These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real ETL resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for Business meeting, conversion of business rules into technical specifications.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, business Analysis, Design and Development, testing and implementation of business rules.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 for extraction, loading and transformation (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Extensively worked with various Passive transformations in Informatica PowerCenter like Expression Transformation, Sequence Generator, and Lookup Transformation.
- Good Knowledge on Tableau installation and configuration with Single Server System.
- Worked on technical strategy, provided hardware and software configuration, understood client-wide BI implementation project, designing and developing visualizations.
- Created batch scripts for tableau Server backup atomization on weekly basis and save the backups in particular folder.
- Brainstorm ideas on what to include in views/dashboards from the data source and document on the fly business requirements.
- Worked with External vendors to understand the marketing needs and identify the source data for mapping the requirement.
- Setting up the SFTP connection between the external vendors and the Honeywell security team to transfer the reports securely.
- Data for Connected home reports are pulled using both Informatica/Pentaho ETL Tool.
- Extensively used Informatica Client tools – Power Center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files.
- Responsible for developing for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked closely with DBA’s to develop dimensional model using Erwin and created the physical model using Forward Engineering.
- Performed Design, Build and Unit Test parallel jobs to extract files from Oracle Enterprise stage and Flat files.
- Used DataStage stages Join, Change Data Capture, Lookup, Transformer, Aggregator, Sequential file, Sort stage, Filter stage, Data Set, Remove Duplicate, surrogate key.
- Used Data Stage Administrator to define environment variables and project level settings.
- Utilized stages of Job Sequence such as User Variable Activity, Notification Activity, Routine Activity, Terminator Activity, etc.
- Designed and developed ETL/SSIS programs to extract data from transactional database systems and load to the Data Warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server Integration System).
- Troubleshoot and analyze ETL process failures, data anomalies and other ETL or data warehouse issues identified by automated monitoring, other developers and end users.
- Developed AD-HOC reports for clients using SSRS (SQL server reporting services).
- Worked with customers to define and document the scope and functional requirements for data and reporting needs.
- To understand and analyze the requirement documents and explaining them to team whenever and wherever necessary.
- Design and creation of detailed Technical Mapping document with information on implementation of business logic.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality 8.6.1 (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ 8.6.1.
- Extensively use ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a complex EDW using Talend Integration Suite.
- Test the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process.
- Created and executed test cases for ETL jobs to upload master data to repository.
- Involved in Uploading Master and Transactional data from flat files and preparation of Test cases, Sub System Testing.
- Experienced in full life cycle MDM development including data analysis, database design, data mapping and data load in batch.
- Have involved in Estimating the Informatica development work effort individually for all new development.
- Created Various MicroStrategy objects such as Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidation and created drill maps to obtain aggregated results.
- Tailored product for each client providing customizations in data warehouse, ETL mappings, OBIEE Answers, Dashboards & BI Publisher.
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives through data analysis and fact-finding to develop or modify moderate to complex Extract Transform Load (ETL) streams.
- Extract data from different source systems: risk systems, CDMS (customer data warehouse), CDR (credit derivatives), PSE (Pre settlement exposure) as per SLA and load into staging table as-is.
- Convert data from different source systems into a common format, apply enrichments/derivations, and derive calculated balances like unused committed amount.
- Generate exception reports on source feeds as per data validation rules provided by risk architecture.
- Collaborated with Business Analysts and the DBA to gather requirements, business analysis and designing of data marts.
- Analyzed the logical model of the databases and normalizing it when necessary.
- Involved in design and development of Business Requirements in liaison to business users and Technical teams by gathering requirement specification documents and identifying data sources and targets.
- Designed and developed mappings, defined workflows and tasks, monitored sessions, exported and imported mappings and workflows, backups, and recovery.
- Extensively worked with database and Informatica Partitioning for performance tuning.
- Extensively designed and developed reusable transformations & aggregations and created target mappings that contain business rules.
- Implemented Change Data Capture (CDC) to extract information and Partitioned sessions for concurrent loading of data into the target tables.