These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Counselor resumes for your reference.
- Planned, Implemented and documented successful educational, recreational, youth leadership, community service and arts activities with school aged children when necessary.
- Facilitated, lead and/or coordinated special events, trips and activities for program as instructed by program director.
- Responsible for completing and the timely submission of all program reports relative to this position, including but not limited to supply requests, attendance, incident and accident reports, and evaluations.
- Assist in enrollment, recording and submitting daily attendance records, and any other required documents to the administrative office.
- Maintain confidential records of each youth to include weekly progress reports as well as other related documents.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential partnering agencies.
- Provide appropriate referrals to partnering agencies for additional services when needed.
- Travel on public transportation throughout NYC required for staff meetings, service delivery and recruitment.
- Provided opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp.
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, and sportsmanship.
- Supervised, assisted instructors and actively participated in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Observed camper behavior, assessed its appropriateness, enforced appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and applied appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Provided leadership to campers in all areas and acted as a role model in all areas of camp activities, including cleanliness, punctuality, chores, rules, and sportsmanship.
- Provided assistance to camp counselors and administrative leadership by supervising campers at all times to ensure safety and enjoyment.
- Communicated with parents regarding participant experiences and expectations.
- Identify and respond to camper behavioral issues, and report concerns to camp leadership.
- Organized, lead, and promoted interest in summer camp recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Enforced rules and regulations of summer camp to maintain discipline and ensure the campers safety.
- Communicated with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors and related issues.
- Residential counselor for teenagers and adults with severe mental illness and chemical dependency.
- Observed individuals behavior and specific responses to treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Lead skills development and /or activity groups with individuals and families.
- Monitored medications and make appropriate medication administration forms entries in accordance with the medication protocol.
- Working to treat a wide range of adult clients with substance related disorders as well as co-occurring mental health disorders.
- The residential facility maintains a clientele of 60 clients with a personal case load of 15-20 clients.
- As a counselor I am responsible for weekly individual sessions, treatment planning and weekly treatment plan reviews, crisis intervention, case management, process groups, psycho educational groups (20-60 clients).
- Effectively treats adults and adolescents from a variety of diverse cultural, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Develops and maintains confidential progress notes, and conducts intake and termination assessments utilizing digital notes program.
- Experienced with suicidal ideation, crisis interventions and acute emotional stress.
- Experience working with drug addiction and alcohol abuse using a harm reduction and motivational interviewing approach.
- Conduct medical, psychosocial/environmental assessment of clients through personal interviews, observation and other methods to determine clinical resources and/or services required.
- Conducts individual/group counseling related to mental and behavioral problems, substance abuse, personal and other life problems.
- Thorough documentation of patient records/charts in web-based record keeping system.
- Built unity among groups of youth from diverse geographical, ethnic, and family backgrounds.
- Led and mentored 140 youth on various life skills and helped them teach and support each other.
- Solely responsible for the safety, well-being, instruction, and discipline of dozens of youth each week.
- Provide a warm, inviting atphoshere so women feel comfortable to share their thoughts and emotions.
- Assist doctors and nurses during procedures and the patient with relaxation techniques.
- Clerical work such as: answering phones, taking payments, inputing information in patient charts, etc.
- Essential Duties included comprehensive assessment of client’s substance abuse history and treatment requirements, and prepared individualized developmental appropriate treatment plans.
- Provide individual and group counseling, and educational programs in accordance with treatment plan.
- Documented treatment and discharge plans, and client’s progress and responses to treatments; and maintained related records and charts.
- Also make sure all information’s is up to date such as conviction rate, addiction progress and educational levels that must be passed in order to properly discharge.