Accounting Clerks provide financial support and management to their organization. Their duties include keeping documents and their backups for invoices and audits, inspecting data for accuracy, inputting data into accounting systems, managing emails, responding to customer and staff inquiries, keeping confidential reports, and ensuring compliance with policies and standard procedures.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Account Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Account Clerk resumes for your reference.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for tracking inventory, purchases, and sales records.
- Maintained perpetual inventory by physically auditing control records.
- Verified invoices to ensure accurate debiting of accounts payable accounts.
- Prepared monthly data for inventory turnover ratio analysis, which was used to develop improvement projects for the warehouse management system.
- Met quality standards on all projects within deadline timelines while maintaining high product standards of excellence.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Compiled company information and bank statements as an entry-level analyst.
- Systematically performed internal and external auditing for owner’s financial statements, as well as owner’s internal controls.
- Handled various problem resolution situations with goal setting and positive results.
- Described audit requirements for all areas of the company and trained and mentored others to develop and perform internal audits.
- Handled multiple problem resolution situations with goal setting and positive results.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Processed accounts receivable, cash receipts, and payroll.
- Received annual award for reduced account receivable days outstanding.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in the audit department; identified and reported internal and external variances.
- Recipient of outstanding employee recognition for efficiency and productivity; maintained a balance between excellent customer service and adherence to corporate policy/standards.
- Served as an understudy; mentored junior auditors by providing guidance on auditing techniques, company policies, and guidelines.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Actively engaged in projects to streamline accounting and accounting applications.
- Maintained training as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Performed direct auditing of financial statements and questioned the accuracy of financial statements, working independently and with an auditor.
- Rewrote procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborated with internal and external client support staff to improve client service and reduce costs.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Processed invoices in a timely manner; received recognition from the Senior Analyst for processing excellent work.
- Credited investors when due; discovered and notified investors of market changes when due.
- Assisted in managing purchases and sales to reconcile outstanding accounts; identified and contacted clients to ask for payment reminders when accounts were past due.
- Achieved award for processing the highest amount of transactions in a timely manner with an average of 99% accuracy; leadership recognized me as an exemplary employee who was reliable and dependable.
- Processed invoices in a timely manner to ensure prompt credit and cash receipts.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Conducted client audits on new client accounts; identified potential problems during initial client consultation.
- Prepared monthly journal entries; reconciled bank statement for transactions and reconciled bank account to ledger.
- Processed income tax returns and prepared company payrolls; filed state and federal tax returns for federal and state income taxes.
- Compiled annual balance sheets, income statements, and retained earnings; maintained financial records in accordance with company procedures and Florida law.
- Calculated payroll taxes (percentage based) by the quarter.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Resolved discrepancies and conducted daily batch processing of customer credit transactions.
- Conducted audits to ensure organization complied with accounting and auditing guidelines and requirements.
- Aided in the development and handling of customer accounts.
- Earned praise as an exceptional member of a team; played a major role in successfully identifying organization’s needs, developing solutions, and implementing those solutions.
- Maintained optimum filing system for all records pertinent to assigned accounts.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Handled, corrected, and re-posted customer transactions; ensured that records were completed to meet the needs of the customers.
- Met with clients to determine business, financial, and tax needs; developed plans to resolve problems and establish new business relationships.
- Reviewed accounts receivable information; contacted delinquent accounts to determine payment plan adherence.
- Monitored collections; established customer repayment schedule for outstanding invoices.
- Participated in monthly management meetings to discuss efforts for increasing growth of new business while maintaining existing clientele.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Accurately completed research in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Internet Explorer to perform accounting functions.
- Controlled budgets for city departments by analyzing monthly operating expenses and monthly cash flow.
- Analyzed budget projections to determine if sufficient funds would be available to pay invoices.
- Collected delinquent accounts data by using various data sources such as state tax act, state audit act, and city tax act.
- Developed sound accounting procedures for day-to-day operations in department’s internal bookkeeping system.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Participated in company’s Budget and Planning process.
- Helped prepare and review monthly financial statements and effectively communicated key financial information to investors and partners.
- Supervised junior staff to avoid delays and eliminate problems with payroll processing.
- Directly involved in the preparation of corporate annual reports, consolidating transactions, and preparing balance sheet information for regulatory filings.
- Promoted awareness of Shareholder Rights Act to the rest of the department.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Helped direct audit processes to meet audit schedules and meet accounting deadlines.
- Made adjustments to accounting procedures and procedures to better track inventory.
- Performed addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and division by fractions on a regular basis according to preset formulas.
- Obtained data from all source materials such as receipts for banking operations, invoices for vendor payment, and tax returns filed by the company for review of accuracy and completeness.
- Used proper accounting procedures and established sound record-keeping systems for the company’s business operation.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Accurately recorded client transaction activity and maintained client accounts resulting in positive client feedback.
- Accurately estimated, prepared, and secured audit opinions related to accounts receivable and fixed assets resulting in audit with no exceptions.
- Provided payroll related information for federal regulatory reporting with no exceptions resulting in no government fines or penalties.
- Managed account reconciliation process to ensure full account closure associated with year end audits.
- Achieved outstanding customer satisfaction surveys results based on client feedback.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Accurately processed checks and disbursed funds within allotted time frames.
- Met payroll deadlines, including vacation pay calculations.
- Filed properly, followed company policies when completing forms.
- Demonstrated accuracy when reconciling bank statements.
- Accurately recorded daily expenses. Maintained accurate bank records in accordance with the company policy for federal, state, and local taxes. Saved files in accordance with the company’s computer policies and procedures.
Account Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Accomplished day-to-day tasks, such as making phone calls, sending faxes and e-mails, and filing documents.
- Achieved satisfactory performance ratings from senior representatives from three different departments.
- Instructed management trainees on the duties of a clerical role.
- Recognized by senior representatives for outstanding performance in completing daily tasks related to the job.
- Achieved superior performance ratings from peers and supervisory staff.
To work as an Accounting Clerk, you need a high school diploma and may need an Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting. You must demonstrate familiarity with computerized accounting systems, fluency in Microsoft Office applications, time management, customer service, organization, the ability to troubleshoot, perform critical thinking, manage stress, and work both independently and on a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.