At retail locations everywhere, there are sales levels that need to be met for the store to be profitable, and a certain number of employees that need to be hired and trained so there are enough people to meet the needs of customers. A sales coordinator manages all of this and more to keep their location profitable.
How to Become a Successful Sales Coordinator?
There are no official education requirements, but most locations prefer experience to give you the necessary skills working in a retail location. Otherwise, a high school diploma or a GED will be sufficient for most employers, but an associate’s or a bachelor’s in sales or marketing would be a good boost.
Typically you will begin at an associate’s level while you learn the basics of the store and how it operates. It is in this position that you will learn how to assist customers and work on a team, as well as the basics of sales numbers and profits that you will need once you are experienced enough to become coordinator.
Once you become the coordinator you will be in charge of keeping track of employees and determining if new hires are needed. If so, you will interview, hire, and train all new employees and determine if more training is needed later. This will require good leadership skills, as well as mentorship.
Being active and vigilant of sales numbers will be important as well, as you will need to make sure you are always profiting. If not, you must determine the cause and fix it with creative problem solving, or even if sales are positive you can always work to try and raise them further by being hardworking.
The Best Sales Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Sales Coordinator resumes for your reference.
- Organized and managed logistics for the annual Petco Vendor Summit and other team events.
- Assisted as needed with Plan ‘O’ Gram work, including physical product and image resourcing.
- Responsible for distribution of weekly and monthly POS, Dot.com and various other reports.
- Managed and developed sales contracts with Caltrans and General Contractors.
- Led execution of construction projects; ensuring proper resource allocation and deadlines are within the contract guidelines.
- Applied for Government certification program and increased sales leads by 25%.
- Increased revenue 15% by focusing on certified government opportunities.
- Maintained excellent communication with customers, vendors and management to ensure all parties were updated on project progress.
- Planned all aspects of the organization’s national sales meetings, including rooming lists, meeting venues, social activities, logistics, and budget management.
- Assisted the head of sales with preparation of presentation materials and the master agenda and schedule.
- Prepared and distributed final meeting notes and action items.
- Ensure timely and accurate information (written and verbal) between managers and customers.
- Support sales managers by stepping in to provide information on the Hotels.
- Ensure resumes’ and rooming lists have all pertinent information and sent out in a timely matter.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with group contacts, meeting and event planners.
- Contacted customers for orders, add-ons, etc., processing orders through internal order entry systems.
- Phoned customers to highlight ongoing product promotions, providing opportunities to upsell/cross-sell slow-moving items, closeout items, and special buy items.
- Worked closely with Territory Managers to actively support customers and drive sales performance through regularly scheduled contact and suggestive, persuasive selling.
- Manage incoming orders and communicate with customer on necessary actions.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain daily reports for multiple projects.
- Coordinate with customer and internal departments on forecast, material planning, production planning and shipment.
- Manage order operation including issuing internal purchase orders, conversion orders, change orders, etc.
- Assisted sales managers and executive meeting managers with proposals, contracts, banquet event orders, deposits and small programs.
- Entered data in Delphi(hospitality software) for requests for proposals received through phone calls, online listings and emails.
- Delphi Systems Network Administrator – Maintain, update and expand client database in Delphi.
- Assisted managers prior and during site inspections by revising proposals, sales kits,and show rooms.
- Monitoring team’s progresses, acting as the primary customer contact for clients who have questions about their accounts or our products.
- Storing and sorting financial and non-financial data in electronic forms and present reports to sales directors weekly.
- Coordinating with sales team by managing due date schedules, preparing purchase orders, request for quotes and communicating relevant information.
- Weekly meeting for future innovations and expansion plans using pivot tables as a reference.
- Managed customer database with CRM software such as Query Builder and SQL.
- Monitors closely with team members, planning to monitor sales performance and to develop creative and strategic solutions.
- Assists in the sales process by helping prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs, educating them about how services and programs can meet their needs.
- Responds promptly to every telephone call or in-person inquiry from all referral sources, prospective residents, and families.
- Coordinates and completes all activities needed for the sale and converts deposits to move-ins.
- Ensuring that the required forms are completed by the prospect, his/her physician and family prior to move in.
- Coordinated & processed orders from start to finish, including scheduling deliveries & installs with both inhouse and ship-out dealerships.
- Monitored stock inventory levels and placed orders with the factory & vendors to ensure meeting projected upcoming sales.
- Arranged inbound & outbound freight appointments focused on meeting the customer’s deadlines.
- Processed payments and collected funds on delinquent accounts as well as processed vendor invoices for accounts payable.
- Handle a high volume of incoming calls assisting customers with product inquiries returns and placing orders.
- Researching and resolving customer complaints due to damaged products and or short orders.
- Work closely with heads of departments to ensure timely processing of orders.