A director of career services oversees the machinations of a career center, sometimes within a larger body, such as a university. This individual develops career counseling programs, advertises internships, designs career fairs, offers assistance with resume-building, facilitates work-study, and promotes transitional opportunities for students joining the workforce.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Career Services Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Career Services resumes for your reference.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 1
- Actively promoted school service; worked with students and colleges to improve relations between students and career development resources.
- Initiated internship and job placement plans for students; organized classroom instruction for learning about job searches, resumes, interviews.
- Provided counseling, guidance, and support to 250 high-school seniors preparing for college
- Coached a successful leadership team organized to oversee the operation of school yearbook and website.
- Developed workshops on resume writing and interview preparation; created careers & education clubs.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 2
- Managed career services in a manner that allowed the office group to effectively serve the needs of over 900 students annually.
- Founded, started, and served as President of the Association of College Placement Professionals (ACPP) chapter at my college.
- Achieved professional growth award by facilitating a discussion to resolve a controversial issue while also conceptualizing new ideas for improving the campus placement office.
- Developed an effective monthly newsletter to present information on student jobs and community employment opportunities; recognized as best in region by National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
- Coordinated and oversaw the annual career fair for over 600 employers and 10,000 students.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 3
- Supervised our 800-member student population and twenty-five staff members in all facets of employment.
- Redefined the internal operations of Career Services by completing a thorough evaluation, restructuring into a more customer-service oriented Service Delivery Model, and implementing a progressive Staff Training Program.
- Met with all student companies to discuss their needs and vocational interests.
- Convinced the University Board of Trustees that Career Services had outgrown its present location and should be moved to a new space on campus.
- Transformed Employment Services into a customer-service oriented Service Delivery Model, by implementing a progressive Staff Training Program and constructing a new Career Services Complex.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 4
- Expanded services to students and alumni by the addition of third career counselor, two volunteer counselors, and after-school programs.
- Trained newly hired student staff members and volunteers in all facets of operation of the center.
- Raised career center budget by $12,000 annually through grant writing, networking with alumni and corporate recruiters, new fee schedules, special events.
- Facilitated a majority of meetings involving career placements with banking industry professionals for students in partnership with Louisiana State Department of Education.
- Created over 20 partnerships between banking industry employers and schools to assist students in obtaining career placements.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented workable methods to foster individual students’ learning skills through studies using a variety of methods.
- Attained high marks for reducing student dropout rates.
- Gave administrative support for the school’s purchase of computers, networking equipment, tape backup unit, and transparencies.
- Updated the library catalog and assisted in ordering new books and supplies during the summer break in 1997.
- Established rules and procedures for conference rooms as well as office equipment use policy.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 6
- Managed multiple administrators and clerical staff. Directed and supervised administrative and clerical staff.
- Maintained a full-time administrative position without direct supervision while attending graduate school.
- Completed the implementation of an emergency notification program designed to assist employees with various concerns, such as child care, finances, legal problems, family problems, or medical concerns in a timely fashion during an emergency.
- Directed a department of over 5 people during a year-long period of transition during which the department was not fully staffed.
- Acted as the point of contact for all college, community, and statewide job fairs and assisted area employers with recruiting efforts.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 7
- Provided quality career counseling service to over 200 members in the local community.
- Acted as the Career Development Officer for a liberal arts college. Provided career counseling, helped with resumes and job searches, and represented the institution at numerous career fairs.
- Resolved issues of discrimination and harassment through formal grievance procedure.
- Redirected students’ careers based on changing professional environment to one which maximized individual potential; increased enrollment in business courses.
- Directly guided students through resume development and job search techniques for entry-level positions.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 8
- Dealt with disruptions to the office at all times, keeping a smooth flow of communication for co-workers and administrative staff.
- Supervised and trained professional development coordinators and helped implement new S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum within the district during 2009–2010 school year.
- Managed funding for summer camp programs and assisted in the yearly summer teaching program; managed a budget of $10 million each school year.
- Continued to maintain and develop site relationships, enabling the district to secure outside funding for new technology, community involvement, and workforce development; managed a budget of $25 million each school year.
- Maintained information database for over one hundred employees, tracked program goals for over one thousand students and provided after school assistance to staff.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 9
- Created and implemented strategies to end the practice of office gossip.
- Maintained a positive and efficient business environment without ever having to resort to harsh management techniques.
- Supervised daily maintenance of office equipment, supplies, supplies, and resources; ensured the complete satisfaction of a diverse staff on the campus level.
- Contributing to the growth of the university’s career services program by offering guidance to students in their transitional phase from high school/secondary school.
- Developed roadmap for implementing career exploration programs.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 10
- Assured that New Jersey public school students received access to a variety of programs and services.
- Trained staff regarding changes in state and federal laws and regulations relating to career counseling.
- Reviewed new products, services, trends, opportunities, and procedures for inclusion in the Annual Career Services Conference.
- Collaborated with outside agencies to increase awareness of educational opportunities by meeting with students at high schools and community centers.
- Established an incentive for local employers to hire graduates through partnerships between the New Jersey Department of Labor and the New Jersey Business Management Agency.
Director of Career Services Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated and managed a $80,000 annual budget.
- Developed and maintained an efficient CV, resume library, hiring database, and on-line job posting system.
- Conducted in-depth staff development surveys to identify weaknesses and potential areas for improvement.
- Directed the successful creation of a teen mentoring program that included creating a custom matching system to match students with adult role models; creating a mentoring program that uses positive reinforcement to encourage positive behavior; recognizing student achievement through certificates of completion; establishing mentoring programs for pre-school age children; conducting interactive cooperative learning activities utilizing computer technology; and providing teachers with equipment for interactive use in the classroom.
- Described in detail the building process including soliciting bids and preparing the construction documents.
Applicants should have at least an associate’s degree in education, social sciences, or psychology. These workers must be resourceful, creative, empathetic, and willing to help, and they must be able to network, communicate quickly, and enjoy working with students one-on-one.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.