Database developers/programmers ensure that database management system can handle a large amount of data in data companies. They often work as members of a software developing team. They ensure the provision of corrective measures if any issue related to database performance is being identified. They are also responsible for the protection of database from unauthorized use by developing security procedures.
How To Become A Successful Database Developer?
To be a Database Developer, you must have a college degree in Computer Science or engineering. Experience as a computer scientist or information technologist will give a move to career options like data architect etc.
It is essential to build a network of information technology professionals. Due to constant changes in technology, it is important. Being a member of such a group gives you exposure to many opportunities.
It is important to listen to the latest announcements from primary database management providers such as IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle
Several years of experience is required by most employers for the database developing post as it typically is not an entry-level position. Working in positions within computer science or information technology is a nice way to gain this experience. Significant experience gives database developers the opportunity to move to career options like date architect, data manager, etc.
The Best Database Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Database Developer resumes for your reference.
- Gather user requirements and design appropriate database solutions for Loyal Driver Solutions Project.
- Design and implementation of stored procedures, views and functions.
- Ensure best practices application to maintain security and integrity of data.
- Managed alongside with the Accounting Deputy Director the project to identify all the accounts used to retain all fees charged to bank customers as well as all interest and other gains.
- Automatized all reporting services usually delivered ad hoc using the SSRS as well as those monthly reports delivered to external entities such as the Central Bank in XML format.
- Trained junior developers on Data Analysis according to company’s core business.
- Developed the entire ETL system which gathers information from various System i OLTP sources to a Staging area to transform and load it into the data warehouse used, in part, to provide information to the board to support their decisions.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Views, Joins and T-SQL code for applications.
- Managed indexes, statistics and optimized queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Responsible for performance tuning and Optimization of stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database tuning wizard.
- Build webpages (C#/VB.Net/ASP.Net) and SQL tables for all audits on a Leads Download site for use across Florida.
- Utilize T/SQL for development of SQL Server jobs, functions and stored procedures.
- Create adhoc, sales/marketing and management reports with Excel & Crystal Reports.
- Meet directly with all departments concerning database-driven needs for the Florida Region (100+ employees/800+ agents/2800 support staff).
- Assisted in creating stored procedures and functions used to extract and load data.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the integrity of specific databases and report any issues.
- Offered support to other personnel who were required to access and analyze the SQL databases.
- Used tools (Excel and SQL) to analyze, query, sort and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
- Work on large scale enterprise database systems for governmental agencies.
- Develop and implement data strategy and associated polices.
- Implement both OLTP and OLAP databases for enterprise level solutions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL solutions with SSIS utilizing multiple data sources and destinations.
- Design and create data marts and data cubes with SSAS utilizing star schema dimensional models.
- Design and develop stored procedures, queries, and views necessary to support SSRS reports.
- Develop new reports and perform maintenance of existing reports.
- Performance tune and optimize stored procedures for efficiency and load speed of reports.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards.
- Write T-SQL code for MS SQL Server database access, modifications, create tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and functions to facilitate client data management.
- Create dynamic SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, to transfer flat files from multiple sources simultaneously performing multiple complex transformations and automatically loading data into multiple SQL database tables and different flat file exports.
- Involved in development & testing of the current FMS processes to include the new TrAMS fields.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to load TrAMS data from and to XML interface files.
- Provided Production support for FMS, a very critical financial application which deals with grants worth millions on a daily basis.
- Created and modified SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader scripts to maintain FTA in-house applications.
- Modified several PL/SQL Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Build a new database for regulating stock inventories, monitoring transactions and tracking orders.
- Associate the official website with SQL server to update model information and price of products.
- Maintain database performance by troubleshooting problems and ensure data is secured and backed-up.
- Design, develop, test, tune, and implement procedural database code and any supporting T-SQL scripts using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Mitigate enterprise level performance issues such as deadlocks to ensure business continuity by evaluating poor performing stored procedures and processes associated with SQL servers.
- Provide support and guidance regarding database development, T-SQL best practices, and development standards to any business units as needed.
- Create and propose technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed implementation.
- Communicated with relevant Business Analysts and Customer managers in order to implement needed changes to the current Oracle database structure.
- Implemented an email package to automatically notify the developers if anything had gone wrong with the nightly backups.
- Worked with Commerzbank branches in Amsterdam, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Dublin, London, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris and Prague to apply changes relevant to their countries needs.
- Executed daily tasks that involved fixing any problems that occurred with the nightly backups.