A Public Relations Director helps to coordinate a company’s communication with business partners, journalists, and other interested parties. Their duties include developing PR strategies, collaborating with news publications, intermediating between senior and junior level employees, market analysis, managing the company’s social media, and overseeing public events.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Public Relations Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Public Relations Director resumes for your reference.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 1
- Launched new website with integrated social media, SEO optimization, and custom content solutions for key customers.
- Improved on-line sales conversion rates by 6% through creative online marketing strategies focused on Facebook ads, Google Adwords PPC campaigns, email blasts, and dynamic social promotion.
- Spearheaded the development of an international directory of PR industry resources that generated over $20K in new business leads.
- Secured high profile authentic third party endorsements of luxury home resorts for multi-million dollar travel websites; generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising revenue via co-branded press releases distributed to top newswire services.
- Promoted global awareness during two years as a communications director for the World Champion American Football team; responsible for concept, creation, distribution of over 1,000 press clippings globally.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 2
- Successfully evolved client-agency relationship to achieve personal and organizational goals; recognized for outstanding individual contribution by the President of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining media relations with 22 print, radio, and TV publications; received recognition from agency management as a “Top Contact” for public relations efforts.
- Created innovative projects including corporate identity packages and national ad campaigns which resulted in increased market share by 10% over consecutive years; awarded Vice President’s Trophy as top employee.
- Guided company through difficult financial period following reduction in advertising budget by 25%; negotiated new vendor contracts resulting in $38,000 annual savings while maintaining services.
- Developed an international marketing campaign to promote services in Mexico and Canada; organized meet and greet visits to two nations and developed strategic public relations plans.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 3
- Directed media relations for a software company; coordinated with television, radio and print media to discuss products.
- Established effective PR outreach program that gained local newspaper coverage and increased Internet traffic by 20 percent.
- Integrated public affairs into customer relationship management (CRM) system; maintained positive relationships between clients and firm.
- Pitched stories to news editors of national business magazines; provided writing services to the press, generating revenue for advertising agency.
- Wrote rough copy for an annual report; edited and proofed reports to ensure accuracy.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 4
- Manage and lead a staff of 7 professionals in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations.
- Developed innovative new methods to market restaurants and clubs; significantly increase sales by 20% within first year.
- Initiated successful community outreach programs with local businesses; gathered over $15,000 in sponsorships for non-profit organizations.
- Spearheaded multiple campaigns to raise money for charity; raised over $10,000 for breast cancer awareness campaign.
- Built collaborative relationships between nonprofit agencies and corporations through networking and participation in community events.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 5
- Managed over $30 million in donor funding, resulting in an additional $25 million in donations; recognized by the Board for outstanding performance.
- Oversaw public relations department and all media relations for the organization; addressed multiple high-level inquiries from national and international press to include print, radio, TV, and internet.
- Promoted and enhanced organization’s brand awareness through strategic placement of features on annual events in top media outlets targeting affluent audience.
- Planned and directed marketing campaigns to communicate with shareholders about company’s stock ownership plans resulting in increased stock value.
- Spearheaded request for proposal process resulting in a favorable increase in revenue for PR firm during time of economic crisis.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 6
- Increase awareness and enhance reputation of technology firm as a category leader, even during the economic downturn.
- Received recognition for exceptional customer service from one of company’s largest customers; selected as Employee of the Month.
- Pitched and secured media coverage throughout Europe with innovative campaigns; earned industry recognitions for excellence in PR strategy and execution.
- Lead crisis management effort to keep global brand reputation intact during difficult foreign relations issues by maintaining positive engagement with influencers and stakeholders around the world.
- Wrote company’s first-ever full-length case study; recognized by peers, superiors, and business partners for persuasiveness, creativity, collaboration skills, initiative, selflessness.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 7
- Interpreted marketing objectives to provide new innovative campaigns while maintaining brand image, generating communications strategies, and creating integrated company publicity.
- Maintained client relationships through effective communication with varying personalities on all levels of business operations. Managed services that included writing monthly newsletters, press releases, speech writing for executives, developing promotional materials, coordinating events, managing public relations industry association memberships and activities.
- Developed ideas for getting attention by earning award-winning PR through media promotion of annual event featuring new product launch in the national market.
- Earned reputation as a trusted advisor by suggesting effective solutions within budget boundaries during corporate growth phases; managed agency staff including account supervisors who supervised Public Relations Assist according to PR industry association guidelines.
- Presented training seminars on public relations topics, including writing press releases and speeches for business executives. Conducted research to improve the effectiveness of internal staff services by developing strategies to expand revenue sources.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 8
- Established and led team public relations support of company objectives.
- Initiated, implemented, and planned new program to promote business of Japanese corporation in US market.
- Planned and organized 3 day trade show exhibiting organization’s accomplishments; boosted industry awareness for clientele, management, and employees.
- Promoted positive image of the organization with local media by creating press releases that highlighted various community activities.
- Developed a new marketing strategy for a publishing company by designing a ‘targeting’ plan catering to its demographics through direct mailings, pay per click ads, customized newsletters, TV ads on Spanish channels, etc.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 9
- Planned, produced, and promoted public relations campaign for newly formed corporation.
- Served as spokesperson for new product roll-out by the company through media interviews.
- Reorganized Public Relations department to create more effective flow of information between departments.
- Upgraded customer service functions within Sales Department; increased investment in Sales tools and collateral.
- Developed key relationships with community leaders that led to major improvements in business operations through strategic partnerships with non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Public Relations Director Resume Sample 10
- Solved communication problems at five companies by applying public relations.
- Soon after receiving the position as Assistant Director of Public Relations for a major corporation, placed in charge of developing and implementing new corporate programs to help employees build better relationships within their communities.
- Promoted to Director after successfully coordinating social media and email marketing campaigns, events and website updates; doubled annual revenue while maintaining 100% employee retention rate.
- Planned and managed logistics for four national conferences that featured 10 nationally known speakers and attracted more than 3,000 participants.
- Generated $6MM in revenue from New York City clients alone through strategic event planning; recruited by MetLife executives to plan their company-wide annual conference in New York City (2009).
Public Relations Directors need at least a Bachelor’s Degree in PR or a related field such as marketing and a minimum eight years of public relations experience. They must also show strong communication, leadership, presentation, and organizational skills as well as a strong understanding of modern social media, marketing, and web design.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Public Relations Director Resume Samples
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 1
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 2
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 3
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 4
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 5
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 6
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 7
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 8
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 9
- Public Relations Director Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up