Companies typically have a great deal of resources and information that needs to be tracked at any given time, and one of the ways they do so is with databases that hold the names and other such bits of information they need to know. An SQL programmer helps to make sure the program that allows easy communication and access to these databases is up and running.
How to Become a Successful SQL Programmer?
- A background in coding and technology is more important to employers than any specific level of education, but they will still typically want some kind of degree or certification to show you have a well rounded grasp of the material. A certificate class will do if you have experience, but a bachelor’s will be needed if you’re starting new.
- Being hired will typically begin with a training period where more experience employees will show you the ins and outs of the programs set up by the company, and paying careful attention during this period will help you better understand what will be required of you once you start working on your own.
- Being a programmer always requires a very close attention to detail, as coding is a language where even a single letter or symbol put in incorrectly can throw everything off and create considerable work for you down the line. Making sure everything is accurate on the first try will make far less work for you later.
As the programming language in question is based around databases, one of the best ways to ensure that you’re succeeding at what you do is ensuring that all information can be retrieved as desired and is accurate. Being thorough and testing this often will make it much easier to find errors ahead of schedule.
The Best SQL Programmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Programmer resumes for your reference.
- Designed and maintained professional report generation program using VB 6, Access 2000, ActiveX, ADO, MS Query, OOP, ODBC, and SQL 7 in a client-server environment.
- Automated and interfaced MS Outlook with Excel and Access using Excel VBA.
- Trained employees on all levels in the use of customized software.
- Designed and implemented spend reporting solution (ASP.NET/MS SQL 2000) to provide upper management with user-customizable reports based on detailed Accounts Payable/General Ledger data.
- Participated in decision-making processed on projects goals, timeline and milestones.
- Produced technical documentation, system design documents, technical specifications, CBT and user manuals features.
- Developed and tested SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) programs to extract, transform and load data from legacy Asset Management systems into multiple versions of Remedy running on Oracle.
- Created and packaged documents for releasing the SSIS packages to the Deployment team, which included Design, Test Strategy, Installation and Configuration, and Execution documents.
- Collaborated with global teams to gather requirements, determine which data fields to migrate, map fields between the systems and transform the data to meet the new system requirements.
- Performed various database programming tasks such as creation of views, stored procedures, and user functions on Microsoft SQL server using T-SQL.
- Modified XSLT for use with SAP Business One Mobile integration scenarios.
- Lead sugarCRM implementations and training for new customers.
- Developed web based application for Next Generation of Single Family Default Monitoring system (SFDMS) for reporting delinquent and default loans to HUD.
- Designed, Developed and Unit tested SSIS interface to extract data from universal data source (ODS) and Load Next Gen server with various transformations.
- Coding of complex Store Procedures (SP’s), Views and User Defined function (UDF’s) based on business requirements for reporting applications.
- Developed an Internal Rule engine to simulate the exceptions that are triggered at external agencies.
- Modified PL/SQL procedures shell scripts previously run weekly to run daily.
- By restructuring the queries and optimizing the SQL, was able to cut the run time by 80%.
- Created tables and process to produce customer contact lists based on customer activity and outstanding transactions to be used by the stores during promotions and sales events at each store.
- Wrote procedures to identify customers with open items such as loans or layaways and load into tables to be used by queries to produce contact lists as stores relocated or closed.
- Developed queries and shell scripts to produce files containing store metrics and transfer them to the cloud for field management teams allowing them to view daily performance data on their mobile devices.
- Expertise in BI applications reporting tool SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) and SQL Server integration services (SSIS) and Pervasive Data Integrator (V.10).
- Created queries with Inner Join, Outer Join, left join, right join and Co-Related sub-query with Mathematical function, Aggregate function.
- Extensively used Joins, sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column and Slowly Changing Transformation which were used for Data validation checks during Staging.
- Developed back end database stored procedures application for resources planning and daily Transaction using SSRS.
- Developed back end 2005 SQL Server Database using Stored Procedures, Triggers, Transact SQL, Views and Queries.
- Developed application named RBA (Role Based Access) for Upstream and Downstream oil drilling using SSRS.
- Coordinates with other IT departments to ensure implementation and monitoring of reports.
- Analyzed the client requirement of calculating the distribution losses and CVR losses of different customers.
- Developed a data warehouse project for loss calculations by merging meter and substation data from different oracle, MS SQL sources and flat files.
- Analyze gaps in the SQL database and report to client to maintain data integrity.
- Created complex queries based on weighted averages to approximate the customer usages in MS SQL 2016.
- Responsible for supporting large SQL Server reporting and analytical environment.
- Work on small to large projects and provide project documentation.
- Build ETL processes, stored procedures and sql jobs in a SQL Server database environment.
- Manage and protect data and data management principles (metadata, data mapping, data classification, data provisioning, etc).
- Write advanced SQL scripts and stored procedures and conduct query performance tuning.
- Develop and maintain SSRS reports on report server and web application.
- Work with business stakeholders on data modeling and system design.
- Manage data loading, troubleshoot issues and revise SSIS packages accordingly.
- Act as junior DBA, monitor daily Databases backup and restoration on multiple servers.
- Develop procedures to improve EDI system performance and provide feedback to the business when data issues arise.
- Support regional teams to ensure all pharmacy and facility data are complete and accurate.
- Monitor data transfers from multiple sources for timely processing on a daily basis.
- Create data pulls used for downloading into Excel for Pivot table trending analysis.
- Develop SQL code for work requests submitted by the business for analysis, reporting and data maintenance.