An Athletic Trainer helps individuals achieve their fitness goals. Their duties include working with patients to evaluate their fitness condition and objectives, creating exercise and nutrition plans, maintain records of diet and training, diagnosing and treating sports injuries, preventing injuries with tape and braces, and providing emergency care to athletes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Athletic Trainer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Athletic Trainer resumes for your reference.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented cutting-edge fitness training techniques designed to improve cardiovascular fitness and strengthen muscles.
- Designed, supervised, and conducted exercise programs in a safe and healthy manner.
- Developed a comprehensive training program for a world-class swimmer who qualified for the U.S. Olympics team with a time of 2:03.00.
- Designed an intense weight training program for a world-class shot putter who set a national record for the shot put the event in 2002 with a throw of 66 feet, 3 inches.
- Developed an elite conditioning program for a world-class cyclist who qualified to compete in the Pan American Games.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 2
- Trained clients, including weight loss and rehabilitating injured athletes, to promote overall wellness.
- Prescribed exercise routines and nutritional programs to meet the needs of multiple clients, one of whom lost 21 lbs. without surgery.
- Handled emergency situations such as hypothermia and dehydration for a diabetic person who was swept out to sea by an undertow; performed CPR and transported patient via emergency helicopter to the hospital alive.
- Managed and scheduled training sessions for six athletic teams based on their needs; trained high school football players for 1 hr. 45 minutes each day during the summer season.
- Developed a rehabilitative program that significantly reduced the high school football team’s incidence of head and knee injuries during practice sessions.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 3
- Trained and supervised athletes, improving their performance level in a safe, positive environment.
- Gained the highest student satisfaction rating in the health club for all his students; established a fitness team; performed an athletic trainer demonstration at a health fair.
- Introduced new exercise equipment to state-of-the-art fitness centers; established and trained exercise classes to keep membership of members and increase membership of clients.
- Achieved award for outstanding athlete endorsement; designed workout plans for competitive athletes; created new exercises that would benefit specific sports teams, received the award for outstanding health recognition.
- Achieved award for outstanding athlete endorsement; designed workout plans, enhanced sports equipment and accessories for athletic teams, and won the award for outstanding health recognition.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 4
- Evaluated the status of a patient’s physical condition and prepared a detailed treatment plan.
- Interpreted injury information from team physicians and presented treatment plans to the appropriate coaches.
- Actively solicited input from other qualified medical professionals while providing patient care in a professional manner.
- Implemented ICD-9 coding system while documenting treatments and recording injury information on a database.
- Played an active role in ensuring that patients followed prescribed treatment plans and completed all required quality measures after rehabilitation sessions.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 5
- Resolved a challenging case of a patient recovering from a torn rotator cuff.
- Guided team to success during the 2011 season; assisted in raising awareness about stroke prevention programs with a local hospital.
- Led healthy lifestyle program at local YMCA, encouraging adults to participate in an active lifestyle.
- Recognized for performing CPR for 20 minutes until the ambulance arrived and the patient was revived with a defibrillator after being injured during a soccer game.
- Prior, as the athletic trainer for the 2010-2011 school year, demonstrated excellent customer service skills and professionalism when treating various injuries and ailments for football and varsity cheerleading teams.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 6
- Recognized for outstanding performance in sports medicine; scheduled and scheduled appointments with athletes and physicians.
- Received award for outstanding quality; led interns and supervised staff during intensive training of new programs.
- Coordinated and implemented new programs and activities.
- Managed and directed professional and volunteer coaches, instructors, doctors, and therapists who provided services to athletes at multiple locations.
- Recognized for exceptional performance in sports medicine; supervised and supervised others.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 7
- Developed and maintained a physical training routine for me; evaluated and modified programs based on specific needs.
- Developed and implemented an athletic training program in the effective execution of rehabilitation exercises for athletes; monitored progress in each athlete’s recovery process.
- Engaged in the development and implementation of a post-season physical training program; ensuring that each athlete was safely recovered from all applicable injuries prior to his/her performance in the postseason.
- Attended local sporting events to prevent injury and actively assisted athletes in their recovery process following games, practices, and workouts.
- Engaged in the maintenance of my specific equipment inventory.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 8
- Acknowledged as a recognized trainer by the director of fitness for outstanding performance.
- Assisted in determining the athletic ability of two professional athletes during their participation in a talent search circuit.
- Participated in a community outreach program for children aged 2–6 years old.
- Achieved award from district commission for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for first-time membership.
- Received outstanding quality award; recognized as an exceptional trainer who was able to convert skeptics into loyal customers with first-class services and support through coaching guidance, encouragement, and reminder calls.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented an effective diversity training program for student-athletes.
- Provided support to the host of events held at my school, including half-time entertainment, pep rallies, and student-athlete awards.
- Aided in organizing team fundraisers that resulted in $20,000 for new uniforms.
- Consistently prepared paperwork properly to ensure athlete eligibility.
- Was instrumental in the writing of various athletic policies and procedures; served as a member of the Athletic Training Advisory Committee.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 10
- Received Outstanding Performance Award from members of the exercise staff. Well-respected by the senior management team.
- Handled a wide range of medical care issues, including low back pain, shoulder injuries, and knee injuries.
- Demonstrated a high level of expertise in a variety of first aid and CPR techniques as well as first aid administration, including airway management and assessing for medical emergencies.
- Managed cardiac emergencies with confidence; successfully treated an elderly patient with severe anaphylactic shock due to food allergies; made medical decisions based on guidelines set by athletic association training guidelines for nursing staff.
- Received excellent quality award; recognized for outstanding customer service and ability to handle challenging situations; received Outstanding Performance Award from the regional supervisor; served as a representative for the company at health and wellness expos.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 11
- Provided hot and cold treatments to clients with musculoskeletal injuries.
- Checked significant injury symptoms during treatment.
- Collaborated with physicians to provide cost-effective medical treatment.
- Recognized for customer service excellence; consistently received positive comments on my professionalism and attitude.
- Meet training goals annually; provided six months of training for numerous clients, including NY Giants wide receiver, Brandon Collins.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 12
- Consistently upholds the quality of service provided to members.
- Strives to meet the demands of an ever-increasing clientele; manages performance levels for all employees.
- Promote athletic training as a career option; assist in developing new program offerings geared toward attracting new members.
- Involved in community outreach programs designed to raise awareness about the importance of physical fitness and proper nutrition through talks, seminars, and hands-on workshops.
- Actively monitored member satisfaction levels with regard to completing paperwork, scheduling appointments, emergency care for injuries, and general care at the facility.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 13
- Avoided injuries caused by neglecting proper self-help measures; revived a client who had fallen into a coma.
- Initiated patient education to patients suffering from diabetic ulcers; assisted the physician in discovering the predisposing factors that predispose diabetics to ulcers.
- Trained the client’s executive staff, physicians, and nurses in methods of preventing heat exhaustion.
- Helped establish a “no miss” chain of command for controlling the company’s injury liability for employees.
- Adopted an aggressive policy of triaging clients’ injuries at the first level of care to reduce multiple accounts being processed at once.
Athletic Trainer Resume Sample 14
- Played college basketball for 5 years while earning 3 scholarships. Mentored teammates to award-winning seasons.
- Coached high school basketball team to three consecutive state championships. Coach of the year in 11 counties.
- Led youth program, “Ambassadors of the Game,” who went on to win the regional tournament. Received coaching awards.
- Active in community service; volunteered at the county food bank, homeless shelter, and teen pregnancy prevention program.
To work as an Athletic Trainer, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training and valid state certification. Athletic Trainers should demonstrate first-aid certification, knowledge of sports injuries and proper nutrition, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and knowledge of equipment and physical therapy techniques.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.