Bar porters keep track of a bar’s alcohol inventory and replenishing stock when it runs low. Their duties include picking up alcohol orders from distributors and delivering them to the bar or other establishment, assisting bartenders under their direction, serving as a runner for bartenders to bring more liquor or supplies, washing glasses, mopping floors, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing all equipment as needed, and assisting in meeting all guests’ or customers’ needs quickly and courteously.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bar Porter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bar Porter resumes for your reference.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 1
- Scrubbed and refilled ice bins, replaced beer kegs, restocked liquor bottles, and cleaned counter area.
- Set up bar equipment for paying customers at end of shift; prepared drinks according to bartender instructions.
- Recognized for promptness by the manager after arriving on time every day for a month.
- Developed specialized skills in mixing drinks and customer service as a result of continuous practice and observation.
- Gained appreciation from management for charming guests with my outgoing personality, making them feel at home during their visits to the restaurant/bar.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 2
- Assisted guests with anything they required during business hours, except performing medical procedures.
- Accomplished over 100 bar orders without error.
- Ensured the cleanliness of assigned tables via spotless tablecloths and polished glassware, silverware, and dishware.
- Stocked the bar area by restocking items as needed; noted for outstanding organizational skills.
- Trained new porters on proper techniques to stocking, polishing, setting up stations, organized drawers for easy access to supplies, among other things.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 3
- Skilled at opening bottles of wine, liquor, and beers without damaging the labels or contents.
- Settled payment disputes by consulting with wait staff, bussers, managers to ensure that proper payments were received by servers.
- Greatly improved service time in drinks by organizing bar tools in a specific order.
- Maintained cleanliness of equipment including glasses, ice wells, sinks to avoid contamination between beverages.
- Realized advancement opportunities when promoted to waiter after learning how to take food orders from guests at tables.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 4
- Operated all required equipment in a smooth and efficient manner, efficiently controlled the speed of service, and offered friendly customer service.
- Accurately detected counterfeit currency at an average rate of 97% compared to bank standard of 50%.
- Promoted from bar back for outstanding performance; planned menus, prepared daily orders for food supply deliveries, inventoried inventory accurately on a monthly basis.
- Achieved award for going above and beyond duty requirements while managing a high volume of customers during a holiday season.
- Recognized with appreciation by management after improving bar sales by 15% within one year.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 5
- Provided guests with a friendly, courteous and efficient service.
- Assisted guests in obtaining directions to local attractions, order taking, restaurant reservations and general information.
- Expedited guest orders from kitchen by anticipating finishing times and communicating special requests to enhance each dish’s presentation and taste.
- Ensured bar remained fully stocked at all times; kept bar area clean and inviting for guests at all times.
- Received bartender of the month award for excellent customer service skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under demanding conditions.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 6
- Greets patrons with a friendly atmosphere.
- Collects money, stocks, and sets up bartender’s station.
- Assists guests by checking coats and providing information about the club.
- Serves drinks to fellow employees while maintaining composure during busy hours.
- Assists managers in maintaining an orderly working environment that ensures the safety of all individuals involved.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 7
- Before bar closing switched from wholesale to retail prices on all liquor bottles.
- Cleaned and stocked bar, restocked ice bin, removed dirty glasses and dishes from dining room.
- Provided a cheerful atmosphere for restaurant guests by maintaining an orderly appearance of the service area.
- Prepared daily service report on deliveries received, opened cases of beer delivered to inventory control system, and recorded serial numbers of new wine bottles.
- Designed special drink menus with prices that were lower than those posted in bars to increase customer volume and profit percentage during slow business hours.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 8
- Learned to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages as requested by patrons.
- Maintained a standard of service that was required for the operation of a profitable business.
- Fulfilled requests for drinks from customers, staff, management and other bartenders within the establishment.
- Provided excellent customer service to patrons during peak hours with a positive attitude.
- Consistently monitored alcohol consumption levels and made recommendations when necessary of correction or assistance for those who had overindulged in their consumption level of alcoholic beverage(s).
Bar Porter Resume Sample 9
- Provided prompt and professional service while adhering to company standards of quality and safety.
- Ensured that patrons were greeted with their desired drink or food item, in a timely manner, and that the bar area was kept clean during all operating hours.
- Assisted bartenders with tasks such as filling ice bins, brewing tea, preparing fresh fruit for garnish, restocking clean glassware and removing empty bottles from booths and storage areas.
- Refilled salt shakers and pepper mills quickly and accurately while ensuring all tops were shut tightly.
- Completed cash-out at day’s end by processing ticket charges against inventory levels recorded on daily checklist; this ensured proper accounting procedures were followed.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 10
- Assisted guests and servers with requests.
- Annotated bar stock to ensure presence of highest quality spirits and liqueurs.
- Maintained cleanliness of work areas, washrooms, and exterior public spaces; recognized by the General Manager for excellent service.
- Engaged in back-of-house activities including dishwashing, laundry loading/unloading, stocking inventory, polishing cutlery, mopping floors/stairs/washrooms, etc.; received commendations from all managers.
- Looked for fair opportunities to expand skills within available time; worked efficiently during fast-paced periods of high customer volume.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 11
- Handled customer complaints in a professional manner; received compliments from bar customers on proper conduct.
- Successfully managed the inventory of bar supplies; implemented cost savings measures resulting in budget surplus and recognition by department manager.
- Recognized for my ability to handle liquor orders quickly and correctly during busy periods, finishing within acceptable time limits without errors or omission.
- Skilled at mixing drinks and serving wine according to taste; provided recommendations when requested based on knowledge of available wines.
- Developed expertise regardless of position responsibility during four years of employment that enabled me to work independently with little supervision.
Bar Porter Resume Sample 12
- Replenished and organized bar fully and at a fast pace with high accuracy, often behind schedule.
- Experienced in selling wines and beers, developing an understanding of cuisines, flavors, and types of beverages that pair well.
- Received the highest praises from Chef de Cuisine for my ability to anticipate needs in service by anticipating guests’ desires for additional items; officially commended on the restaurant’s behalf.
- Empathized with customers when their orders were delayed by kitchen errors; in direct communication with both patrons and servers in order to resolve issues or refer to management when necessary.
- Maintained cleanliness of the counter area where drinks were prepped; removed and cleaned ice buckets and jars in preparation for the next day.
To work as a bar porter, you need a high school diploma or GED, and employers prefer to hire applicants with prior experience in the service industry. Bar porters must show initiative, have strong interpersonal skills, be committed to customer satisfaction, have good written and verbal communication skills, have a flexible work schedule, dress and behave in a professional manner, and work well as part of a team to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.