Assistant Underwriters provide support to Underwriting Staff so as to gain experience. Their duties include writing reports, inputting insurance data, performing administrative duties, risk assessments, and research, as well as helping Underwriters determine if clients qualify for insurance policies, loans or other financial services.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Underwriter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Underwriter resumes for your reference.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 1
- Researched and analyzed risk profiles on applicants for second mortgages.
- Captured, organized, and reported data vital to the determination of loan eligibility; reduced rate of mortgage rejection by 25%.
- Initiated internship program to increase quality assurance with a measurable outcome.
- Instrumental in re-designing credit underwriting process which increased customer satisfaction ratings from customers applying for loans.
- Led new hire training program for 10+ interns/new hires which yielded a reduction in new hire turnover rate from 100% to 30%.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 2
- Worked on telephone and written response to inquiries from insurance agents, brokers, and insureds.
- Monitored payment activity for delinquent loans; resolved discrepancies to ensure compliance with agency guidelines.
- Assisted in the completion of numerous applications; trained new employees as assigned.
- Became a certified trainer for First American Core Production System (CPS), which is an online training system providing extensive resources for loan production professionals.
- Voted Employee of the Year by co-workers because I was courteous, professional, and dependable; thorough and accurate.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 3
- B rated by Moody’s Corporation as a result of exceptional growth and stable earnings; recognized as the top regional investment bank in the US.
- Assisted to guide and advise clients through all stages of loan origination process, from pre-qualification to closing.
- Recognized by Branch Manager for professionalism and dedication; complete efforts resulted in highest quarterly branch performance ranking.
- Secured an increase in production volume via thorough review and revision of policies to establish best practices within department.
- Received monthly award given only to two employees who meet productivity goals set forth by Region Manager.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 4
- Identified and analyzed potential risks in loan applications for submission to underwriters.
- Revised loan documents to eliminate discrepancies and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Implemented new technology system, decreasing response time from 12-24 hours to 4 hours.
- Wrote comments on all comments received from the Quality Assurance Department regarding cases reviewed by Specialists for accuracy of information inputted into LoanLynx 3 system.
- Created a customer complaint procedure to improve the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of open order management.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 5
- Designed loan surveillance reports for small business loans, including industry analysis and cash flow projections.
- Implemented division-wide quality assurance program in all divisional operations.
- Produced weekly executive report on divisional performance to all division managers within prescribed deadlines.
- Rewrote company’s sales policy manual, increasing operational efficiencies while still complying with legal regulations.
- Recognized by manager as top individual performer; consistently exceeded daily quotas in pressure-packed environment.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 6
- Processed a variety of mortgage loans by assessing risk and determining quality, value, and feasibility; increased loan portfolio size.
- Cut through red tape to provide fast turnarounds on files; recognized for streamlining file review process.
- Resolved labor disputes between two separate departments; gained trust of teams during conflict resolution.
- Estimated the value of commercial properties in an unbiased manner while managing appraisal data in accordance with prudent underwriting practices.
- Implemented best practices within the department to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and mitigate risk; cited as top performer yearly since 2008.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 7
- Expanded customer base by 5% within the first three months; recognized by Branch Manager for outstanding performance.
- Reduced delinquencies and resolved past due accounts when given increased authority to modify or remove late fees.
- Developed five new applications and monitored them in a production environment without incidents for twelve months.
- Recognized as top performer with bonus; reviewed equity data, calculated cash-in/cash-out transactions, and generated reports to support decision making process.
- Grew loan portfolio 22%; identified potential customers by converting inquiries into relationship opportunities through outbound phone calls and emails.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 8
- Receive, compute and check data pertaining to life insurance applications.
- Update customer files with current address, telephone number, and social security numbers.
- Prepare letters of notification to claimants in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other departments to process claims within 30 days of receipt, focusing on safety procedures for personal safety from bodily harm resulting from acts of terrorism.
- Trained new employees regarding proper safety procedures when opening mail that contains potentially hazardous substances such as white powder.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw three contractors in the renovation of existing commercial construction loans, increasing total assets.
- Managed daily workflow with strong sense of responsibility for company policy and procedures; submitted weekly reports covering detailed information on each file assigned.
- Recognized by supervisor for exceptional performance while attending training seminars at major financial institutions throughout the U.S.
- Received exemplary scores on professional licensing exams leading to overall pass rates above national average.
- Achieved success in predicting changes in interest rates through analysis of data associated with fluctuations of defaulted residential mortgages.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 10
- Maintained a complete backup of all files essential to the operation of the section in case of emergency.
- Managed the production process, from initial draft to issuance/signature, for over 100 staff underwriters, ensuring that all required tasks were completed in accordance with time limits and quality standards.
- Received an award recognizing exceptional service for my efforts during our company’s widespread power outage; served as a key resource within my department to ensure timely processing and delivery of over 1000 loans.
- Achieved 92% on Quality Service Index at a zero error rate; designed new procedures improving document flow through each step of loan production process before closing.
- Acted as acting assistant manager during my supervisor’s absence; effectively covered for staff, demonstrating strong leadership skills within a fast-paced environment.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 11
- Enhanced company’s liquidity by completing a thorough analysis of investment portfolio.
- Assisted in the approval process for over $10M in commercial real estate loans, demonstrating excellent problem solving skills and proficiency with InDesign.
- Established rapport with clients through superior customer service, resulting in 100% retention of existing accounts and significant increases in new account acquisition.
- Implemented strict organization strategies that streamlined workflow and accelerated processing time of loan requests from start to finish.
- Achieved a Level III rating on underwriting procedures, recognizing my ability to perform detailed reviews while adhering to bank policies and guidelines.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 12
- Identified technical problems in computer system to effectively review loan documentation to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Reviewed and approved changes/corrections on over 500 loan files to ensure accuracy.
- Created new procedures for underwriters which allowed them greater flexibility in processing applications; increased productivity by 6%.
- Actively participated as a member of the Underwriter’s Group Meetings.
- Received high performance rating from supervisor based on appraisals of work, attitude, attendance, dependability, following company policies & procedures.
Assistant Underwriter Resume Sample 13
- Decreased number of loan delinquencies by promptly processing and monitoring assigned applications within company guidelines.
- Achieved highest level in three separate categories on leader board for total number of loans processed; recognized by bank leaders.
- Achieved Leadership Award in appreciation for outstanding performance; effectively supported the needs of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Received best performer award for quality control; accurately compiled data relating to loan applications.
- Contributed to overall growth in financial lending services; improved application review process through change management initiatives.
To work as one, a high school diploma is enough, but completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, insurance, or a related field is recommended for advancement. Assistant Underwriters must demonstrate knowledge of underwriting guidelines, have strong computer and communication skills, and display analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and customer service qualities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.