Accounting analysts run businesses number to ensure they are achieving their financial goals. A day in the office involves perusing data used to inform budgeting, maintain financial records, analyze the data stored over the years, produce reports that help inform decision-making in meetings, provide expert recommendations for members of other departments and performs specialized tasks assigned by the management.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Accounting Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Accounting Analyst resumes for your reference.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Performed assigned duties for a client as well as performing other work such as reviewing and auditing internal controls on a nature to determine their effectiveness.
- Founded and led the audit team of three employees that performed audits of small business clients, some of which were complex.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specialized in checking and financial statement preparation. Audited the financials of several small businesses with varying accounting practices.
- Posed questions to clients to assess their ability to understand information; developed documentation system for their records.
- Identified weaknesses of client’s internal controls and made recommendations to clients along with a plan to fix such weaknesses.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Integrated, analyzed, and finalized the monthly income statement and balance sheet for a mid-sized chemical manufacturing company.
- Analyzed financial statements to detect random or irregular incidences, which would influence the company’s financial performance.
- Assessed internal control over external controls through the areas of management and operations.
- Followed National Standard Audit Guidelines during three years of full-time employment with an international consulting company, thereby providing soundness in public reporting of all public transactions and transactions not in compliance with applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensured accuracy and reliability of data during five years as a records-keeper for the United States Army, Fort Bragg.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Provided support for the implementation of new accounting software ‘MIS’, and became responsible for the proper implementation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly close procedures.
- Conducted an audit for a business involved in interstate commerce; determined that practices were in compliance with federal tax laws.
- Managed inventory count to meet the established standards and consistently achieved zero dollar variance; recognized by peers as an exceptional team member.
- Successfully added three companies to the firm’s client base; recognized by the office Administrator as a competent team member.
- Established working relationships with clients requiring multiple-state audits while maintaining high quality performance reports; recognized as an exceptional team member.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Designed, implemented, and maintained over 20 year old accounting and business systems for a national corporation.
- Accessed and analyzed data for over 400 accounts for a small, growing company.
- Helped develop procedures and design report structures to enhance the effectiveness of the organization’s internal audit program.
- Promoted financial results by increasing sales volume through training in probability of acceptance sales projections.
- Increased productivity of ethnic employees by providing on-site technical support for training their peers.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Encouraged business growth through cost effective and accurate financial reporting.
- Contributed to the analysis of multi-million-dollar accounts for multinational companies for Big 4 accounting firm.
- Assisted in the preparation of financial reports, annual budgets, and cash flow projections for two divisions of a large manufacturing company.
- Made significant contributions to the implementation of new business systems and procedures by preparing the annual budgets, annual sales forecasts, and cash flow projection plans for operations.
- Forecasted actual performance compared to forecasted performance through analysis of sales trends.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Analyzed and recorded results of services provided and compliance with FASB standards.
- Created a monthly database to review labor costs, payroll tax liabilities, and accounts receivable balances against applicable accounting standards.
- Designed reports pertaining to financial hedging and risk management practices used in the direction of retirement planning strategies.
- Reviewed business owner’s personal tax return to ensure proper filings prior to annual audit by IRS.
- Assessed the accuracy of financial projections made by a business owner relating to taxes owed by business.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Accurately analyzed, evaluated, and polished corporate numbers for the congruence of profit margins and company growth.
- Performed easy to difficult calculations appropriate for intermediate to advanced students.
- Produced accurate, timely accounting reports for a major international corporation.
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of equipment and computer systems by assisting in the training of new employees as well as the installation of new systems.
- Performed over fifty installation installations of various types of computer software on various platforms while having limited computer experience himself.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Analyzed and documented financial and performance data to assist in the planning, control, and analysis of budgeting, auditing, and government affairs matters.
- Reviewed and operated accounting systems throughout the firm in compliance with federal regulation.
- Trained managers and staff on an array of accounting topics including, but not limited to, reports reviewing, accounting standards overviews, international financial reporting standards (IFRS), fundamentals of bookkeeping operation procedures.
- Certified as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) by the National Society of Certified Public Accountants (USA).
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively prepared analytical presentations for senior management.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Identified and corrected accounting problems by tracking and analyzing customer statements.
- Created financial statements and databases.
- Analyzed, designed, implemented, documented, and managed accounting system change processes.
- Simulated monthly financial statements with reconciliations of items in the prior month accounts.
- Served as departmental secretary; completed all office requirements accurately and on time.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Included in year end income and expenditure budget by reconciling accounts, by verifying income, and by identifying errors using problem solving skills.
- Drafted financial documents such as the balance sheet, income statement, signatory reviews, tax returns, etc., for internal audits.
- When unable to find information on an account or client’s investments due to a lack of resources or knowledge in the department; I was able to find information from other areas of the department and correct the issue.
- Used research skills to identify new possible avenues for growth, turn around industries and acquire more clients within our environment; gain new clients while increasing revenue.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines by completing customer surveys and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Performed daily accounting functions, data collection and validation, tax research and analysis.
- Reviewed departmental budget submissions to ensure that budget projections were reasonable and formulated initiatives to reduce fraud, waste, or abuse.
- Analyzed court documents and presented financial information related to criminal proceedings.
- Developed standard operating procedures for area businesses as requested by management. Created computer applications used by other employees at primary location; commissioned special software for a client company.
- Selected for plant employee of the month award due to excellence in customer service provided during the hiring process.
Accounting Analyst Resume Sample 12
- IVU & Teracom Group SVP; Assisted in the organization of a newly formed full-service tax firm.
- Managed and directed other accounting staff to implement departmental processes and procedures.
- Analyzed, compiled, audited, and analyzed financial data to ensure compliance with applicable regulations at all levels of the organization.
- Directed pre-audit functions. Upgraded and standardized accounting systems. Conducted budget analyses, cost accounting analyses, internal control reviews, etc.
- Reviewed financial statements for accuracy; directed user acceptance testing of software programs; coordinated financial reports for internal management analysis; worked with other departments to establish a UFOC.
To be an accounting analyst, you need a bachelor’s degree in accounting and to be a NACAA-certified and licensed accounting analyst. You also need expertise in mathematics, budgeting, communication, data analysis, critical thinking, decision-making, teamwork and accountability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.