An IT executive is responsible for planning and designing an organization’s technology-related systems. Duties include analyzing business processes to determine where the company’s computer needs must be met, identifying possible solutions based on the needs of the business, and implementing solutions that satisfy both the company’s needs and technical limitations. The top skills for this position are customer service skills, problem-solving/decision-making skills, software development knowledge/experience, strategic thinking abilities, and strong writing skills. A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required for this position along with experience working as a project manager or other related job tasks.
The Best IT Executive Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Executive resumes for your reference.
- Led the selection and on-time implementation of the new enterprise ERPEAM system.
- Led the selection, on time, and on-budget implementation of a new data center.
- Led the selection, on time, and on budget migration from Exchange to Google Apps.
- Created and implemented new business processes to improve customer experience and business cycle times. On-time delivery increased 30% while A/R improved 10 days.
- Worked side by side with the company’s President in the server room fixing and optimizing hardware and software, ensuring that computers and networks were operating correctly.
- ResMed’s product line to address personalized patient care was challenged by complex HIPAA and FDA regulations.
- Worked with the corporate compliance and quality teams to develop a phone-based system to capture blinded patient data and provide an encrypted platform to transmit the data to the responsible teams.
- Defined a solution to improve trial lead time by 35% using Siebel CRM suite of products.
- Worked in developing the iCMS applicant tracking system to reduce the time to process resumes for the expanding workload due to the fast-paced growth by 35%.
- Assisted in starting two companies; developed software for accounting systems and contracts management.
- Manage Data Center, Help Desk, ERP, and Microsoft Exchange accounts with ITO and Managed.
- Increased quality of processes for organizational effectiveness, quality, and proactive planning while decreasing cost.
- Developed strong customer relationships resulting in the growth of the business, and highest customer.
- Provide process governance in changing environments through trend analysis and market.
- Designed 50+ computer-based training modules to teach people how to use software; presented to over 500 technical support personnel.
- Provides technology assessment and guidance of new and existing technologies.
- Utilizes strategic planning and IT best practices to achieve short and long-term goals set by the Executive Director.
- Prepare, justify and manage the IT Department’s budget of over three million dollars.
- Responsible for re-engineering [company name]’s LAN/WAN infrastructure and the virtualization (Vmware 5.5) of their Data Center along with the creation of their first Disaster Recovery Site.
- Coordinated and planned the company-wide expansion of new telecommunication technologies into four new service markets, resulting in an increase of revenue from $5 million to $17 million within three years.
- Developed a web-based competition tracking system for sales managers which led to more sales.
- Custom Designed and Developed U.S. textile manufacturing company website Intedge.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, technical support, graphic design, and web development services.
- Design marketing material, establish newsletter, build and administer a mailing list, create and execute periodic HTML e-mail campaigns and product-specific promotions to a large customer base.
- Delivered to operations and marketing on time, within budget, and to specification the design and implementation of a new intranet access portal for web-based sales transaction processing.
- Analyzed system performance data, bandwidth utilization reports, and other diagnostic tools to identify problem issues, taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Administered network infrastructures to implement internet and data connectivity.
- Designed and implemented Local Area Networks for customers ranging from small offices to large corporate environments and fulfilled their requirements.
- Managed the financial risk of multi-million dollar projects by directing staff in the selection of new hardware necessary to assist in the development of a new website.
- Collaborated with staff from other functional areas by assisting in structuring policies, processes, and procedures.
- Designed and maintained IT training program, business continuity plans, and SOX, NGCB, and PCI compliance documentation.
- Responsible for security, configuration, and hardware/software management of all systems, PCs, user accounts, and project support/management and IT gaming compliance for all business units.
- Communicate with upper management and all business units IT initiatives, operations, and updates.
- Designed and integrated all aspects of technology regarding Flamingo Laughlin into the ACEP technology environment.
- Achieved corporate savings by recommending purchase price reductions from vendors.
- Did executive support for a 24x7x365 on-call rotation and ensured minimal downtime.
- Maintain records documenting licensing, versions, and configurations of workstations, peripherals, and software.
- Executed a global software and hardware deployment for our customers at a corporate and plant level.
- Expanded business opportunities by implementing advanced systems that facilitate automated workflow for greater efficiency.
- Provided leadership, direction, and guidance to effectively transform a traditional service-oriented business into a modern technology company.
- Create IT Investment and Governance models for healthcare agencies and private healthcare corporations.
- Manage a $15mm IT Budget with FTEs and consultants across the Southeastern United States.
- Direct Development, Implementation, Integration, and Project Management Sections.
- Direct Architectural teams in the design and implementation of new E.M.R/E.H.R and HIE technologies.
- Acted as a liaison between the office of Information Technology, Management Pool, and General Counsel to coordinate and implement new technologies on time and within budget.
- Project Manager for annual, “Golf to End Alzheimer’s”, golf outing to benefit the Alzheimer’s.
- Creation and management of vendor sponsor spreadsheets including tabulation of funds, sign placement, pairings, and much more.
- Responsible for all communication to sponsors and individual golfers as related to the event.
- Orchestrated project implementation for all aspects of the new enterprise resource planning system; education of staff resulted in decreased training time and increased employee satisfaction.
- Collaborated with HR to draft policy for the use of remote access security solutions.
- Calibrate with site Recruiting Managers and Employee Relations Managers to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Conduct phone interviews with applicants to determine qualifications for job fit and cultural fit.
- Decide whether the applicant should continue in the selection process.
- Create and implement staffing department policies and procedures, including workforce planning.
- Participated in the creation of more than three hundred support troubleshooting guides for employees across all offices.
- Project management coordinating/managing company split activities including networks, data, phones, equipment, etc.
- Order management including expense tracking and purchase order processing.
- Global departmental expense tracking and budgeting, asset management, inventory monitoring, and purchasing.
- Released an upgraded security system that raised the level of computer security at our organization by 50 percent.
- Led a team that tested newly developed hardware to ensure compliance with updated network standards.
How to Become a Successful IT Executive?
Earn a Degree in IT: Most colleges and universities offer information technology majors that you can choose to study. Graduating with even a bachelor’s degree in IT is essential to landing this position. Like most jobs in the market nowadays, you’ll need to have a college degree to apply.
Take IT Internships Throughout College: Of course, you’ll need a bit more experience than just a college degree if you plan to become an IT executive. Take some IT internships in your free time to work up to the level of experience that a lot of hiring companies are asking for. It will be another strong point on your resumÃ©.
Maintain a Leadership Role: You’ll have to have some experience leading a group before you can make the plunge into IT. The easiest ways to do so are to run for student government or be part of an athletic team. You’ll need to work your way up to get that status, but it will make your resumÃ© shine.
Improve Your Time Management Skills: This might be a skill you pick up without realizing when you’re in the midst of your studies. College and internships require a lot of time and dedication, and being able to balance those effectively will show employers that you can balance the responsibilities of the position.
As technology becomes more integrated into our daily lives, IT jobs are going to become more and more necessary. If you want to break into this blossoming job market, these tips will give you the edge you need to get hired!
Information Technology is a pretty big business to break into. As the younger generations get more and more tech-savvy, the job of an IT Executive may be getting more complicated. These workers are responsible for the IT functions of the company, maintaining the equipment and budget needs, contributing to the overall business strategy and staying up to date with the latest tech trends. If you follow my advice, you’ll have a much easier time breaking into the position.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.