Meat Wrappers are responsible for cutting, processing, and wrapping meats in a deli or butcher shop. Their duties include using saws and grinders to grind meat, using scales to weigh out portions, placing the meat in stock, keeping an inventory of meat and order meat, supplying, receiving, inspecting, and storing meat upon delivery, and cleaning equipment and work areas.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Meat Wrapper Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Meat Wrapper resumes for your reference.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 1
- Prepared and wrapped various types of meat according to provided instructions.
- Assisted in optimizing inventory levels by ensuring that meats were portioned and labeled appropriately.
- Aided meat departments with pricing information; ensured all prices were correct and showed signs of price changes.
- Established and maintained a safe working environment during daily operations; adhered to company safety standards, health policies, and procedures.
- Appraised current work methods for improvement opportunities; performed other duties as required or assigned.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 2
- Combined, wrapped, and weighed meats to exact portions.
- Identified expiration dates on all products being sent out to customers.
- Narrowed down several job offers by receiving the best offer based on the most appealing working hours.
- Doubled productivity by organizing team members to work more efficiently; recognized with Employee of the Month award two months in a row.
- Covered for senior coworkers when necessary; proved capable of handling any given task thrown at them.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 3
- Accomplished and maintained daily, monthly and yearly sales quotas.
- Recommended new product offerings to the K-Mart buyers based on market trends and customer preferences.
- Resolved any issues or concerns with customers or employees in a timely manner following company procedures and guidelines.
- Monitored adherance to food handling safety regulations as it related to date marking, storage temperatures, corresponding temperatures of other products, expiration dates and rotation of meats throughout the store for correct display placement.
- Promoted from Meat Wrapper I to Meat Wrapper II within 1 year; responsible for meeting strict production goals.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 4
- Successfully maintained meat section of the store with accuracy and speed for up to 10 hours, rotating stock appropriately.
- Maintained cold storage by keeping environment at appropriate temperatures; checked equipment frequently during shift.
- Performed job duties in a safe manner according to company safety guidelines, reporting potentially hazardous conditions immediately to manager.
- Stepped into managerial role after manager left on maternity leave, maintaining store productivity without sacrificing quality or customer satisfaction.
- Designed new system for organizing the meat department that increased efficiency by over 25%.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 5
- Represented the company as a leader in meat merchandising and customer satisfaction.
- Wrapped steaks, pork chops, ribs, 3-4 lb roasts from 45 lb hanging weight to final weight of 22 lbs for sale at retail level.
- Sold more than $450 of product daily; recognized by Assistant Manager for excellent performance.
- Designed new branding on product that increased sales 12% during a limited time promotion.
- Provided superb service on first-time customers by checking identification and selecting the best cuts of meats available.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 6
- Trained new meat wrappers in the correct procedures for weighing and labeling meats, placing on skids, and measuring out specified quantities of meats.
- Provided quality customer service by helping customers find their desired products by accurately identifying specific items on a price list using a calculator.
- Recognized for providing excellent costumer service by maintaining a clean store front while performing heavy lifting.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had purchased fresh meat while recognized as employee of the month twice within three months period.
- Attributed to achieving quarterly sales goal by taking initiative to discover new product lines during my time off from work with an assignment to expand meat department.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 7
- Worked in fast-paced environment with excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Achieved an error rate of less than .0004%, making duties 98% efficient, resulting in reduction of labor expense for the company.
- Promoted to Head Meat Wrapper in only four months! Recognized by company executives for outstanding performance.
- Handled over 200 lbs/hour without manual assistance while maintaining an error rate less than .0001%.
- Received top pay increase by exceeding job expectations in all areas. This resulted in additional responsibilities including receiving, pricing, stocking, pricing meats at case ready prices for customers along with three other meat wrappers.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 8
- Ensured product quality and customer satisfaction by ensuring that all products were wrapped correctly using the correct weight, color, and labels.
- Promoted to acting supervisor after demonstrating excellent leadership skills throughout a large store remodel project.
- Self-motivated individual who successfully managed time along with multiple tasks of daily operations while serving as a Lead Worker on first shift for two years.
- Received department’s employee of the month award for going above and beyond in helping out with several store projects; greatly contributed to increased sales during this period.
- Recognized as an exceptional team player on numerous occasions for going over and above expectations. Trained 18 new hires that went on to become Lead Workers.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 9
- Ensure customer satisfaction while promoting store brand by building rapport with customers, answering questions, and offering advice.
- Increased sales of the store brand to over 50% of total store sales through promotions and recommendations.
- Achieved 100% on meat-cutting tests; highly skilled at using sharp knives.
- Cut multiple types of meat for large crowds; increased demand for cut meat due to high quality cuts and exactness in portioning.
- Prepared meats for sale according to health code standards, including proper food handling procedures (e.g., hand washing) and pest control (e.g., insect elimination).
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 10
- Built rapport with customers by greeting them and offering shopping advice.
- Aided customers in locating merchandise by scanning items for attributes or cross-referencing to daily sales flyers.
- Provided feedback on product details based on extensive experience with the meat department.
- Excitedly greeted shoppers at front entrance while simultaneously maintaining a clean, organized presentation of the meat case.
- Received numerous compliments from customers regarding personalized service and knowledgeable assistance.
Meat Wrapper Resume Sample 11
- Wrapped meat to ensure quality for customers at the grocery store.
- Increased productivity by 5% through hard work and dedication while being entrusted with greater responsibility.
- Achieved savings of over $18,000/year in materials costs by utilizing company approved hand tools to fasten shrink wrap.
- Assisted in product display development for new products including internal standards, guidelines, and workflow process; successfully implemented these standards across all production lines within 6 weeks to increase efficiency.
- Displayed advanced attention to detail by ensuring proper rotation of stock on store shelves; proved efficacious by increasing profit margins approximately 10%.
To work as a Meat Wrapper you must have a high school diploma and complete a USDA certification. Most butchers learn their skills through on-the-job training lasting more than a year. Meat Wrappers must demonstrate attention to detail, mental arithmetic, dexterity, safety conscious, hand-eye coordination, communication, good spatial awareness skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.