A Trial Attorney represents and acts in legal favor to a client in a court of law. Their responsibilities include preparing legal documents, consulting with clients, analyzing data, determining the most efficient legal routes, collaborating with the legal team, and answering client inquiries.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Trial Attorney Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Trial Attorney resumes for your reference.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 1
- In-house counsel at a large insurance company representing policyholders, insureds, and providers of medical care.
- Worked to resolve numerous cases by managing attorneys, physicians, witnesses, clients, clients’ representatives/family members and other parties throughout the United States.
- Handled high-profile court cases regarding medical malpractice.
- Handled hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage claims from catastrophic losses due to fire and weather events including hail storms resulting in severe property damage or destruction.
- Utilized extensive knowledge of insurance policies to help insurance companies achieve favorable resolutions for insureds who suffered catastrophic personal injury or wrongful death at the hands of defendants.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 2
- Cross examined, researched, and won settlements for individuals who had sustained injury on the job; payments amounted to over $10 million.
- Gathered evidence of insurance fraud against two individuals; their three year sentences resulted in restitution to the company totaling $400,000.
- Secured payments to companies of up to $7 billion through litigation.
- Won cases that were contested by high profile defense attorneys; awarded payments totalling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Received an award from a government agency for services rendered which led to savings taxpayers’ money (approaching 9% of state budget).
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 3
- Obtained successful verdicts in over 300 trials, including the first-ever recovery by a public agency for criminal sexual assault.
- Handled thousands of depositions during preparation for trial and at trial.
- Successfully argued to the Florida Supreme Court, resulting in a new interpretation of insurance law that is now accepted throughout the state.
- Collaborated with other lawyers on cases involving multiple parties, including class action suits against Fortune 500 companies.
- Worked with judges and juries to obtain favorable results while acting as lead counsel or co-counsel on more than 150 civil lawsuits.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 4
- Supervised, managed, and coordinated files to ensure that all cases were handled efficiently.
- Acted as counsel on numerous court proceedings including taking depositions, arguing motions in limine, and preparing witnesses for trial.
- Gained acclaim from peers for exceptional closing arguments which resulted in a 99% win rate during jury trials.
- Verified medical documentation was accurate before making final case disposition determinations; reduced number of cases requiring reevaluation by 30%.
- Achieved verdicts over $8 million dollars during course of employment; assisted Legal Services Corporation attorneys with complex civil litigation.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 5
- Expressly communicated to the judicial system through written and oral argumentation during hundreds of trials, pre-trials, motions hearings, depositions, and arbitrations of insurance litigation.
- Reported on claim settlement outcomes to the judiciary of over $700 million annually.
- Successfully prepared for and presented 36 cases in state trial courts during 18 months with no jury trials lost.
- Expedited work flow through strict adherence to deadlines, imposed accountability on staff, and maintained high-quality results.
- Adopted an innovative approach to problem solving in order to achieve desired results by implementing new legislative changes.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 6
- Placed, and was recognized as a member of, the top 100 insurance attorneys in America for four years running.
- Provided exemplary representation to six hundred fifty policyholders regarding claims handling, coverage disputes, and multiple loss situations; resulting in three-thousand five-hundred ninety cases closed at or above expectations.
- Advocated on behalf of two-hundred sixty corporations and associations before regulatory boards across fifteen states; earning recognition as “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by Corporate Board Certified Magazine.
- Established thirty precedents (to date) ratified and developed through judicial and legislative channels that provide compensation to policyholders whose property holdings lost value during national such as earthquakes, floods, and utility outages.
- Received the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA) Award for Exceptional Performance Under Pressure.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 7
- Prepared client’s case from inception to final file for trial, including document review and research.
- Researched legal precedent, statutory law, and ordinances as they relate to client needs.
- Discussed with clients the procedural steps of litigation as well as conflict resolution options.
- Handled over 20 cases simultaneously with only one attorney working under me; recognized by company for outstanding performance.
- Resolved a complex case in less than six months through close communication with opposing counsel during mediation.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 8
- Prosecuted dozens of cases in state and federal courts including multiple DUI offenses, drug charges, aggravated assault, sexual battery, child exploitation.
- Successfully negotiated a reduction from felony to misdemeanor for a client who was arrested with several kilos of cocaine.
- Negotiated the release of an elderly client on probation after he served only two years in prison despite having been sentenced to 12 years imprisonment.
- Mediated a significant restitution agreement between five victims and their assailant without court intervention.
- Litigated and successfully defended multiple appeals before both state and federal appellate courts resulting in victory for dozens of indigent clients facing incarceration.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 9
- Handled cases involving general liability and public entity liability with fines, judgments, and settlements of $3.5 Million Dollars; resolved personal injury claims for over 200 clients; successfully argued in trial defense case before jury verdict.
- Arranged for settlement through arbitration for plaintiff whose injuries included loss of limb, paralysis, and scarring requiring skin grafts after an auto accident caused by defendant’s negligence (subsequent referral to law firm).
- Negotiated favorable restitution with insurance company representative who was avoiding responsibility for insured property that had been destroyed during fire.
- Participated in negotiations whereby the court awarded the Plaintiff $2 million dollars plus substantial attorney fees (discussed advantages vs hourly billing rates).
- Conducted investigations and contributed to defense of claims involving deceptive advertising, breach of warranty, negligent representation; worked with expert witnesses, engineers, doctors, and architects.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 10
- Directed research efforts resulting in the successful conclusion of cases quickly.
- Delivered effective oral advocacy on several trials, helping to influence the jury toward an appropriate verdict.
- Assumed managerial duty for coordinating investigations and meetings that enabled successful negotiation during litigation process.
- Able to use own initiative, analysis, reasoning, and negotiations abilities in order to plan strategies for multiple simultaneous cases.
- Achieved a 100 percent success rate on pretrial motions by identifying weaknesses in opponent’s arguments before they became evident at trial.
Trial Attorney Resume Sample 11
- Won the majority of lawsuits from bad faith to medical malpractice.
- Undertook arbitration cases, using legal precedent to win numerous appeals for clients in a variety of industries.
- Expertly handled civil suits involving securities fraud and breach of contract.
- Recovered over $13 million dollars for insurance policyholders through negotiation and litigation measures against corporations, including a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a hospital that had been improperly decertified by state regulators.
- Thwarted a conspiracy by a private corporation to illegally terminate a business owner’s liability coverage; exposed fraudulent double billing practices by an attorney who was also licensed as an insurance agent; exposed double billing practices within the insurance industry.
To become a Trial Attorney, you need an undergraduate degree and graduation from law school, in addition to state bar exam licensure. A Trial Attorney must be diligent, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent leadership skills, must keep current with laws, must be adaptable, and must be analytical.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.