Bakery Cashiers support independent bakeries and bakery departments by assisting customers with purchasing and selecting bakery products. Their duties include cash handling, running a register, maintaining customer areas cleanliness, assisting customers, and answering phones.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bakery Cashier Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bakery Cashier resumes for your reference.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 1
- Adhered to company standards of appearance and hygiene.
- Maintained positive relationships with customers and employees.
- Achieved award for reaching or exceeding sales goal; received excellent performance awards for outstanding sales volume, customer satisfaction, and accuracy (or precision) in daily quotas.
- Led a team of four cashiers in replenishing inventory.
- Completed satisfactorily all training requirements.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 2
- Exhibited exemplary customer service to loyal customers.
- Met all financial goals for the quarter and year; key contributor in assisting with opening branches; recognized as a rising star by the District Manager.
- Helped increase sales totals through providing fast and accurate service to customers, thereby eliminating lines at the cashier stand.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of bakery products, which increased store sales; recognized by peers as an expert on bakery items.
- Provided assistance to other cashiers when needed while maintaining a high level of customer service.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 3
- Effectively processed customer transactions and resolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Processed transactions expeditiously; earned appreciation for reducing the wait time for customers and other employees by decreasing the backup of transactions.
- Achieved award as the best cashier; recognized by customers and supervisors for maintaining a positive attitude and demonstrating excellent service during peak business hours.
- Earned award as a most dependable cashier; noticed and praised by the Store Manager for being consistently on time, attentive to detail, participating in all activities, and having an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Achieved award as “Cashier of the Month”; recognized for providing effective customer service, maintaining a positive attitude, and fulfilling all job responsibilities.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for accuracy and productivity.
- Personally trained 3 new cashiers; resulted in increased sales up to 25%.
- Achieved top sales totals in the region.
- Promoted to Head Cashier; achieved 50% increase in sales.
- Recipient of Employee of The Year Award; effectively managed department within budgeted guidelines.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 5
- Resolved customer complaints regarding defective products.
- Received award for Outstanding Customer Service; attributed to my punctual, friendly, and effective interaction with customers.
- Achieved award for excellence in sales; achieved consistent sales volumes above the team average and received recognition from the regional manager for this achievement.
- Achieved award of excellence in customer satisfaction; achieved positive results from customer survey ratings and received recognition from the regional manager for this achievement.
- Given cashier position as a result of my outstanding job performance after only six months on the job; recognized as one of the top three cashiers in the company.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 6
- Recognized for outstanding service; established customer rapport, making customers comfortable dealing with bakery sales.
- Recognized by management as the Star Cashier; maintained the highest average amount of sales per day over the previous three months.
- Established customer rapport and provided world-class customer service to patrons, increasing company profit.
- Improved supervising skills by checking customer receipts against bakery cash register daily.
- Trained three new employees quickly ineffective customer service techniques.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 7
- Restocked and displayed inventory in a department set-up by the Head Cashier.
- Attended to customers while operating the cash register including collecting and counting money, checking identification, making change, and preparing bank deposits.
- Achieved award after exceeding daily sales goals; received an hourly pay increase.
- Received recognition for achieving personal best numbers of sales per day.
- Emphasized the importance of keeping customers satisfied by smiling and greeting them with a personal welcome when they entered the store; encouraged them to return for their future retail needs.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 8
- Met customer service expectations while adhering to company’s policies and procedures; effectively helped customers select items, place their orders, and was quickly able to resolve customer complaints.
- Adhered to employer’s health standards which included taking a required drug test.
- Achieved recognition for exceptional customer service; adhered to store area guidelines related to helping customers select products and placing their orders.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively assisted the team with resolving customer complaints, resolving discrepancies in product pricing, and conducting inventory checks.
- Received outstanding productivity awards for exceeding sales goals by more than 10% per month.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 9
- Updated the cash register operator’s manual; learned to be efficient and effective with the money handling procedures of the cash register.
- Learned to provide a clean and sanitary work environment by storing breaks, preparing fresh hand-dipped ice cream, properly cleaning shelves for sanitizing, and cleaning equipment.
- Recognized by the supervisor for exceptional customer service.
- Achieved award for outstanding employee review from co-workers.
- Maintained positive attitude towards job duties; learned to communicate effectively with co-workers in order to resolve customer complaints and maintain good communication with employees while at work.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 10
- Ensured the integrity of credit card sales by adhering to company policy and completing a thorough count of cash after each sale.
- Trained new cashiers in their areas of responsibility, including product knowledge, customer service skills, and cleanliness standards.
- Demonstrated management initiative by becoming a break supervisor; hired and trained employees to fill openings in the busiest times of the day.
- Reduced theft by completing security audits and monitoring video surveillance tapes identifying shoplifters and loiterers in the parking lot.
- Tasked with ordering supplies for the bakery; negotiated for better prices on regularly used items, achieving cost savings for the company.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 11
- Recognized by customers as the “candy connoisseur;” researched and developed innovative ways to sell a variety of sweets and chocolates.
- Utilized exceptional customer service skills; recognized by management for going above and beyond in addressing the needs of customers.
- Achieved award for outstanding cash handling in a fast-paced environment; handled money with extreme care and accuracy.
- Named to preferred cashier list; recognized by management for exceptional credit card transactions.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer satisfaction; provided knowledgeable suggestions regarding gourmet baked goods in response to customer requests.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 12
- Achieved exceptional sales by exceeding quota.
- Attained excellent customer service skills by handling inquiries, returning customers, setting up deliveries, and generating new accounts.
- Completed all store operations effectively and efficiently.
- Attained praise from the store manager for quick learning in tips and techniques of operating the business; a demonstrated initiative by successfully running the bakery and cash register at breakneck speed to accommodate the demand of the customers.
- Received exceptional performance award for leading to $1 million in sales for the calendar year 2008.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 13
- Recognized for exceeding the overall team’s average in daily sales.
- Implemented new procedures and policies quickly because of previous successes.
- Analyzed food cost reports, made accurate costing estimates for advertising, purchased raw stock and finished product to maximize profitability; motivated to stay on top of inventory and make inventory adjustments to ensure safe food handling procedures.
- Recognized for achieving excellence in customer service by repeatedly exceeding sales goals while maintaining friendly, professional relationships with customers.
- Recognized for outstanding performance as a member of a team.
Bakery Cashier Resume Sample 14
- Monitored cash and other operation accounts; cleaned and prepped food items for the day’s business.
- Recognized by coworkers for exceptional customer service; accurately accounted for all cash receipts, including cash handling procedures.
- Received outstanding quality award; frequently prompted coworkers to provide accurate data on all sales transactions and posted daily totals on a daily report.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan, while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award and was recognized by coworkers as the most capable employee within divisions.
To work as a Bakery Cashier you should have a High School Diploma or Equivalence, cash handling skills, and knowledge of basic mathematics. Bakery Cashiers must demonstrate attention to details, customer service mentality, ability to multitask, organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, phone etiquette, ability to create and maintain scheduling, and leadership abilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.