A general dentist provides treatment for all parts of the mouth. A general dentist’s responsibilities include diagnosing conditions, treating conditions, provide instruction on brushing teeth and flossing, updating patient medical records, performing surgery, and setting surgery budgets.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best General Dentist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real General Dentist resumes for your reference.
General Dentist Resume Sample 1
- Developed a successful emergency dental service program that increased the number of emergency calls and decreased the average time to treatment, resulting in increased clinic revenues.
- Launched the first periodontics practice in Ohio; engaged a contract dentist to provide specialty treatment for patients with gingival inflammation.
- Gained national recognition for developing an effective post-surgical patient education program; influenced periodontists across the nation to use this model.
- Earned certification as an ADA Consultant; aided non-English speaking patients in securing translation assistance from his staff at little or no cost.
- Achieved award of the highest marks in both clinical and customer satisfaction.
General Dentist Resume Sample 2
- Achieved recognition as a Top 10% General Dentist in the region; praised for patient relations and overall patient satisfaction.
- Creating new dental implants for patients suffering from non-displaced teeth or decayed teeth as well as managing root canal procedures; taught hygienists to work more efficiently in relation to the needs of the patients, especially during nighttime hours.
- Fully booked days with no emergencies or appointments; established following for dentists and hygenists using No. 5 business hours (6:00pm-12:00am).
- Developed practice guidelines and procedures according to professional standards. Improved new scheduling system. Achieved award for most patients seen within 30 days (32 patients).
- Earned awards for being a Top 10% General Dentist in the region; maintained professional standards and provided exceptional patient care.
General Dentist Resume Sample 3
- Handled over 65 patients per week; was voted “Favorite Dentist” by patients in a local contest.
- Identified a new virus that infected the machines used for cleaning tools; developed a method for sterilizing equipment.
- Established a new dental clinic in South West Florida; treated over 800 patients within the first 2 weeks of operation.
- Resurfaced broken dentures and emergency ill-fitting dentures overnight to assist needy individuals of the Florida Panhandle devastated by Hurricanes.
- Developed a new procedure for treating gum disease safely and with little pain.
General Dentist Resume Sample 4
- Formulated treatment plans for each patient; developed anesthesia protocols.
- Established trust with patients through timely and thorough communications; instilling confidence in patients, who appreciated my empathy and professionalism.
- Prescribed medications after conducting appropriate tests; motivated patients to maintain oral hygiene.
- Specialized in general dentistry procedures, including orthodontics; treated children and adults.
- Integrated technology into the practice of dentistry via recent advances in laser technology; provided faster, less invasive treatments for patients.
General Dentist Resume Sample 5
- Performed extensive periodontal implant surgery.
- Achieved award for professional behavior as a valued member of a team; adhering to ethical standards by practicing excellence in all aspects of his profession.
- Achieved award for customer service as patient advocate; answered questions, concerns, and provided high-quality dental care.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service as patient advocate; positively acknowledged the needs and concerns of each patient in the dental office environment.
- Achieved award for excellent patient education; demonstrated self-confidence and an open approach to comforting patients through education and problem-solving techniques.
General Dentist Resume Sample 6
- Completed and maintained medical education hours; achieved the award for outstanding oral health outreach.
- Managed a full-scope dental practice with a special interest in implants and cosmetic dentistry.
- Company recognized for providing exceptional patient service; procedures included general dentistry, whitening, scaling, cleanings, and fillings, extractions of impacted teeth, digital radiographs.
- Received award for saving the life of an infant; improvised an emergency procedure to remove a piece of peanut shell lodged in infant’s throat.
- Recognized as Top Sales Representative for filling more than 50 implants in 2012 alone resulting in an annual salary increase of $10K.
General Dentist Resume Sample 7
- Recognized with a Nevada state award for “exemplary service in the field of medicine” for handling a difficult case with tact and diplomacy.
- Performed root canal procedures speedily and without error; received Certificates of Achievement from colleagues.
- Optimized an ERP system to make it effective, efficient, and trouble-free; raised the bar for other dentists by furnishing expertise in this field.
- Redefined the role of the dentist as a business manager by writing complete monthly reports, monthly budgets, and goal programs; empowered staff to follow through on published policies.
- Achieved the ZBB (Zero Budget at the Beginning) status by identifying and saving $10,000 per month; recommended to implement company-wide.
General Dentist Resume Sample 8
- Earned recognition as the top Faculty Appointment at Fisk University, Nashville, TN; instructed Dr. Westley Taylor in restorative dentistry and served as a teaching assistant for Dr. Leroy Baker in community service.
- Earned recommendation from Mrs. Mariah Andrews for educating her son, Isaac, on dental hygiene during his high school years at Humes High School; counseled him on the relationship between oral health and a healthy diet.
- Obtained recommendation from Mr. ______________ for completing exceptional dental work on his daughter’s teeth; saved her precious smile and helped her to overcome orthodontic adversity by welcoming her into the practice of Drs. Stephens, Jackson, and Jones.
- Achieved award for dedication to excellence; attended seminars and workshops at the American Dental Association’s annual conferences in Orlando, CA (1995) and Philadelphia, PA (1998); also recognized as a reputable Dentist by the National Dental Association.
- Earned recommendation from Mrs. Ebony Jackson for educating her daughter about dental hygiene; counseled her on the importance of daily oral hygiene, especially flossing between teeth.
General Dentist Resume Sample 9
- Achieved award for highest production of new patient evaluations; developed a referral base of over 10,000.
- Enjoyed recognition as a Triage Team member; increased service capacity by 15%.
- Recognized as the team’s go-to-dentist for difficult cases; resolved customer issues, while maintaining the highest possible customer satisfaction levels.
- Earning recognition as an Oral Surgeon/Assistants Supervisor, resulting in increased efficiency and productivity.
- Recognition as an expert on Invisalign treatment procedures; implemented endorsement to increase annual revenue potential by $250K.
General Dentist Resume Sample 10
- Graded and polished teeth, ensuring that composite fillings remained intact and did not require additional care.
- Articulated with patients to determine their needs and recommended procedures that could improve their quality of life.
- Educated patients on advanced dental care options and educated them on proper dental hygiene so that they may continue to practice their daily oral routines.
- Met the needs of customers, adhering to health insurance company guidelines regarding claim forms, authorization requirements, billing codes, patient coverage rights, and company policy regarding privacy and security.
- Earned customer satisfaction award; upheld industry’s high standards of integrity.
General Dentist Resume Sample 11
- Performed root canals; performed implant procedures; cleaned, repaired, and maintained oral and maxillofacial surgery appointments.
- Treated developing dental needs of patients with patience, compassion, and skill.
- Achieved top 3% in the state for patient satisfaction; helped patients to attain their goal of straightening crooked teeth by creating the best possible treatment plan.
- Achieved award for best clinical performance.
- Achieved award for outstanding clinical performance.
General Dentist Resume Sample 12
- Prescribed medications to address dental disease and infection.
- Managed a network of professional assistants and technicians.
- Restored fractured teeth with either natural or artificial teeth, bridges, or implants.
- Advised patients on preventative oral care techniques and nutrition.
- Prescribed routine dental care to children in an after-school program.
General Dentist Resume Sample 13
- Provide thorough, skillful, gentle, and patient care; effectively use dental equipment and dental materials to restore missing or modify damaged teeth.
- Effectively diagnose and treat the oral lesions for referred pain; accurately diagnose by taking x-rays and complications associated with the disease.
- Obtain referrals from referring physicians to determine the need for more extensive care.
- Maintain a record of the patient’s medical history, complete medical records including x-rays, progress notes, and dental charts.
- Give timely, effective treatment to insured individuals with insurance under the Cigna Dental Plans.
To become a general dentist, a bachelor’s degree in a science field is required, in addition to dental school licensure. A general dentist must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a team, must be adaptable, must be an expert in dentistry, and must have a passion to help people.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.