstrated initiative by generating cost savings and increased revenue through the implementation of new technologies and procedures.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 6
- Researched and developed system enhancements for $10M computer network; edited and published a technical monthly newsletter.
- Troubleshot hardware, software, and networking problems on PCs, workstations, printers, and LANs without the need for onsite assistance.
- Prepared computer systems for disaster recovery after 6 hurricanes; reviewed physical security of datacenter operation with safety directors to ensure business continuity.
- Wrote an automation program to model a prototype email spam filter which reduced spam load by 99%.
- Received appreciation award from executive director of company nonprofit foundation in recognition of outstanding efforts during implementation of Microsoft’s latest server operating system environment.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 7
- Sold and installed various computer networking products in business and government environments.
- Designed, installed, and configured a variety of computer systems that used Time-sharing with multiple users.
- Created operating procedures for the local area network, designed network databases to grow over years.
- Maintained the local area network for thirteen years of growth and growth for fifteen additional users.
- Performed support services on a statewide educational computing project that enhanced student learning opportunities through multimedia resources.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 8
- Documented the entire computer network and developed new programming in the company’s database.
- Participated in staff committee to review and discuss software acquisition strategies and make recommendations based on project requirements.
- Achieved award for employee of the quarter, four quarters consecutively; presented a percentage increase in system utilization over previous quarter.
- Achieved award for community service by donating surplus computer equipment to local K-9 Unit; installed complete system to help with training, record keeping, and dispatch operations.
- Achieved award as employee of the month; worked effectively in challenging environment where systems were being introduced and made known to employees through several training programs.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 9
- Presented and explained information to top management regarding staff training, efficiency, data security, and confidentiality.
- Restructured system training manuals; resolved problems caused by lack of documented information for new employees.
- Systematically updated and maintained accurate database to reflect evolving technology in the technical industry.
- Recognized as a top-rated employee based on performance reviews. Recipient of “Employee of the Month” award for technical support services.
- Achieved award for outstanding work in resolving complex database problems that were beyond the scope of other employees’ expertise.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 10
- Skillfully designed and configured servers, network connectivity, and Windows operating systems. Earned certification in Red Hat Linux administration.
- Created solutions to repair/replace failed computer hard drives, failed motherboards, and bad RAM.
- Installed new computers for business use within set budgets for bandwidth allocations and server infrastructure upgrades.
- Configured anti-virus software (Sophos Anti-Virus) on 8 Windows operating systems (XP Home Edition through Vista Ultimate), including Corel WordPerfect Office Suite X6 on XP Home Edition and XP Professional Edition (32-bit). Selected by peers for Award of Excellence for outstanding contributions.
- Worked smarter with computer accessories (Logitech mouse, Green House computer fan, and Logitech USB speakers) to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 11
- Developed and implemented an automated analysis system for multiple insurance carriers based on Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Taught five students in a three-month immersion program how to develop QuickBooks applications with Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Implemented an enterprise-wide customer relationship management system that enabled real-time, intra-company communication and tracking of resources across locations.
- Achieved full Microsoft certification for Windows 2000/XP; earned credits for teaching classes in a seventeen-city tour hosted by the company.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 12
- Constructed a client-server system for business inventory management; developed and presented the project to top management.
- Reviewed, audited, and installed software applications with the new technology group. Recommend appropriate changes to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Enhanced my organization’s ability to recover data by creating a disaster recovery plan; documented potential problems and their solutions.
- Coordinated information flow within the department by designing an established file transfer protocol (FTP) process; trained individuals in use of FTP site.
- Received an award for outstanding performance in resolving problems that affected customers; presented solution to top management.
Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 13
- Developed web projects and trained clients on site.
- Troubleshot technology issues, trained and advised users on appropriate use of computer equipment.
- Supported installation of computers and peripheral equipment for new clients.
- Streamlined existing network, improved server performance by devising expansion plans and implementing new techniques.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; volunteered daily to assist customers at the help desk with their computer problems.
An Information Technology Technician should either have their associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or certificate in Information Technology. An Information Technology Technician must be good with computers, great with collecting data, have good communication skills, great problem-solving skills, repairing skills, great listening skills, detail oriented, and great writing skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Information Technology Technician Resume Samples
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 1
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 2
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 3
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 4
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 5
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 6
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 7
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 8
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 9
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 10
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 11
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 12
- Information Technology Technician Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up