Rider Operators are people who operate rides installed at amusement parks and carnivals. Their duties include guiding guests to their seats, buckling restraints, verbalizing rules, light cleaning of common ride areas and platforms, and acting as first responders on ride emergencies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Ride Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Ride Operator resumes for your reference.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a safe and secure environment for all our guests by enforcing company policies, rules and regulations.
- Assisted first-time riders by answering their questions and concerns about boarding rides.
- Provided quality experiences through the use of technical knowledge to resolve ride issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as a working supervisor during shift as needed or as directed by management.
- Promoted from the position of Line Operator after demonstrating outstanding performance for one year.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 2
- Carefully regulated a ride for children, ensuring that their fun and safety were well balanced.
- Managed the queues of guests waiting to board their rides, keeping them safe and orderly according to company standards.
- Trained new recruits in all aspects of regulating a fairground ride to ensure customers’ satisfaction with service quality.
- Promoted from Lead Operator after demonstrating knowledge, dedication, and leadership for over six months.
- Identified defective equipment and trained supervisors on how to repair it; recognized by supervisor as “the best Ride Operator he’s ever worked with”.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 3
- Mastered all necessary skills required to operate a carnival ride.
- Troubleshooted and fixed rides for customers, employees, and supervisors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the health and safety of four hundred people daily when operating the water roller coaster.
- Promoted to supervisor based on excellent performance in management position overseeing ten seasonal employees.
- Presented with American Amusement Park Association Award in recognition of exceptional service and commitment for five consecutive years.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 4
- Provided customers access to transportation by loading and unloading over 100 passengers on a daily basis, according to safety standards.
- Trained over 50 new employees in proper safety procedures and customer care.
- Received recognition for perfect attendance from Supervisor after 10 years with company.
- Answered questions from riders about bus routes, times, breaks, transfers, fares, etc. during 18 months of service.
- Earned appreciation as a problem-solver; effectively mediated rider altercations for the mitigation of conflict situations on the bus route.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 5
- Led the line of the most popular roller coaster in the park, providing an enthusiastic, smiling attendant to park guests.
- Operated a ride with various special effects while being responsible for over 25 riders per cycle time.
- Assisted injured/ill guest(s) by applying first aid skills and knowledge of CPR.
- Followed safe working procedures, emphasizing accident prevention through good housekeeping practices.
- Supervised six ride operators on new attraction ensuring on-time launches by managing electrical panels and monitoring test runs efficiently.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 6
- Aided in the safe and efficient loading and unloading of passengers.
- Monitored RFID tickets for validity, sent notifications to riders, and turned away those without proper pass.
- Developed a system to monitor all ride vehicles on the track and trains which cross it at any given time.
- Designed new ticketing interfaces that increased efficiency by 15%, netting $12 savings per transaction after just two months of use.
- Tracked down lost children via software tracking system with 98% accuracy within 5 minutes by hearing where they are on the ride.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 7
- Assisted guests to safely enjoy wildest ride at the fair by monitoring the ride, controlling its speed and motion, and operating safety mechanisms.
- Repaired malfunctioning equipment while ensuring patron safety; recognized for excellence in positive customer relations.
- Preserved smooth operation of the tallest, fastest free-fall tower in North Carolina throughout a drought that depleted power supply.
- Collected accurate data about equipment performance during rides to provide documentation for future repairs.
- Enabled riders’ return to thrill rides after temporarily closing midway due to bad weather conditions.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 8
- Maintained composure in the face of being attacked by a disgruntled patron.
- Managed 50 staff members to 5000 patrons daily during peak traffic periods without encountering an incident or accident at the park.
- Provided over 100,000 safe rides for children within one year to ensure high quality service and maintenance of equipment.
- Pioneered new initiatives in water ride technology while actively participating in international exchange programs between designers, manufacturers, vendors, and representatives from all parts of the world.
- Achieved award for safety performance based on analysis of accident data compared against industry averages and national benchmarks; recognized by U.S. Ride Manufacturer Association as one of only five recipients within the State of California.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 9
- Operated a ride that generated over $700.00 in revenues on a slow day.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by management and the customer satisfaction manager, who is responsible for survey response collection, sending out letters of recognition to customers, and organizing events for top performers.
- Successfully completed 10-hour safety training course with 100% passing record.
- Earned appreciation as Rider of the Month after successfully handling over 400 riders in one day; contributed to the highest daily revenue total since opening weekend despite negative weather conditions.
- Effectively handled high volumes of guests during special events such as Halloween Hauntings and Holiday in the Park while maintaining safe operation at all times.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 10
- Oversee the entire ride cycle from set-up, inspection, testing, breakdown and tear down.
- Repaired defective equipment and replaced worn parts on amusement rides to meet safety guidelines.
- Responded immediately and effectively to several emergency situations with guests and employees; recognized as a “Hero”.
- Achieved certification in first aid training; administered treatment before paramedic response to several incidents resulting in complete recovery of victims.
- Devised new techniques for processing large amounts of cash daily as well as balancing counts; recognized as the best cashier by Regional Manager.
Ride Operator Resume Sample 11
- Managed a team of Ride Operators to provide an “Awesome” experience for our guests by ensuring the safe and efficient operation of attractions.
- Provided training to new employees in all attraction operating rules, guidelines, and safety measures. Trained a minimum of 25 seasonal employees a day. Responsible for hiring, scheduling, training, guidance and discipline of all seasonal employees within the department.
- Awarded Outstanding Performance from management team as Operator Captain at Spookarama-DARK 2013 for exceptional leadership skills demonstrated throughout the season.
- Recognized for saving a guest in the park from choking to death by EMS QMT and Ride Rescue Team members.
- Blessed with an Employee of the Month Award for exceptional work ethic that saved guests’ vacations throughout the season.
The job requires a GED or High School Diploma and may require certification on the specific ride. The Ride Operator will be able to stand for an extended period, stoop, squat, bend, and reach throughout the shift. Overseeing the flow of people on and off, reacting to stressful situations calmly, and portraying a pleasing enthusiastic demeanor are skills that are necessary to enhance the overall experience of the ride-goer.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Ride Operator Resume Samples
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 1
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 2
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 3
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 4
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 5
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 6
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 7
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 8
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 9
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 10
- Ride Operator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up