Pantry Chefs are responsible for preparing cold plates such as salads, cold appetizers, and chilled soups. Their duties include washing and chopping vegetables and fruits, following recipes, preparing cold dishes, garnishing the dishes, ensuring the work area is clean, keeping up with the latest culinary techniques, and following health safety procedures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pantry Chef Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pantry Chef resumes for your reference.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 1
- Created new menu items that decreased food costs and increased sales for-profit center.
- Expertly handled kitchen during large banquets; streamlined workflow, streamlined production to meet the heavy demand of meal preparation.
- Managed kitchen staff of 9 cooks during lunchtime; creating a smooth line throughout the lunch rush to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Received recognition for excellent teamwork from Executive Chef, Chef Manager, and fellow co-workers after successfully completing a restaurant remodel project. Expanded job duties as needed with ease and fulfilled any task assigned without question or hesitation.
- Planned holiday meals weeks in advance to ensure no disruptions in services due to lack of ingredients or supplies; communicated successfully with management to ensure holiday meals were available despite unexpected shortages.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 2
- Prepared fresh soups, sauces, and dressings by using a scratch recipe to meet the dietary specifications of patrons.
- Achieved at least a 93% accuracy rate when taking inventory to ensure that ingredients are available for scheduled menu items.
- Collaborated with other kitchen staff members in order to achieve production goals.
- Supervised and trained an inexperienced cook in all assigned duties.
- Served as liaison between the food service team and non-food service management to develop new ideas, plans, and policies.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 3
- Prepared food for over 120 people daily; every plate must be flawless.
- Learned to cook many dishes in Chinese, Thai, and Indian cuisine; served special orders upon request.
- Successfully led mass preparation of daily menus consisting of seasonal entrees, soups, breads, gluten-free options, appetizers, salads, desserts, dressings/condiments in less than 1 hour during rush hours.
- Initiated four new menu items based on market research and consumer demand; even one dish was named the best item on the menu at quarterly sales meetings.
- Received $250 bonus for helping increase restaurant profits during 2012 holiday season by increasing customer satisfaction with increased sales, product selection, and improved quality.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 4
- Cooked over 150 meals daily providing six choices of entrées, three soups and two salad choices.
- Prepared and served 1,000 to 2,500 guests at banquets and dinners; responsible for all food preparation.
- Conducted interviews for new hires ensuring efficient mentoring to help employees advance their careers.
- Gained recognition as a team player through positive attitude and strong work ethic; offered ideas to improve operational effectiveness.
- Developed relationships with wholesale suppliers increasing customer service satisfaction and lessening product shortages.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 5
- Prepared and served over 300 breakfasts and dinners to patrons and visitors at a resort hotel.
- Received positive reviews from chefs, guests, and managers for excellent food, responsiveness to demands of customers, and service with a smile.
- Planned menus that satisfied the nutritional requirements of high-risk patients during an extended hospital stay.
- AteWell Award – Conscientious food server who takes pride in personal appearance; always ensures freshness, quality, sanitation & accuracy in all aspects of work by following established guidelines.
- Received praises for actively participating in the development process of new menus based on customer preferences discovered through surveys.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 6
- Managed operations of two pantry stations, including set-up, cooking, and finishing.
- Introduced new menu items to increase profits; increased revenue by 6%.
- Collaborated with corporate chef to develop recipes for new restaurant launch.
- Received recognition as Employee of the Month for demonstrating exceptional customer service during regulatory audits.
- Recognized for quick learning ability during product training seminars that enabled smooth entry into managerial positions.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 7
- Prepared customized salads based on health and wellness needs of customers.
- Streamlined kitchen organization by relocating goods closer to prep area for increased efficiency; recognized by management staff.
- Reduced cooking time for all dishes by 25% while maintaining customer satisfaction; noted by entire restaurant’s staff.
- Achieved award nomination as Employee of the Year; praised throughout the company for exceptional service.
- Pioneered new dish recipes, including BBQ Glazed Salmon with Caramelized Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Brussels Sprouts, winning first place at local cooking competition.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 8
- Prepared and served over 1000 meals per week.
- Achieved a 7 point safety record; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Received certification as a Le Cordon Bleu culinary arts professional; successfully completed training at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Culinary Academy.
- Earned customer appreciation award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had dined at the restaurant.
- Promoted to Sous Chef within one year of employment.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 9
- Successfully lead team of three in the production of food for over 100 patrons.
- Received several awards from guests, peers, and family members for culinary creativity.
- Excelled in healthy cooking styles by utilizing combination of herbs and spices to enhance flavor while reducing the use of sodium.
- Advanced understanding of menu design, cost control analysis, preparation process, and sanitation regulations.
- Consistently received positive feedback from guests on their dining experience while working at this particular restaurant.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 10
- Prepared food for up to 1,000 people per day including daily specials, pantry items, and desserts.
- Strategically planned menus by understanding food rotation policies to maximize operating efficiencies within the kitchen and stock room.
- Eliminated waste and produced higher quality meals after implementing portion control systems.
- Optimized family meal budgeting by reducing costs through purchasing strategies and improved inventory management processes.
- Achieved cost savings of $10 per dish by consolidating accouterments such as plates, serving spoons, and tongs.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 11
- Retrieved full dollar amount from customers’ tips as an individual and shared with fellow servers for assistance in covering house expenses.
- Inventively assisted management in implementing a new menu item that became an instant success.
- Promoted to Pantry Chef II for outstanding performance; developed original recipes, including the preparation of high-end menus, which contributed to a 40% increase in overall revenue.
- Received commendation from President’s Club award conference committee after attaining company goals 15 weeks before the deadline.
- Redefined multiple tasks related to restaurant operation by creating a list of recommended changes that were later implemented by a consulting firm.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 12
- Prepared an extensive variety of international dishes for patrons, co-workers, and food critics.
- Partnered with management to improve ingredients, storage equipment, and standard recipes.
- Cultivated menus appropriate for different seasons, occasions, tastes, cultures, preferences, dietary requirements/restrictions/preferences.
- Wowed patrons by making healthy alternatives delicious through the use of fresh produce obtained from local farmers markets.
- Pioneered recipe ideas to incorporate exotic spices into classic comfort foods through research on national chefs’ websites.
Pantry Chef Resume Sample 13
- Mastered all pantry stations and produced exceptional results, as demonstrated by positive comments from staff.
- Disciplined self to ensure satisfaction of special dietary requests for patients and visitors.
- Completed the hotel’s Special Diets Cookbook; guests requested personal copies of recipes that I had created.
- Chosen as a favorite employee by management staff and hotel clients because of commitment to excellence and enthusiasm toward work and life.
- Received awards for culinary excellence in cakes and chocolate desserts, despite not having any formal training or education in pastry arts.
To work as a Pantry Chef, you need to have an associate or bachelor’s degree in culinary arts. Pantry Chefs must have culinary expertise, knife and tasting skills, organizational skills, communication skills, must be able to work well with the team, handle criticism, and have a passion for cooking.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pantry Chef Resume Samples
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 1
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 2
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 3
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 4
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 5
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 6
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 7
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 8
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 9
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 10
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 11
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 12
- Pantry Chef Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up