A Certified Forklift Operator operates industrial equipment and manages warehouse transportation. Their duties include loading and unloading materials, taking inventory of warehouse equipment, inspecting vehicles and equipment for damage, scheduling maintenance and repairs, ensuring warehouse operation complies with safety management standards, and overseeing warehouse operations adhere to production schedules.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Certified Forklift Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Certified Forklift Operator resumes for your reference.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 1
- Performed forklift maintenance and upkeep for 15 trucks; made critical repairs and adjustments to prevent forklift accidents; ensured that all operating and safety procedures were followed.
- Participated in day-to-day operations of the forklift department, including prepping trucks for use, loading and unloading freight, receiving shipments from delivery truck, completing paperwork, and docking.
- Executed work orders to maintain sites according to company standards; met daily quotas in order to remain productive.
- Identified areas where improvements could be made with regard to productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Empowered workers by developing a positive attitude towards self-improvement through coaching and peer pressure.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 2
- Completed six months of on-the-job training in preparation for certification as a forklift operator.
- Recognized by employer for being the first operator to complete testing on a new warehouse transfer system.
- Earned praise from employer for being the first warehouse worker to be certified without any major on-the-job accidents or injuries.
- Met with success by providing high quality, cost efficient service to customer base through conscientious effort and precise execution of tasks.
- Provided safety training to new employees on safe operation of forklifts, loading docks, etc.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 3
- Assembled over 10,000 pallets; certified, experienced forklift operator.
- Acknowledged by peers as team leader; consistently assisted in training new employees to achieve quick learning curves.
- Improved work flow during significant increases in volume; safely handled rapid intake of product without loss of quality standards.
- Scheduled material handling equipment load/unload activities to meet business requirements.
- Reduced scrap rate by identifying and implementing process improvement measures to enhance manufacturing processes, eliminate defects, and improve quality control standards.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 4
- Certified in the operation of all types of lift trucks and fork lift equipment handling a variety of pallets and boxes.
- Skilled in loading and unloading using a variety of materials, including metal drums, crates, barrels, boxes, wood pallets, produce pallets, and plastic crates.
- Adept at all aspects of warehouse operation including safety techniques in forklift operations for storage/receiving areas.
- Proficient in the setup and operation of dual pallet jacks to move products within store departments.
- The Warehouse Manager’s Top Choice for filling customer orders based on employee work ethic despite limited experience in this company.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 5
- Completed a thirteen-week training program, attended 100% of class meetings, and passed state certified tests.
- Received praise from instructor for taking initiative to fix equipment to maintain fleet productivity.
- Invented a “Pinch Point” safety device that was implemented into production forklifts.
- Achieved recognition with the company President for saving company over $400,000 in equipment repair costs by finding a design flaw in the way certain pieces were manufactured.
- Involved the community by donating used forklifts to community organizations for their use along with my supervision and assistance.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 6
- Operated, maintained, and repaired forklifts and other material handling devices.
- Cleaned and oiled forklifts; replaced motors; replaced brakes; adjusted/adjusted tires.
- Updated forklift safety training manuals to meet OSHA standards.
- Inhabited cold storage rooms that required temperatures ranging from -20F to 90F to keep food products from spoiling.
- Maintained a daily log book for all work performed on a forklift used in a cold storage freezer room.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished forklift operator by completing certification through Industrial Training International.
- Achieved Operator of the Month for March 2009, April 2010, May 2010, and November 2011 by steering forklift to avoid collision with employee van.
- Received Best Teammate award for working above and beyond call of duty to enable distribution center to achieve Departmental Distinguished Performance Award.
- Recovered from injury in order to meet commitment of deadlines caused by equipment breakdowns; performed work that resulted in saving company $25,000 in labor costs within six weeks.
- Steered forklift to prevent incident with pedestrian, resulting in letter of appreciation from city council for adhering to safety rules.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 8
- Achieved 99.7% operating efficiency; maintained the highest safety standards; met production standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in precision lifting techniques on all machinery types; increased forklift safety awareness to improve safety awareness for company and employees.
- Developed new systems for workplace improvement; designed new training courses; increased worker morale by establishing new systems for on-site safety, punctuality, and efficiency.
- Convinced management to purchase new forklifts with greater load capacities for more efficient use of labor during storage of more pallets of product per space unit.
- Received job posts for forklifts, loading dock equipment, and other warehouse positions within the company.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 9
- Accomplished the process of training and certification in the principles of safe operation, maintenance, and repair of forklifts.
- Received quality award; completed several crane lifts with minimal incident.
- Identified possible customer needs to increase sales; generated new business opportunities for promoting forklift sales through trade shows, consumer seminars, and referral sources.
- Delivered exceptional service to multiple clients; earned the confidence of clients through prompt delivery times, accuracy, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Performed individual lifts for customers for proper lifting techniques; assisted customer in selecting the correct lift weight.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated certified forklift operator skills in safely operating, lifting, and loading material.
- Acquired the ability to operate a forklift following just three days of training; maximized productivity by lifting 25% more than unlicensed operators.
- Demonstrated skill in safely maneuvering around other workers while debris was being cleared, thus eliminating the risk of injury.
- Reduced occurrence of damage to merchandise by using appropriate trucks for specific merchandise; decreased shrinkage by 20%.
- Founded an employee-initiated profit-sharing plan for employees newly trained on how to operate forklifts.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 11
- Worked as a professional forklift operator for one year.
- Worked as a personal assistant to the vice president of United States, promoting on radio and television on behalf of the company.
- Worked on first aid/cpr courses teaching students first aid, CPR, and first aid procedures.
- Worked with clients to plan, track, and develop social media campaigns for clients’ businesses.
- Certified as plumbing contractor, earning certification through TCEQ – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 12
- Operated forklift to prepare inventory and, in 2 1/2 months, drove forklift 220 days without an accident or recordable injury.
- Achieved high productivity goal by operating forklift for an average of 80 hours per week; only operator to sustain this level of production.
- Quickly learned and implemented new warehouse protocols; consistently maintained high levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Adhered to safety guidelines at all times and 100% of the time due to superior work ethic and personal responsibility.
- Received approval from supervisor for sustained performance excellence based on job performance, attendance, attitude, and punctuality.
Certified Forklift Operator Resume Sample 13
- Set production goals in order to exceed sales volume, cost, and profit goals for business, including the establishment of training program for new employees.
- I was one of two employees selected by management to be trained in forklift operation, safety handling instruction, and fleet supervision.
- Able team leader able to handle five responsibilities simultaneously; committed to front line quality control issues.
- Managed over 1 million dollars in inventory with outstanding stock rotation rates.
- Increased daily output by 20% through re-purposing of existing equipment without additional cost.
To work as a Certified Forklift Operator, you must hold a high school diploma or equivalent as well as a valid fork-lifting certificate. Forklift Operators should demonstrate great attention to detail, excellent hand-eye coordination, communication and organization skills, good physical health and stamina, as well as proficiency operating technical machinery.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.