Commercial Drivers are responsible for transporting goods from distribution centers to customer locations. Their duties include loading and unloading cargo, driving long distances to deliver goods, inspecting trucks and reporting incidents, following traffic laws, following accident procedures, and recording cargo deliveries.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Diver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Diver resumes for your reference.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 1
- Explored and listed over 1,000 feet of ship’s bottom to depth; conducted investigations of oil tankers and sunken ships.
- Performed salvage operations for commercial diving projects.
- Delivered freight in areas inaccessible to vehicles, including mountains and jungles.
- Helped convert the big grounded freighter “SS JAMES LAMSON” into a floating hotel and resort vessel named “SS JAMES KEARNEY”.
- Researched unknown wreck sites while exploring the Java Sea; successfully salvaged several large freighters that had sunk.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 2
- Responded to emergency rescue operations under dangerous conditions in the Persian Gulf.
- Obtained technical education in diving systems and specialty training in saturation diving for deep water applications.
- Performed countless hours of work aiding divers, ship’s crews, and oil rigs of various nationalities. Guided divers to complete specific assignments by demanding exceptional performance from all personnel.
- Participated in five United States Navy submarine rescue missions, with a total of 11 dives that have been documented on film by the U.S. Navy’s U-2 spy planes.
- Researched and developed the first diving beetle hot water suit for divers in the North Sea oil industry.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated knowledge of diving problems and solutions while traveling to and working at a resort in a foreign country.
- Delivered equipment, supplies, and food to offshore oil platforms.
- Successfully executed preventative maintenance by providing annual backup support for the dive support vessel.
- Freed an unconscious pilot from the wreckage of a shipwreck in extremely cold water that was contaminated with gasoline.
- Incurred physical trauma after surviving an explosion on the dive support vessel in which he was severely scalded.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 4
- Dived with underwater ROVs on 10-minute missions to document remote areas of oil rigs and inspect pipelines for damage.
- Completed 35 dives in total; 20 positive pressure dives and 15 mixed gas dives.
- Learned to communicate with the two pilots during diver lock-out operations.
- Achieved certification from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration as a Commercial Diver, class 100/100E with an Apprentice Diver Rating.
- Recovered lost items, repaired subsea equipment, and inspected equipment during multi-day missions.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 5
- Designed and constructed support systems for commercial diving equipment and systems, including diving bell systems, lifelines, keel beams, keel lines, and umbilicals.
- Skilled in building dive bays for underwater expansion of commercial diving operations.
- Prepared divers for maintenance operations on underwater vessels and projects using various underwater measuring machines to establish depths.
- Constructed the first modified commercial diving basket that was certified by the Fédération Internationale des Pompiers Maritime (FIPAM) as being capable of being used by a passenger to enter confined areas.
- Trained divers, served as a professional diver, and worked in the commercial diving industry for one year.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 6
- Qualified for commercial diving work in a “summer” position, which meant that I would be hired to travel from job to job throughout the summer. I could earn more than $1000/week and was not subject to a 40-hour work week.
- Developed a resume that was so impressive, I got an offer for a full-time, permanent position within two days of applying.
- Earned certification within first year, making me one of the most highly qualified divers in my company’s history at 21 years of age.
- Passed over 20+ industry tests with grades ranging from excellent to superior and above average.
- Learned to work as a team member and leader on projects, which involved diving in salt water for weeks at a time.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 7
- Used pumps to remove muck and sediment from petroleum tanks in Pennsylvania.
- Inspected oil storage facilities for contamination in Virginia.
- Dived down to inspect undersea pipes for holes in Louisiana.
- Dived down to examine shipwrecks off the coast of South Carolina.
- Swam underneath waterfalls and canals in the Florida Everglades.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 8
- Logged over 3,700 hours of decompression, salvage, and repairs on submerged oil platforms, bridges, and ships.
- Completed certification for offshore instruments and topographic survey diving.
- Handled equipment including diver propulsion vehicles (DPV’s), remote operation vehicles (ROV’s), and closed circuit rebreathers.
- Qualified as a surface supply diver with multiple air sources, allowing extended dives up to 72 hours; evaluated radio systems with live operating crews aboard ships in the Gulf of Mexico while working outside the boats’ boundaries.
- Selected to participate in a three-week dive expedition on the ocean floor of the Indian Ocean; participated in a four-day dive to an oil platform.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 9
- Underwent scuba diving certification training for one year, during which time I logged over 1,000 dives.
- Participated in over 65 wreck and lava rock dives throughout the world.
- Spent over six months working as a commercial diver for a fisheries management company, during which time I logged almost 4,000 dives.
- Became an active diver with the United States Navy Seal Community by participating in numerous training courses during four-sea deployments to the Mediterranean Sea and the Persian Gulf.
- Served as a gunner’s mate on two navy submarines where I held all important duties on board including dive operation, decompression chamber operations, and lifeboat crewing.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 10
- Provided underwater salvage services for property owners and insurers.
- Created and managed a diving team composed of five divers certified to work on both the East and West Coast.
- Successfully completed dry-dive training in an eighteen-foot research vessel.
- Successfully sent a salvage dive contractor with a specialized submersible to an underwater site for the retrieval of artifacts.
- Determined safe diving depth for use in moving statues including buried ones whose specifics were not yet known.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 11
- Served in platform, log, and saturation diving operations with a tight schedule, long hours, and rigorous training.
- Focused on personal maintenance and safety by developing a routine of proper diet, exercise, and sleep habits.
- Respected the environment by adhering to company policy regarding proper dive practices in restricted areas.
- Trained with highly skilled professionals through extensive dives; considered an expert in hazardous practice.
- Continued to refine diving skills through dedicated study at a local marine navigation school.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 12
- Skilled in underwater construction, demolition, and salvage. Swam over 100 feet below the surface in a five minute session.
- Participated in one-year underwater rescue training/testing program at Station #28 (Navy) while maintaining a 60 percent on-time rating.
- Operated and maintained underwater vehicles to perform search, signal, and maneuvering operations.
- Received two award for hundreds of dives, locating sunken boats in 90 minutes or less; (one award was for 100+ dives.)
- Recovered items from submerged aircraft wreckage for several years during military duty; recovered an entire medical helicopter’s worth of supplies.
Commercial Diver Resume Sample 13
- Navigated underwater to gather video, video stills, and rock samples; collected data at depths of up to 125 fsw.
- Observed and recorded marine life within a 10-foot radius; observed and recorded coral bleaching from increasing water temperatures and pollution.
- Established assembly line-like workflow for underwater welding using portable air hoses, oxygen tanks, & regulators with dives lasting up to eight hours within habitats of aquatic organisms.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy heavy equipment on mini-submarines while corralling marine life; ensured safety of fellow divers.
- Sustained ability to carry out and document assignments as a commercial diver in a variety of environments and within time constraints while maintaining safety, health, and quality standards during expedition under the Sea of Cortez.
To work as a Commercial driver, you need to have a high school diploma or equivalent, CDL, and a driver’s skill and safety course. The Commercial Driver should have the ability to sit for long periods of time, good communication skills, excellent hearing and vision, be customer service oriented, good judgment skills, ability to adapt to changing weather conditions, and be in good physical condition.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Commercial Diver Resume Samples
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 1
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 2
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 3
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 4
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 5
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 6
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 7
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 8
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 9
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 10
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 11
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 12
- Commercial Diver Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up