Professional Land Surveyors are in charge of using specialized equipment to measure and mark property boundaries and calculate public, private, and government development dimensions. Their duties include measuring distance and angles, perform mathematical equations, identify boundaries and reference points, develop land survey reports and guidelines, conduct property research, and prepare sketches and notes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Professional Land Surveyor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Professional Land Surveyor resumes for your reference.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 1
- Completed a full-scale project for a real estate development company, including engineering and mapping.
- Identified the need for an additional land surveyor with a proven track record of productivity and cost efficiency; recommended self to fill position.
- Developed a new map format that facilitated communication between surveyors by utilizing automated CAD software.
- Collaborated across departments to resolve conflicting schedules among design engineers, field crews, and subcontractors.
- Assisted in developing GPS rover stations used by machine control system to smooth workflow during layout for another project.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 2
- Assisted a team of engineers and architects in the design of a corporate campus, including street layout, parking lot layouts, grading plans.
- Worked on major construction projects for commercial/ entertainment venues such as amusement parks, casinos, shopping malls.
- Conducted prospective surveys for utilities installations, recreational areas and other large developments. Wrote reports containing boundary descriptions, data collection methods, original calculations.
- Completed topographic survey that provided detailed measurements of land with an accuracy close to 0.1% grade; reported back to the client with finalized maps within 3 days.
- Tracked down existing utility lines within the boundaries of the map area by interviewing key informants, studying county records, and performing test digs.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 3
- Performed a pre-development survey of 3.31 acres for a major master planned community in California.
- Selected by a manager after showing initiative and research skills while identifying primary and secondary data collection methods to best suit the project requirements.
- Completed three land surveys, two subdivision developments, nine site plans, and several environmental impact reports.
- Identified opportunities to improve survey accuracy through use of state-of-the-art technology during field work.
- Researched legal boundaries to resolve conflicts between multiple property owners utilizing private records from county offices as well as other data sources.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 4
- Managed all aspects of land surveying; managed five survey crews.
- Hazards identified for proposed site development; pollution potentials prepared reports.
- Certified by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor (PLS).
- Evaluated, modified, and approved all final engineering plans.
- Preformed boundary surveys; documented conveyances; performed topographic surveys; surveyed parking lots and roads; measured existing structures and fencing.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 5
- Finalized location reports, boundary line adjustments, subdivision plats, and quieted title for 10+ projects per year.
- Implemented the latest in high precision GPS survey equipment to accommodate client’s demands for efficient service.
- Provided exceptional service to clients by attending weekly meetings, phone calls, emails to ensure their needs are met with quick response times .
- Promoted through company ranks quickly due to outstanding job performance; reached managerial status.
- Trained 2 new employees on map publishing software; recognized by co-workers as a great mentor with superb knowledge of tools & functions.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 6
- Performed as a top-producing agent of new real estate development for 4 years.
- Received the “Top Producer Award” from national company for attaining 100% of quota four consecutive years starting 2006 to 2010.
- Planned and designed a subdivision, including all utilities and infrastructure, providing detailed construction drawings for engineering.
- Designed city water system with pump station expanding into neighboring communities, saving residents from polluting wells on adjacent properties.
- Provided environmental assessment reports on land use conditions to local governments and private sector consulting firms.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 7
- Used total stations, levels, transits, chain-in-hand to measure and stake out site boundaries.
- Conducted research in local libraries and other public facilities for calculational data of road grades and earthwork quantities.
- Designed layouts for residential lots according to topography while considering minimum setbacks required by law.
- Demonstrated ability to design layout of large site with swale system for drainage while estimating quantity of fill needed; recommend three alternate designs.
- Provided accurate information about areas to be affected by proposed construction projects by measuring volume of soil involved in the project.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 8
- Designed facilities access.
- Completed facilities boundary surveys with 100% accuracy.
- Provided land surveying services to the development, construction, and facilities departments in order to ensure utmost client satisfaction.
- Maximized profits by generating innovative ideas that increased the quality of work while also reducing cost efficiency for taxpayers.
- Achieved Surveyor’s Award; successfully employed all available methods of measurements to finalize project with highest precision.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 9
- Designed and managed the development of several small shopping centers in an economically depressed area.
- Trained, supervised, and managed three survey crews, two aides, four technicians, and a full-time drafter.
- Developed specifications for commercial and residential building contracts and prepared cost estimates on various types of construction projects.
- Developed technical reports which included boundaries and easements; surveyed land parcels to identify potential zoning obstacles.
- Monitored environmental issues such as storm water management during surveys near bodies of water to ensure compliance with state laws.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 10
- Performed quality inspections of various equipment, tools, fixtures, and procedures to ensure compliance with standards under the direction of a lead person.
- Accurately surveyed over 30 acres in terrain consisting of extensive ponds, swamps, heavy vegetation, and high spot elevations by foot/kinematics GPS.
- Coordinated daily schedules during land surveys which were often completed at night or on weekends; effectively managed errors by improving document management system.
- Successfully managed team perceptions through group presentations while meeting deadlines for several consecutive projects valued at over 3 million dollars each.
- Determined topography grade stakes locations while successfully communicating with other engineers via radio/cellphones; reduced project costs by 10%.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 11
- Assembled and organized full-time field crews, including equipment operators, with daily schedules to ensure project success.
- Identified potential problems in the field for immediate resolution which resulted in a 50% increase of productivity and cost efficiency.
- Consulted with clients’ engineers and architects through site observation, checking measurements against plans and producing necessary revisions.
- Prioritized workloads by identifying critical path activities that affect overall job performance; identified risk management strategies to avoid delays on projects up to $20 million.
- Handled emergency situations such as natural disasters (including water), missing equipment, loss or theft of files; resolved time sensitive issues between multiple departments/contractors/clients.
Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 12
- Surveyed and staked out over 30 sites (tracts) for residential development; obtained topographic information by using GPS unit.
- Conducted office work using AutoCAD and performed work under pressure of strict deadlines.
- Provided surveyors with project-specific data and was responsible for overall high quality output of assigned tasks (i.e., accuracy).
- Prepared digital files, reports, and documents that were used to evaluate real estate claims in court cases, which involved large parcels up to 600 acres in size.
- Supervised two survey crews totaling 10 personnel; kept records such as time cards and equipment inventory.
To work as a Professional Land Surveyor, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Math or Land Surveying. Professional Land Surveyors must demonstrate strong mathematical skills, communication skills, research skills, measuring skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and reading skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Professional Land Surveyor Resume Samples
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 1
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 2
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 3
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 4
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 5
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 6
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 7
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 8
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 9
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 10
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 11
- Professional Land Surveyor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up