A Fire Inspector inspects buildings to identify fire hazards and ensure that all fire codes are being followed. Their duties include determining the origin of fires, planning inspections, conducting inspections, ensuring fire codes are being followed, attending to code violations that are reported, and issuing citations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fire Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fire Inspector resumes for your reference.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Supervised construction projects for $40 million, $40 million, $15 million, and $17 million.
- Correctly measured the depth of foundations, gas lines, electrical outlets, circuit breakers to prevent fire hazards.
- Disposed of hazardous waste by finding proper carriers to dispose of glass bottles, aerosol cans, etc.
- Found violations in rented spaces; ordered repairs; replaced unsafe gas stoves; replaced all electrical switches; replaced smoke detectors; secured fire extinguishers.
- Performed fire safety checks at all sites inspected or inspected by my activities at least five times a year.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Completed four inspections of completed dwelling units and reported findings to the appropriate agencies for follow-up.
- Utilized extensive knowledge and skills to complete a detailed and objective inspection, documenting deficiencies and items needed correction.
- Updated records; using experience and training, gained insight into technical operations of work place operations.
- Reviewed construction drawings, applied conditions to the work site, and obtained permits for construction activities.
- Inspected work areas twice weekly; completed inspection reports that met internal guidelines for timeliness; provided feedback on issues that were not addressed by inspectors prior to arrival.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Wrote and defended reports on fire and security risks to the human body; submitted documentation to insurance companies; and taught fire safety classes to children.
- Investigated all aspects of a building’s history, from foundation to structure.
- Identified, developed, and recommended improvements for fire prevention codes throughout the country.
- Developed a method of statewide fire department training that emphasized saving lives rather than property damage.
- Recognized as a professional leader in the field of fire prevention through his contributions, support, and achievements.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Investigated, inspected, and reported hazardous conditions in commercial buildings and residences.
- Assisted in the establishment of a fire company after a strike by firefighters.
- Inspected the safety of a waterfall near a residential house, specifically following instructions from an expert who did not want anyone to get hurt.
- Performed search and rescue operations for endangered children after their parents were lost during an earthquake.
- Inspected wood shops for specific fire hazards, corrected conditions where necessary, and improved safety standards through inspections within specific industries.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Inspected over 30 businesses, hotels, and homes per month consistently to ensure conformance with fire codes.
- Conferred with construction workers, owners, and occupants to ensure properties were kept free of hazards.
- Observed fire drill procedures at elementary schools; provided invaluable feedback for instructors regarding safety issues.
- Proactively engaged in outreach efforts across the community to fight fire safety through public awareness programs.
- Efficiently prioritized assignments for maximum effectiveness in deterring fires according to structure size and materials used.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Inspected, evaluated, and signed off on new building construction.
- Reviewed blueprints and actual construction to complete a thorough inspection of a new commercial mall.
- Investigated electrical emergencies on homes and businesses.
- Examined municipal setting standards to determine if homes were placed above or below standards for basic safety of inhabitants during fires.
- Developed new inspection methods for residential home construction after determining methods used by other inspectors were inadequate.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Troubled fire site investigations within the jurisdiction of the San Francisco Fire Department for better than 7 years.
- Participated in numerous fire prevention inspections during which, judged improvements in areas identified as deficient, defective, unsafe, or dangerous.
- Drafted reports to assist in training classes and instructing the required annual refresher certificates for structural protection systems amongst San Francisco Fire Prevention Inspectors.
- Drafted reports for Fire Marshal training classes which included corrective action lists & photos of structural deficiencies.
- Communicated regularly with all San Francisco City departments involved in matters of fire protection regulation and inspectors; developed new relationships with other departments.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Trained to inspect structural building codes, fire extinguishers, sprinklers, fire alarm systems to ensure safety of public buildings.
- Inspected buildings, vehicles to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Processed certification to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations for over 100 commercial buildings including hotels, restaurants, office buildings.
- Maintained results of inspections through computerized office management software; processed over 6 million feet of footage for various city departments.
- Supervised seventeen (17) employees; managed records to identify areas requiring improved performance while providing direction to improve customer service.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Served as the “Man on the Floor”, inspecting and measuring contracted construction materials and adhering to all city and state codes.
- Used logic, reasoning, and reliable knowledge of fire detection tools to determine what constitutes a fire hazard.
- Performed duties as an arson investigator; practiced thorough investigation techniques such as interviewing, evidence gathering, and crime scene processing.
- Conducted Doppler radar gun training to eleven Firefighters; utilized radar guns for enforcement of speed limits during non-emergency situations.
- Testified in court as an expert witness relating to health and safety issues exhibited after a structure was damaged by fire.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Evaluated schools, public buildings, hospitals, and other facilities for fire safety requirements.
- Conducted independent tests on fire alarm, emergency lighting, smoke detection/control systems, sprinkler systems, doors, and windows.
- Inspected local businesses for proper fire protection equipment.
- Speaking in front of large audiences about the importance of fire safety.
- Certified by the International Association of Fire Inspectors.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Developed a program to increase fire safety awareness for local workers.
- Evaluated training, tactics, and equipment of Fire Department personnel.
- Assessed fire hydrants with respect to city specifications.
- Erected, maintained, and inspected fire hydrants that maintained city specifications.
- Investigated faulty hydrants that may have affected fire safety in the City.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 12
- Conducted original inspections, modifications, and repairs for over 1,000 building systems including boilers, fire alarms, sprinklers, fire sprinkler heads, sprinkler heads, fire doors, smoke detectors, etc.
- Performed over 100 emergency hazmat spills to comply with the NFPA 910/AIMS 9000 quality standards. Performed emergency hazmat dives to retrieve critical equipment.
- Identified the cause of many highly destructive fires to include over 120 house fires in 4 states within a 5 year period.
- Educationally updated on construction codes by area architect practice owners.
- Mentored new inspectors on quality assurance techniques and fire prevention measures.
Fire Inspector Resume Sample 13
- Conducted home inspections of structures, utilities, and common areas of manufactured homes for cost containment.
- Replaced gas appliances, water heaters, and installed upgraded electrical equipment on homes; identified existing code violations; remediated improper workmanship; and corrected deficiencies.
- Performed fire hazard damage assessment on properties.
- Performed engineering inspection of structures to determine compliance with building codes.
- Served as liaison between homeowner’s association, city government officials, and contractors regarding common area maintenance of manufactured homes.
To become a Fire Inspector, you need a high school diploma, although many employers prefer candidates with an undergraduate degree and a certification from The National Fire Protection Association. A Fire Inspector must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent communication skills, must be analytical, must keep current with fire laws and codes, must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must have excellent judgment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.