Application consultants help businesses figure out what software they need to increase productivity, then assist in acquiring and implementing said software within the clients’ company. Their duties include analyzing processes, analyzing data, writing code, maintaining software, communicating with clients, locating and installing software, and instructing others on how to use software.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Application Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Application Consultant resumes for your reference.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Introduced the client to several key applications within the first month of employment, assisted in reducing data errors by 30% at one location.
- Provided assistance for Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation and training throughout North America region.
- Identified 25% increase in workflow efficiency at one facility after installation of new software.
- Diagnosed connectivity issues within 3 days of arrival to another facility, resolved network connection problems for 10 users.
- Standardized multiple functions across three company locations allowing employees to complete tasks faster with less human error; increased productivity by 30%.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Set up test environment for new applications by configuring system resources, updating data storage schema, and providing automated installation scripts.
- Gained a full understanding of digital media encoding by solving problems with incompatible codecs, transcoding speeds, and error messages.
- Resolved incidents in over 50 percent of cases within first call resolution time-frame.
- Received appreciation from peer teams at annual company meeting for effort spent researching information on off-shore development companies.
- Resulted in an 85% customer satisfaction rating after consulting with customers on effective use of existing software features; increased sales to $8 million within 12 months as result of sales training received over course of three month contract.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Learned the application development life cycle by contributing to multiple phases of new software applications for clients; designed and tested computer-based training modules.
- Spearheaded and reviewed and approved project specifications for a financial system used by all bank branches, successfully implementing it nationwide within one year of beginning employment.
- Introduced an enhanced workflow process resulting in greater management visibility and more efficient office operations.
- Earned $15,000 bonus after negotiating 20% off list price on major hardware purchase saving organization $120,000.
- Managed quality control processes overseeing software testing activities for five new releases, including maintaining up-to-date bug tracking database.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Evaluated, tested and recommended application software that would be reliable and cost-effective.
- Estimated costs for current or proposed systems utilizing Microsoft Access in order to maintain database records.
- Educated computer users on product’s benefits; distributed manuals, newsletters, training disks; conducted training sessions; attended conferences.
- Resolved customer support issues for computer system integrators throughout the world by following problem resolution steps outlined in documentation including alternative courses of action when necessary.
- Effectively trained customers on various aspects of product function; established trust between company and customer base through teamwork with representatives in international locations.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Spearheaded and guided application development in a global team of engineers and consultants.
- Identified critical needs during association with an international mission-critical initiative, saving the company over $4 million dollars.
- Authored several publications that have been recognized by peers as “the industry standard” for meeting best practices.
- Collaborated on projects directly related to several successful patent applications filed by large companies, including Google, Amazon, Apple.
- Oversees a variety of IT processes catering to Fortune 500 clients; directed the design of new software capabilities which became a key differentiator for our company, based on internal audits and customer feedback reports.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Gained a solid foundation in the application development life cycle, including requirements analysis by researching client’s needs and consulting experience.
- Provided solution suggestions to clients during over 10 presentations per month.
- Innovatively implemented the creation of a new multimedia project package for Adobe Director MX 2004.
- Promoted from Application Trainee to Consulting Consultant within 6 months of employment with a significant yearly salary increase.
- Effectively handled requests for information from potential customers and fielded telephone calls from existing customers on technical issues through written communication via e-mail and voice mail messages.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Effectively communicated product data and discussed associated software with customers.
- Performed a variety of activities, including sales presentation, demonstrating new products, and consulting with customers on their business needs.
- Utilized critical thinking skills to develop new approaches for goal attainment, resulting in a more efficient workflow process.
- Rebuilt customer base after conducting research to determine causes of past failures; led efforts that resulted in over 30% increase in monthly sales revenue.
- Collaborated with team members to help define requirements for programming language modifications resulting in increased accuracy by 12%.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Identified, researched, and documented required information for new application development; successfully worked with members of different departments to complete project.
- Provided recommendation regarding software requirement based on specifications gathered during requirements analysis; recommended the purchase of three licenses at $5,000 per license.
- Resolved technical issue that was affecting all servers in New England region; received $75 bonus for this achievement.
- Received certificate as top rated consultant in company after achieving 100% customer satisfaction rating based on customer surveys conducted at least once every six months.
- Achieved highest ranking possible by JDA Software Group (JDA) after receiving five-star ratings out of a maximum five stars on training evaluations.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Gathered requirements from personnel department of 51 branch offices of major bank for upgrading software to the new core system.
- Wrote internal procedures for staff to aid in more efficient workflow during daily transactions.
- Designed prototype management reports, including inventory reports and invoice verification reports, which streamlined staff workflows.
- Identified weaknesses within current training process by surveying 100 employees’ particular needs for improved staff development guidance.
- Provided customer with effective personalized service by helping them increase their production efficiency via more accurate data entry methods.
Application Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and delivering quality solutions across major financial services.
- Consulted sales team to develop sales strategy, products, services, proposals, promotions, education sessions.
- Trained two consultants on how to work with product development teams to produce presentations for customers.
- Collaborated with business analysts on developing business processes that enabled the project team to meet key milestones successfully within time and budget constraints.
- Managed overall project effort ensuring delivery of high-quality software products by all project members meeting all deadlines. Successfully completed Ahead of Schedule!
Application Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Conducted in-depth analysis and prepared written reports on prospective clients for senior consultants.
- Successfully implemented new sales process which acquired $1 million in accounts, exceeding sales quota by 40% and earning promotion.
- Demonstrated excellence in understanding customers’ needs and recommending solutions that exceeded their expectations.
- Launched new software into national market by developing collateral materials, training presenters and coordinating large-scale launch events with customers.
- Pioneered development of real estate industry practice area, restructuring company strategy to focus on the lucrative market while initiating new technique for closing sales.
Most application consultants have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems. Successful application consultants must demonstrate knowledge of data systems and computer programming, write reports, think critically, analyze data, problem solve, teach others, and communicate their findings to clients.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.