When someone lives in the eye of the public, their appearance is incredibly important to their success, and that often means that their outfits need to be perfectly coordinated and made to impress. These individuals seek help from freelance fashion stylists, who work with them to make clothing choices that allow them to really stand out.
How to Become a Successful Fashion Stylist?
- While the educational requirements for this job are not official, like most freelance jobs you will need to have a considerable amount of experience and training to prove you have the right skills. A degree from a program in fashion design or experience with clothing creation and style advice will be helpful.
- Typically you will begin your career as an assistant to a more established stylist, as experience will be needed before you can truly freelance. In this role you will learn the basics of the field and will typically assist by aiding your mentor with errands and research, as well as designing looks.
- The more famous someone is, the more likely they are to want a stylist to assist them, so you will likely be working for some rather high profile clients once you begin. Being discrete and understanding their need for privacy is very important, as they will want your dealings to be mostly behind closed doors.
Designing looks for your clients will require research just as much as creativity, as well as teamwork. The client likely has an image they already want to achieve, and they will need your help getting it done. So being a cooperative worker will make this easier and make them likely to recommend you to others.
The Best Fashion Stylist Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Fashion Stylist resumes for your reference.
- Negotiated with vendors on availability, product specs, distribution, delivery deadlines and price.
- Managed buying and selling of goods online via third-party sales venues such as eBay and Etsy.
- Suggested merchandising and flow strategies based on current data, trends and forecasts.
- Steamed and ironed fashion items in preparation for professional photo shoots.
- Established deep relationship with clients by consistently delivering memorable shopping experiences to all clients (which resulted in achieving events and personal sale goals).
- Ability to use on-trend style by understanding of the current and immerging trends to promote as a fashion authority and enhance client’s confidence in their wardrobing skills.
- Strong knowledge of broad range of products comprehension across all merchandise categories within the store.
- The Fashion Stylist department is responsible for providing fashion advice, and coordinating outfits and accessories for models and on air talent.
- Select the most appropriate pieces from collections and ranges for the live show – helps to create the concept of product lines, and execute the vision for our partners and vendors.
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends, styles, and designs; stay current on contemporary styles.
- A confident top performer passionate about working in a creative environment.
- Personal fashion stylist committed to helping a portfolio of clients by curating an assortment of pieces to fit their personal lifestyle.
- Work closely with top designer, sales directors and IT to improve e-commerce site, discuss latest fashion trends and work closely with designers for photo shoots.
- Create content updates on social media platforms in order to boost attraction to services provided on and offline.
- Coordinate with the boutique’s staff to design and redesign client’s wardrobes.
- Arrange and organize effective action plans and schedules for creative marketing plan designs and execution.
- Supervise and manage apparel, accessories, make-up and hair styling of clients.
- Offer customized styling services in accordance to client’s personalized style and preferences.
- Responsible for the art direction in regards to the styling, make-up, and hair concepts for various editorial and non-editorial photo shoots.
- Responsible for creating and putting together “Concept Looks” for various clients within the Fashion industry.
- Role includes “pulling” specific looks for published editorial features, print, television advertising campaigns, and celebrity related events.
- Responsibilities include networking and building relationships with Fashion Designers, Fashion Photographers, PR Firms, Makeup Artists, Models, and other creative artists within the Fashion Industry.
- Image consultation, shopping,styling for events,appearences,parties,formal dances,weddings and birthdays.
- Organizing closets, helping to bring out confident, bold, trendsetting outfits for any occasion.
- Remembering the clients needs while stepping outside of their comfort zone.
- Creating new attitudes and outlooks through the art of Fashion.
- Greeted customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their needs.
- Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and preferences.
- Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges and security practices.
- Fostered a positive work environment by consistently treating all employees and customers with respect and consideration.
- Educated customers about the brand to incite excitement about the company’s mission and values.
- Operated a cash register for cash, check and credit card transactions with 100% accuracy.
- Handled all customer relations issues in a gracious manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Creative director for editorials: partnering with top photographers in creating an overall story and choosing location, models, hair and makeup and communicating that vision clearly with my team.
- Conceptualize, execute and style clients for red carpet events, including pulling from high end showrooms.
- Closet assessment, organization and personal shopping to complete a client’s wardrobe needs.
- Meeting the styling needs of corporate and commercial clients for large productions.
- Overseeing photo and commercial productions by managing time and keeping the set organized while directing the team creatively.
- Maintaining and growing customer relationships through outreach and company tools.
- Number one store in company with the highest increase in volume over LY.
- Ensure excellent customer service satisfaction through identification, clarification, and resolution of various issues.
- Developed significant experience styling in a wide variety of settings, including styling for magazine editorial, commercials, print advertising, and red carpet.
- Collaborated with lead stylist to develop looks for clients and make recommendations as to what fashion choices will best suit the client’s desired image.
- Pulled, organized and prepared clothing for shoots; managed shipping and receiving of wardrobe; managed inventory; prepared budgets for large scale projects; supervised team of five assistants on large shoots.