UI Designers work with UX Designers to create intuitive and functional user interfaces for software and electronic devices. Their duties include collaborating with product managers and engineers, gathering and evaluating user requirement data, designing graphic user interface elements, creating and improving prototypes, presenting and defending design decisions, and actively engaging in the promotion of the product’s attractiveness and convenience.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best User Interface Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real User Interface Designer resumes for your reference.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 1
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver.
- Developed a consistent look-and-feel for all brand communications such as web sites, print pieces, video, and presentations.
- Collaborated with technical teams to develop Web UI prototypes.
- Enhanced product development team’s work by designing wireframes and collaborating on design implementation.
- Pioneered new responsive mobile design concepts that helped drive dramatic 25% increase in sales conversion rate across all target markets. Awarded company best developer/designer award for three years running due to consistent quality output and dedication.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 2
- Developed, implemented and managed user interface design standards for websites and web applications.
- Implemented usability testing tools such as “A/B testing” and “web analytics”. The A/B testing allowed us to compare different approaches (color, layout, messaging etc.) in order to determine which one is best for increasing conversions which made it easier for management to make data driven decisions about website development rather than relying solely on opinions or gut feelings. Web Analytics was used so that we could measure the impact our enhancements had on customer behavior.
- Designed advertisement banners for www.shoplet.com top 100 pages to improve CTR by 18% using color psychology, proper font styles, contrast and layout techniques.
- Conceptualized original ideas for website revisions / new website design, creating mood boards with the help of graphic designers, and presenting them to clients.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 3
- Worked with user interface design team to create an immediate solution for redesigning the company’s portal site.
- Collaborated on team to design, build, and launch a major update of e-commerce website; recognized by management for creativity and productivity.
- Chaired design review team which identified improvements in creative user interface designs for web applications.
- Developed UI style guide that inspired usability best practices across teams; provided guidance to project managers on how to effectively document workflow.
- Received company President’s excellence award; led UI conceptualization process resulting in successful launch of product line targeted at emerging markets.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 4
- Designed and redesigned user interfaces for web and desktop systems. Allowed customers to successfully transact online banking transactions, allowing them access to their accounts at any time of day or night.
- Reduced training time needed by 50% through the elimination of excess data entry steps, resulting in a more efficient method for updating loan rates and repayment plans.
- Improved usability, aesthetics, and overall design appearance of Electronic Payment System (EPS) portal by building wireframes for new site section using Adobe Fireworks software to maintain consistency across multiple platforms including mobile devices.
- New media project lead responsible for integrating video and audio into product demonstration videos that helped increase sales leads and increase customer upsell opportunities.
- Reduced training time by 50% and developed a cross-platform user interface for CMS system.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 5
- Designs high-fidelity, usable interfaces through sketching and prototyping.
- Creates interactive design mockups to communicate interaction flow and behavior.
- Delivers UI specifications that detail the functional performance of the user interface.
- Conducts user tests on wireframes, prototypes, and finished designs to identify usability issues; recommends solutions.
- Developed an animation tool for under $50 that significantly speeds up early product development; recognized by management as a top performer after it was adopted company-wide.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 6
- Designed user interface for a full suite of software from the ground up using both vector-based and raster graphics.
- Developed wireframes, flowcharts, storyboards, documentation, and workflows for all phases of user interface design projects.
- Provided usability testing analysis to optimize designs to meet user needs and business goals.
- Spearheaded four releases to launch a successful product in a tight window at a major corporation’s global headquarters.
- Helped coordinate work efforts among company sites across the world to deliver best-in-class financial application on time and under budget.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 7
- Designed novel interfaces for mobile devices, simplifying the user experience and making complex applications simple to operate.
- Implemented interactions that allowed users to control game characters, manipulating game items via drag-and-drop gestures.
- Contributed to toy development; created visual effects, programmed interactive environments which made mobile games more engaging for children.
- Devised a unique way of displaying application data using real-time hero animations on an Android tablet device.
- Optimized designs by implementing product mockups as part of a high priority project at a Fortune 500 client site.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 8
- Collaborated with users, project managers, and other designers to create a user-friendly interface design for 4G LTE service.
- Developed a new tool that allowed remote assistance sessions to take place between different networks. The network administration team was pleased with the improvement in their work efficiency.
- Created prototype designs for an e-commerce website navigation control system based on user feedback and extensive research about competitor websites. Prototype designs were approved by senior executives as being responsive, dynamic, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Ameliorated online banking experience through HTML5 web development culture resulting in streamlined login process from smart phone devices which increased users’ convenience by more than 10%.
- Designed satellite-inspired augmented reality mobile app to allow users to explore new planets.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 9
- Provided excellent customer support by responding to customer inquiries, resolving problems, and implementing product enhancements.
- Designed innovative web-based U/I for secure eCommerce application. Developed flowcharts, wireframes, core designs, and storyboards demonstrating proposed functionality.
- Improved overall productivity by optimizing the use of software development kits (SDKs), integrating third party applications with product features, and developing automated build scripts that helped save at least 30% of time required to complete a task.
- Recognized as a core designer for excellence in user interface design; completed 8 different projects along with developers under tight deadlines while adhering to company standards and guidelines.
User Interface Designer Resume Sample 10
- Interned with local multimedia company to help launch electronic game in cyber café.
- Created color-coded wireframes, user flow diagrams, and UI diagrams for an ecommerce website project.
- Collaborated with team of developers to implement functional solutions based on high-level design concepts into full production.
- As the lead UI designer at startup gaming company focused on mobile games for Android and IOS, empowered team with innovative graphic designs and animations.
- Transformed game experience by visually enhancing game characters, weapons, backgrounds with polished visual effects after completing two months of motion graphics training.
To work as one, this job requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web development, graphic design, software engineering, or a related field. UI Designers must demonstrate knowledge on how to use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, grid systems, and user flows, be experienced in coding, typography, color theory, animation, visual hierarchy, and be team players, problem-solvers, and flexible.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.