These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Building Inspector resumes for your reference.
- Gained experience in blueprint reading, as well as preparation of maps and plans.
- Over-sighted construction projects and supervision of the construction team throughout the entire process.
- Handled cost-of-materials estimations, report and document tracking, project documentation, on-site project visits, invoice/agreement verification.
- Performed daily inspections of civil works, kept Building construction Diary.
- Inspect existing buildings and premises for change of use, occupancy or compliance with applicable codes and ordinances; work with the public to ensure structures are safe and ready for occupancy.
- Examine building plans, specifications, and evaluates technical reports to ensure compliance with the City of Baghdad Codes, regulations and bylaws, issues required permits.
- Approve building plans and signs permits as to ensure conformance with building code regulations; witnessed and interpreted tests such as smoke control, fire alarm systems, etc. to evaluate as to compliance with regulations.
- Investigate complaints to determine general condition and compliance of dwellings, premises, non-dwelling structures and vacant lands with Building Codes.
- Residential plan review and inspection of residential and commercial projects for compliance with city adopted zoning, structural, electrical and mechanical codes.
- Provided code interpretations and equivalency evaluations for complex projects.
- Experienced with applying regulations and guidelines of state and federal agencies relative to a city’s building inspection requirements.
- Proficient in providing customer service to citizens, contractors and other construction professionals.
- Providing Independent third party building inspection services of residential, commercial, and or industrial properties to private customers, construction, and development, and banking, lending, insurance, litigation and or government entities.
- Interacted with architects, engineers and mechanical engineers to ensure compliance pre-build.
- Maintained inspection records and prepared reports for use by senior management.
- Visited project sites during construction to monitor progress and adherence to design specifications.
- Estimated quantities and cost of materials, equipment and labor to determine project feasibility.
- Reviewed calculations and analytical data to maintain accuracy in projects.
- Reads and interprets adopted codes, technical manuals, drawings and instruction specifications as related to construction projects.
- Clearly notifies contractor of code violations with written compliance report at the time of inspection.
- Works with the public at the permit counter and on the phone to answer basic code questions.
- May check that all required special inspections are performed and reviewed for completeness.
- Works with the computer to schedule inspections and update computer with results of inspections performed.
- Project coordination of construction and inspection services.
- Quality assurance consultant for HISD, involved with ground-up/renovation construction of HISD schools.
- Assure quality of work within structural, electrical, & mechanical installation processes.
- Documentation of daily construction completed & baseline schedule adherence.
- Oversee field construction of contractors for renovation and new projects of both commercial and residential.
- Inspect for contract compliance, quality, quantity, workmanship and construction methods.
- Review project documents for code compliance, permitting and professional engineered plans prior to construction.
- Review, interpret and communicate plans, specifications and construction policies.
- Provide quality residential/commercial inspections based on City ordinances and the International Code Council (ICC) International Residential and Building Codes.
- Create the inspection schedule daily for multiple employees.
- Provide quality customer service for citizens and builders.
- Provide accurate code related answers and provide supporting documentation to citizens and builders.
- Work as a liaison for the city with business and home owners to resolve any issues during the plan review process.
- Assist business and home owners with questions and information that are addressed through the codes and city ordinances.
- Perform plan review on Commercial and residential properties.
- Perform Inspections on electrical, plumbing, and mechanical components on commercial and residential properties.
- Confer with architects, contractors, builders, and general public in the field and office; explain and interpret requirements and restrictions.
- Examine plans and specifications of new construction, additions, and alterations to residential, commercial, and industrial buildings to determine compliance with the provisions of the construction codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Inspect existing buildings for change of use or occupancy for compliance with applicable codes and ordinances.
- Enforced the International Building Code, Ohio Building Code, Ohio Mechanical Code and County building codes.
- Performed on-site inspections of residential new construction, renovation and structural building activities.
- Read specifications and blueprints, evaluated site work and ensured projects were completed in accordance with approved plans.
- Inspected soil, structure, fire safety factors, footings, framing, insulation, ventilation, etc.