An Environmental Aide is responsible for managing contaminated sites in the United States. Duties include keeping the public informed about hazardous environmental sites, supervising cleanup, maintaining databases, performing site inspections, guiding the public through regulations regarding environmental contamination, assessing hazardous sites, and developing technical guidance regarding sites.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Environmental Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Environmental Aide resumes for your reference.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 1
- Assisted citizens by cleaning park facilities and picking up litter after area festivals.
- Identified the need for trash receptacles in public parks; successfully drafted a plan to install these bins with city approval.
- Gained respect from post supervisors, coworkers, and fellow employees for effectively communicating ideas of environmental preservation versus waste management.
- Recognized by the Mayor of the City for my contributions to public beautification efforts during city celebrations.
- Removed graffiti from abandoned buildings while conducting monthly inspections.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 2
- Created and maintained a database of local and regional environmental laws and regulations, based on the interpretation of federal and state statutes and regulations.
- Served as liaison between numerous departments, including public utilitiy, environmental protection agencies, emergency response teams, etc.
- Assisted in drafting policy recommendations for local governments; proofread local ordinances to ensure their legal compliance with applicable federal authorities.
- Supported projects such as retrofitting schools for reduced air pollution; assisted in the construction of a high-efficiency natural gas generator system at a county jail.
- Handled air quality complaints, including but not limited to building inspections, odor investigations, and violations of the Clean Air Act.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 3
- Trained and supported a 4-person crew in monitoring, researching, and reporting on a wide variety of newly identified issues related to environmental surveillance.
- Conducted extensive personal research to track down information from all branches of the U.S. Government for “air pollution” issues faced by our government, military, and private sector facilities in the United States.
- Developed effective techniques for reporting environmental data to protect confidential information from disclosure.
- Utilized the source’s location to oversee personal security matters while serving as an ambassador for the mission’s mission station at two different locations within Mississippi.
- Assisted in an investigation of a high-profile murder case.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 4
- Advised community groups of proper waste disposal methods to avoid fines.
- Raised awareness of water, air, and land pollution hazards, soil erosion, and the risks of toxic contamination through community presentations.
- Suggested policy changes for environmental issues that resulted in $15 million budget increase.
- Completed research on the effects of chemicals on animal life using microcosms and computer technology; documented discoveries in professional journals.
- Researched hazardous products to determine safe disposal procedures for public health officials; drafted recommendations.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 5
- Trained crew of environmental Aids, medical technicians, and other employees in the eradication and containment of contaminated animal feces.
- Adhered to, and exceeded work quality specifications for all those surveyed.
- Created a positive working environment for those under supervision as well as those supervising.
- Demonstrated an understanding of risk management and crisis management techniques required for workforce safety during employee training sessions.
- Organized and led comprehensive orientation programs that included live-fire weapons training, opearting heli-veterinary clinic, boat training, and felled tree chainsaw skidding demonstrations.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 6
- Collected significant data on the chemical hazards, potential health effects, and remediation time of Superfund sites that were acquired through records.
- Determined risk categorization on basis of air, soil, and water sampling results.
- Removed hazardous material contamination via proper disposal methods by workers in hazardous environments.
- Cleared “hot spots” of contaminated waste via high excavation equipment, appropriate clean-up procedures, and by hand.
- Provided technical assistance to remediation workers in designing equipment for initial waste surveys and physical inspections.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 7
- Handled solid waste management issues for the Little Rock District of the Army Corps of Engineers, including coordinating collection service; inspecting transfer stations; researching new technologies; writing reports.
- Developed public-relations outreach programs for the Natural Resources Division, working with local communities and developing media releases and presentations on water quality.
- Suggested innovative methods for government agencies to work together to solve problems, including developing a water-quality monitoring program that eventually became operational.
- Conducted a study of potential health risks from use of insecticides in government recreation areas to determine if guidelines were being violated by contractors.
- Organized an environmental symposium that raised public awareness of ecological issues.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 8
- Directly participated in the following projects: Superfund Rehabilitation Project, Sanborn Island Residential Community, Maui State Government Consultant.
- Developed sustainability programs for Maui State Parks Service.
- Interpreted government regulations pertaining to Maui County environmental issues.
- Extracted data from various sources to summarize landscape issues on Kahului’s Baldwin Park Parksdale Street/Haleakala Avenue.
- Researched and researched methods of integrating computer technology into environmental/landscape studies.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 9
- Planned and coordinated a multi-agency effort to preserve a century-old tree through extensive research, consultation, and documentation.
- Led initiative to include several key individuals in the tree’s repopulation effort.
- Fostered relationships between thousands of volunteers, federal agencies, landowners, and other community members as a lead volunteer for the Michigan Wilderness Initiative.
- Collaborated with other volunteers from across the state to mount one of the largest volunteer efforts in the state’s history.
- Led team to remove invasive species from over 500 acres of wilderness habitat by cutting dead, dying, or diseased trees that posed a threat to wildlife and native plant life.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 10
- Performed duties such as collecting and analyzing samples of water, soil, and air.
- Provided data regarding pollutants and accounted for environmental impacts in daily reports.
- Initiated and participated in projects relating to restoration and conservation of natural resources.
- Worked during hazardous weather conditions; assisted with control measures to minimize the risk of accidents and pollution.
- Established relationships with community officials for furthering environmental projects.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 11
- Performed intricate tasks in a fast paced environment for over 18 months, including housekeeping, manual labor, trash/recycling management, and gardening.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by the supervisor with the highest customer satisfaction rating in North America.
- Formed a gardening club at school which raised funds from a food drive and a carnaval in exchange for vegetables to give to the city’s homeless population.
- Approved a new recycling program solid waste division, which included the elimination of plastic bags from all city contracts and adoption of recycling containers.
- Facilitated the donation of over $3,000 in food and commodities to the needy through garden and recycling projects.
Environmental Aide Resume Sample 12
- Recovered and recycled up to 30 tons of glass, plastics, paper, and aluminum annually.
- Helped coordinate cleanup of community events including festivals, parades, marathons, food drives.
- Participated in block clubs to build neighborhood relationships by addressing concerns regarding illegal dumping disposal.
- Prepared news releases to increase public awareness regarding local environmental issues including redevelopment of landfills and pollution reduction strategies.
- Collaborated with community members to promote recycling programs for up-scale townhomes in downtown metropolitan area.
A bachelor’s degree in environmental science is often required for this position, but some companies will accept a high school diploma plus experience. Skills needed are supervisory skills, problem-solving skills, excellent people skills, scientific research skills, attention to detail, listening skills, good oral and written communication, and good decision-making skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Environmental Aide Resume Samples
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 1
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 2
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 3
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 4
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 5
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 6
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 7
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 8
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 9
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 10
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 11
- Environmental Aide Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up