Research Interns will support the principal investigator with research and development efforts. Their duties include assisting with research methods and experiments, collecting data, interpreting data, carrying out complex research activities, maintaining quality control measurements, filing project documentation and collaborating with consultants and analysts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Research Intern Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Research Intern resumes for your reference.
Research Intern Resume Sample 1
- Conducted research using a quantitative survey that resulted in the publication of “Forced-Choice Preference Method for Measuring Peer Influence in College Freshmen,” which was presented at an international academic conference.
- Interviewed statistically significant numbers of college freshmen to determine their attitudes and opinions regarding peer influence and how it affects their personal and social development.
- Worked under deadline pressure to tabulate, analyze, and present results from data collection processes.
- Identify qualitative patterns within statistical distributions by examining survey responses.
- Analyzed results from statistical models using SPSS programs to describe differences between male versus female students’ perceptions of peer influence multiple regression analysis techniques.
Research Intern Resume Sample 2
- Conducted online search of statistical data on new product sales on the internet.
- Researched customer satisfaction levels for current products; compiled and analyzed data to discover major trends in customer satisfaction.
- Identified novel ways of increasing market share by correlating demographic characteristics with buying preferences of customers.
- Identified social media posts that need more targeted responses from marketing department based on content, frequency, location, and relevance to company products.
- Evaluated effectiveness of marketing strategies by testing effects of e-mail blasts among different groups of customers during holiday seasons.
Research Intern Resume Sample 3
- Gained knowledge and experience necessary to join the workforce in a research capacity.
- Organized and implemented materials used during community outreach programs, including posters, presentations, flyers, training manuals, etc.
- Collaborated with marketing department to define audience for product trials.
- Gathered data from phone surveys to identify customer preferences in order to meet business objectives.
- Processed incoming requests for information through a ticketing system; identified trends regarding inquiries about products and services.
Research Intern Resume Sample 4
- Staffed research projects in the fields of health care, environmental science, and technology.
- Assisted in the development of laboratory methods for analyzing samples; computerized results to develop comprehensive reports.
- Prepared samples by mixing chemicals together according to analytical procedures.
- Completed assigned tasks on time, contributing directly to project deadline success.
- Gained extensive knowledge working with statistical data analysis involving the testing of pharmaceutical formulations during internship at a prestigious research institute.
Research Intern Resume Sample 5
- Participated in the development of a clinical trial that was approved for human research by an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Managed over $5,000 in annual expenditures spent on overhead items such as reagents, chemicals, and animal feed.
- Discovered new functions for naturally-occurring anti-viral proteins by purifying them from tissues collected during fieldwork in Tanzania, Africa.
- Promoted interdepartmental collaboration and team building through facilitating a department-wide discussion group.
- Pioneered new techniques for the analysis of nematode midgut tissue; design was selected to be presented at an international conference.
Research Intern Resume Sample 6
- Conducted research in consumer habits, needs and motivation; analyzed data for entry into new market.
- Collaborated with marketing department on development of new promotional campaign highlighted by hip-hop entertainment event.
- Designed research project that led to breakthrough product of 80% year over year improvement in sales revenue generation.
- Managed all facets of ecommerce redesign project from initial client briefing through final presentation to the executive team.
- Led efforts for fund raising, community outreach programs, and public relations initiatives for non-profit organization resulting in increased awareness and donations.
Research Intern Resume Sample 7
- Conducted and documented an observational study on the tendency of customers to walk faster versus slower through a grocery store.
- Gained exposure to various research techniques during three months as a phone survey interviewer.
- Realized potentials for cross-cultural awareness and dialogic understanding after participating in an international conference as a member of the U.S. team.
- Contributed new methods for marketing consumer products based on original interviews with 50 consumers attending concerts at an arena.
- Analyzed over 100,000 pieces of data resulting from surveys conducted with participants at several music events; tabulated and presented results within budget and on time (Gold Award).
Research Intern Resume Sample 8
- Research on the structure of DNA.
- Collaborate on research articles published in Nature, Scientific Reports, and JBC.
- Conduct structural studies for antimalarial drug design at the Dreyfoos School of The Arts Pre-College Program.
- Lead task force to present new product idea to industry professionals at business plan competition.
- Spearhead marketing campaign resulting in increased stock prices for four months.
Research Intern Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in conducting raw data analysis for various projects including the National Study of American Attitudes on Sexual Health, and Conducted a secondary analysis on Massachusetts Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) data.
- Participated in qualitative research by conducting focus groups with participants from Boston area schools.
- Interviewed individuals from a variety of backgrounds to gain further information about their life experiences in relation to gender identity and sexuality.
- Prepared presentation summarizing major findings from a completed project for a CDC-sponsored conference.
- Wrote final report documenting results from an NIH-funded study assessing the early cognitive development among 565 infants at high risk for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Research Intern Resume Sample 10
- Identified and implemented improved methodologies for the refinement of antibody treatments.
- Assisted in research efforts which produced two patent filings and several publications, while reducing turnaround time by 20%.
- Increased office flow efficiency and reduced reagent consumption up to 30% via innovative technique applications.
- Authored abstracts focusing on hyperproliferative diseases for presentation at international conferences receiving positive feedback from peers.
- Assembled a molecular biology laboratory from the ground up resulting in significant improvements in data collection.
Research Intern Resume Sample 11
- Revised and submitted a revision of the manuscript “Effects of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation on Consciousness” in under two weeks.
- Made contributions to data analysis plan, collected and analyzed data, assisted in writing, editing, and publishing papers.
- Conducted research that was recognized by other researchers at the university level for its quality.
- Partner with other research assistants to produce experimental materials such as survey software packages and stimulus materials across computer platforms (Macintosh, Windows).
- Guided peers through literature search process; proofread abstracts before submission; created databases for publication review process; designed flow charts.
Research Intern Resume Sample 12
- Achieved several accomplishments in the areas of marketing, management, and research.
- Graduated with cumulative GPA above 3.0 in major field of study.
- Recognized by supervisors for exceptional leadership performance during internship.
- Earned two awards for excellence in college writing, including one excellent award from the academy’s top publication board.
- Developed targeted list of over 300 corporate customers with necessary market conditions to purchase products within a specific sales territory that was approved by supervisor prior to making outbound calls.
To work as a Research Intern you need to complete 4 years at an accredited college or university and have 1-3 years of professional experience with strong analytical skills. Research Interns must demonstrate great communication skills, problem-solving, listening skills, interpersonal skills, be a great team player, have initiative, be adaptable, and have great attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Research Intern Resume Samples
- Research Intern Resume Sample 1
- Research Intern Resume Sample 2
- Research Intern Resume Sample 3
- Research Intern Resume Sample 4
- Research Intern Resume Sample 5
- Research Intern Resume Sample 6
- Research Intern Resume Sample 7
- Research Intern Resume Sample 8
- Research Intern Resume Sample 9
- Research Intern Resume Sample 10
- Research Intern Resume Sample 11
- Research Intern Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up