An audio visual tech operates and manages the equipment during live events. An audio visual tech’s responsibilities include operating visual and audio equipment, recording events, technical support, keep inventories, ordering supplies, and editing visual aspects.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Audio Visual Tech Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Audio Visual Tech resumes for your reference.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 1
- Installed and maintained audio visual equipment; designed presentations; installed video conferencing system.
- Coordinated installation of a wireless network with a local school district.
- Managed relationships with IT consultants and vendors to maintain the integrity of our technology network.
- Improved efficiency through effective inventory control and record keeping.
- Received outstanding achievement award for design, construction, and implementation of a high-speed internet portal, which supported product development efforts as well as quality assurance.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 2
- Contacted the appropriate person for repair of malfunctioning equipment, including televisions, cassettes, recorders, computers, telephones, and video players.
- Refurbished outdated equipment by replacing microchips or replacing parts.
- Replaced broken or damaged wires to ensure timely return of machines to clients.
- Provided clients with immediate authorizations on equipment replacement. Coordinated with the shipping company to ensure the correct delivery date and time for equipment replacements.
- Continued monthly auctions of obsolete equipment; recognized by Supervisor for exceptional organization skills in maintaining inventory records for over 100 pieces of multimedia equipment.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 3
- Installed, maintained, repaired, and coordinated service calls with minimal downtime to the facility.
- Verified ability to successfully install, maintain, repair, and coordinate all AV equipment including cable TV systems, cable access boxes, satellite boxes. Implemented scheduled preventive maintenance routines consisting of inspections of cabling for obstructions.
- Performed routine services on all equipment. Diagnosed problems by reviewing system log files and through non-intrusive testing methods. Maintained inventory of all equipment for easy management by providing detailed documentation on each piece of equipment with clear descriptions for a reference regarding the items being maintained.
- Successfully completed all projects on time and within budget. Performed work with minimal supervision, ensuring that projects were completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Received an award for outstanding performance; recognized by the COO of the company for exceptionally effective coordination skills.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 4
- Installed, diagnosed, and repaired audiovisual equipment for conference rooms, auditoriums, classrooms, etc.
- Scheduled preventive maintenance for all facilities covered by this work order.
- Effectively communicated with customers to ensure complete understanding of duties performed in conjunction with applications submitted.
- Identified and reported problems with the current AV system to the appropriate personnel in the Facility Manager’s Department.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 5
- Achieved award for expertise in customer service; effectively identified the audio-visual needs of customers in corporate, commercial, and residential settings.
- Set up AV equipment for meetings and special events in conference rooms, auditoriums, and conference centers.
- Installed an audiovisual system in the Data Center; recognized by the Director for outstanding technical knowledge.
- Designed graphics with Audition 3.0; received recognition for outstanding performance when creating slides showing the benefits of using green technology when setting up presentations.
- Demonstrated superior skill in setting up a projection system in a large auditorium; recognized by the Director for outstanding performance.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 6
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; effectively managed and maintained the departmental budget.
- Handled over 90% of internal repairs to overhead projectors, LCD projectors, and sound systems; identified and resolved problems within 24 hours.
- Identified potential problem areas; made recommendations to improve internal procedures.
- Reorganized department; saved money through the elimination of overtime hours.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively troubleshot and repaired customer complaints on LCD projector and overhead projectors.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 7
- Received ticket for failure to follow the procedure in performing a service call.
- Followed guidelines to make repairs; earned praise from customers who had experienced similar problems.
- Ordered and installed parts and performed preventive maintenance on equipment; earned praise from customers who had experienced similar problems.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 8
- Ensured conference rooms had adequate lighting; managed downtime for room systems including lights, air conditioning, sound system, and presentation equipment.
- Improved lighting efficiency by picking up light bulbs that were no longer working properly; maintained carpet vacuum power.
- Installed new VCRs to backup recordings on multiple units; repaired broken cable box on LCD projectors.
- Installed cable at the new location; taught others the proper way to make repairs on equipment for additional floor space.
- Maintained all processes according to the strict checklist after moving to the new location with 5 large rooms of audiovisual equipment with numerous subsystems.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 9
- Serviced the electronic equipment in the gym, including the DVD players and projection screens, in order to maintain up-to-date technology for students’ exercise routines.
- Performed compulsive testing of all equipment in the gym prior to use.
- Presented new health regulation guidelines with regard to personal hygiene for staff members.
- Performed repairs on large home theater system; corrected problems with AV inputs, FM tuner, and DVD player; provided detailed data regarding malfunction.
- Completed repairs on public address system; obtained replacement parts through local vendors; provided detailed data regarding malfunction.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 10
- Resolved an audio problem that had been unsolved by another technician; saved company $500 by finding a cheaper alternative to what was suggested and saving time and effort.
- Performed minor maintenance checks on over 200 pieces of equipment at a company within one 4-hour period; met with customer approval and awarded for outstanding performance.
- Reconditioned malfunctioning equipment by replacing parts and using performance-based techniques to increase efficiency, saving the company $75,000 in production costs as well as additional personnel hours.
- Suggested process changes that saved the company $50,000 in product costs.
- Identified faulty electrical wiring that had caused a fire in an office building by making extensive use of equipment, including cameras and sensors.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 11
- Replaced a defective projector that reflected a greenish tint, thereby significantly reducing the “alert” sound.
- Installed a new LCD projector fixture.
- Performed minor repairs on computers and minor electronic repairs.
- Installed graphics card for projection system in an auditorium.
- Replaced furniture in two classrooms by completing three rooms at one time, thereby improving efficiency and productivity within an annual budget for each room’s materials.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 12
- Performed duties such as installation and maintenance of computer sound, projection, and video equipment in different areas throughout the United States for all 4 seasons.
- Initiated necessary repairs in a timely manner; upheld company policies and procedures in order to provide efficient service.
- Added value to my department by taking initiative and acting on my own; received the outstanding quality award; effectively communicated with customers regarding equipment issues.
- Completed job within the time allotted; often exceeded work schedules and was recognized for emergency repairs and availability.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively evaluated customer needs regarding audiovisual services.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 13
- Troubleshoot and repair office equipment including all audio-visual related equipment, computing, and telecommunications hardware, and software, copiers, fax machines.
- Designed and implemented audio visual systems for trade shows and auditoriums.
- Troubleshoot and repair AV programmable devices including computers, telephony systems (PBX), videoconferencing systems, projectors, digital signage boards & LCD screens.
- Trained in Database Configuration Services for our in-house technology team; provided training in the design of equipment rack spaces to optimize system performance.
- Managed Special Projects team when budgets were tight; designed audio visual installations to work within limited budgets.
Audio Visual Tech Resume Sample 14
- Recognized as one of the best performers for implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technical equipment.
- Received outstanding achievement award for designing a unique solution to overcome flaws in the company’s current processes.
- Achieved recognition as Client Service Supervisor by increasing productivity by 20% while decreasing the cost of services by 15%.
- Designed an equipment tracking system that increased accuracy for inventory control.
- Recommended an innovative use of outdated technology to increase efficiency despite opposition from the management; applied project plan to increase department productivity by 30%.
To become an audio visual tech, prior experience working in live events is preferred. However, many employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in film or a related field. An audio visual tech must be attentive, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent communication skills, must be technologically savvy, must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.