Behavioral Therapists guide people with mental health disorders to building a healthy lifestyle. Their duties include providing services to children with autism, meeting the needs of clients’ families, following principles of ABA, training with clinical supervisors, keeping and presenting records of clients’ progress, implementing intervention plans, and maintaining records of work hours.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Behavioral Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Behavioral Therapist resumes for your reference.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Utilized cognitive and behavioral techniques to help patients decrease depression and anxiety.
- Aided three psychiatric inpatients in developing coping skills, improving interpersonal relationships, and reducing problematic behaviors.
- Trained eight individuals with autism to modify self-defeating behaviors and replace them with more appropriate alternatives.
- Emphasized cooperation and leadership learning while facilitating a group for adolescents who had experienced conflicts with law enforcement authorities.
- Enabled participants to reach their full potentials through goal-setting, positive reinforcement, and behavior modeling efforts.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Counseled and helped clients to overcome social anxiety, depression, grief, marital issues.
- Recognized as a driven professional by co-workers for ability to motivate others through coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Contributed countless volunteer hours to provide counsel and support for children with developmental disabilities.
- Developed successful therapeutic programs that led to the advancement of those suffering from mental retardation.
- Conducted group therapy sessions in order to maintain open communication between patients and encourage effective social interactions among peers.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Encourage client relationships as a relationship-based therapist, focusing on interpersonal skills and character reformation.
- Set up, conduct, and observe individual therapy for eight teen boys exhibiting downbeat temperaments.
- Promoted self-esteem and greater independence by designing a program of weekly exercises to reduce dependency on parents during first year of study.
- Assessed clients’ character development through group therapy sessions by participating in the entire process from beginning to end.
- Founded a scholarship fund that supplies financial assistance to children who require extensive mental health treatment but whose needs exceed insurance coverage limits.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Provided assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of clients in a community mental health center.
- Facilitated development of positive self-esteem, self-confidence, and motivation for clients through therapeutic intervention.
- Created personalized career-orientation plan to help individuals build specific job skills to meet individual needs.
- Spearheaded social skills group intervention program at a group home for residents ages 8–11 diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
- Led art therapy groups for adolescent girls in crisis at child guidance center; recognized by supervisor and peers for outstanding service and commitment to the client’s wellbeing.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Worked closely with parents to develop and implement a behavioral and educational plan in order to maximize the academic, social and emotional potential of children diagnosed with learning disabilities.
- Successfully completed one year training program at [name of school] for students who have been expelled from their home school; developed therapeutic intervention plans for this clientele.
- Provided individual therapy to 8 clients daily while implementing group therapy programs to patients with similar problems ensuring confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Created a non-verbal communication system which enabled a non-speaking autistic child to communicate through an alphabet chart consisting of 26 symbols representing each letter of the Alphabet, initial sound/object, action or verb.
- Delivered presentations to staff, students, and parents at local high schools regarding the role of mental health professionals in treating children.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Assessed, diagnosed, and treated children coping with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Formulated clinical treatment plans to help individuals cope with autism spectrum disorder.
- Authored the chapter “Behavioral Interventions” for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Clinician’s Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Worked as adjunct faculty member at two colleges of education where instructed future behavioral therapists on field work experience.
- Achieved certification by the Association for Behavior Analysis International after passing extensive written exam demonstrating expertise within area of behavior analysis.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Consistently met or exceeded my therapy case-load in number of completed therapy plans.
- Achieved a 100% success rate in reducing symptoms in eating disorders patients since 2009.
- Hired to lead Behavioral Therapy department after exemplary record of service for five years.
- Instructed and coached students to improve Behavioral Health Theory exam scores by 15%.
- Improved student health, attitude, behavior, and academics through individualized care and counseling sessions.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Utilized the client-centered therapy approach towards achieving therapeutic goals during regular sessions.
- Acted as a liaison between clients, their families, and other concerned parties to ensure effective communication regarding client progress.
- Maintained confidentiality throughout treatment process, including information involving diagnosis, prognosis, goals of care, treatment plan, case management planning presentations with family members or guardians.
- Assessed functional impairment in all areas affected by emotional disturbance; prescribed appropriate behavioral interventions for development achieved during course of therapy.
- Effectively coached parents on behavioral techniques that may be implemented at home to reinforce key learning points from session-based teaching strategies.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Performed mental health assessments to determine eligibility for services.
- Developed individual service plans and goals with assigned patients, including specific objectives for behavior change and activities of daily living.
- Encouraged behavioral progress through positive reinforcement, redirection from challenging behaviors, and modeled appropriate responses.
- Provided support and guidance to the family members of a patient during a hospitalization after observing troubling changes in their sibling’s behavior.
- Assessed risk factors associated with depression using the Beck Depression Inventory II; developed therapeutic interventions based upon evaluation results.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 10
- Designed and implemented individual, family, and group therapy sessions for adolescent girls who had experienced sexual assault.
- Trained two interns in the treatment of children by conducting case conferences, supervising practicum students on assigned cases, and overseeing weekly child therapy groups.
- Developed culturally sensitive treatment plans that effectively addressed African-American juvenile offenders’ mental health needs.
- Evaluated program effectiveness by collecting data to identify patterns related to delinquency prevention via therapeutic intervention.
- Provided guidance and support during crisis situations by answering crisis hotline calls; qualified as a volunteer emergency responder with advanced first aid training by the American Red Cross.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 11
- Designed and implemented treatment programs, including individualized medication management, for patients with mental illness.
- Promoted patient’s positive growth by promoting family involvement in the therapeutic process.
- Trained professionals on how to apply appropriate therapeutic interventions through lectures and workshops at various seminars.
- Experienced therapist who guided clients toward achieving their goals of independence through goal setting activities.
- Effectively communicated with physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers, families/caregivers, community agencies, courts/officials to ensure that medical needs are met.
Behavioral Therapist Resume Sample 12
- Provided therapy to mentally and physically disabled children in a group setting.
- Trained and supervised therapists, technicians, and assistants per company policy.
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; maintained high level of integrity in interactions with patients and staff.
- Earned praise from parents and guardians in recognition of commitment to optimum therapeutic care in providing the highest quality of service possible.
- Conceptualized theory that interpreted therapist-patient relationships within an ecological/systems framework; advanced knowledge about human behavior.
To work as a Behavioral Therapist, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field and then complete a relevant graduate program. You must be energetic, creative, detail-oriented, flexible with changing work and counseling environments, independent, confidential, show good judgement, people skills, and the ability to accept guidance.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.