A help desk attendant is someone who works at the help desk of a hospital, business, or other location, and focuses on answering visitor questions and providing information. Duties of someone working at a help desk include answering questions, giving directions, providing information, making and receiving phone calls and emails, as well as performing various administrative and clerical tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Help Desk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Help Desk resumes for your reference.
Help Desk Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a 90% customer satisfaction rating by providing support to end-users in a timely and effective manner.
- Achieved the initial goal of increasing customer retention by 7%.
- Formatted help desk request reports in accordance with user specifications.
- Authored “Best Practices” documentation for training new agents, promoting standard procedures across multiple business units.
- Established an internal filing system to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of electronic records; used daily in all help desk related activities.
Help Desk Resume Sample 2
- Provided customers with options to choose from when setting up new Internet, cable, and telephone accounts.
- Assisted customers in getting their new services setup by walking them through the process of starting an account over the phone.
- Resolved customer issues by browsing through different settings on their computer or remote assistance.
- Utilized problem solving skills to get devices working again by testing them on my own, looking up help articles online, and consulting co-workers for advice.
- Received multiple complements regarding my dedication to providing great service by staying late or coming into work early after a closing shift might have ended just to ensure that all deadlines met.
Help Desk Resume Sample 3
- Assisted over 500 customers through telephone-based troubleshooting, resolving more than 60% of all issues within first contact.
- Provided outstanding quality service with efficiency and accuracy for more than 400 internal customers; recognized by peers as “the best source” for technical assistance.
- Presented technology program at elementary school to 1800 children, parents, and teachers on the importance of computer use.
- Revised Help Desk process manuals reducing average resolution time by 20%.
- Proven capabilities in developing system documentation; developed end-user manual that was adopted industry wide.
Help Desk Resume Sample 4
- Effectively provided accurate information for over 60 customers who were misinformed by sales representatives.
- Provided technical assistance to more than 20 employees.
- Recognized by managers and co-workers for helping other employees while maintaining a professional demeanor during an extremely busy call center period.
- Detected, diagnosed, identified, and solved problems related to slow internet connections at German telecom company within 1 hour of being assigned the task – gaining appreciation from coworkers.
- Performed well in three years of customer service work involving various personal computers using different operating systems.
Help Desk Resume Sample 5
- Aided client with computer problems, such as Microsoft Office Suite issues, by communicating via email and telephone.
- Provided excellent customer service reports to management of past performance.
- Established quick resolution of client’s problems and reported relevant information via telephone and/or email within 15 minutes on average.
- Used knowledge of hardware and software to solve 90% of user problems; recognized by manager as a valuable team member for technical skills and expertise in various applications.
- Available during off hours outside standard business hours to assist clients as needed; gradually increased number of support tickets resolved from 50% to 100% over 10 months period.
Help Desk Resume Sample 6
- Identified the underlying reason customers were calling for help with a product. This helped reduce customer wait time and also improved customers’ perception of the company’s product knowledge.
- Received a certificate from the CEO citing superior performance by resolving complex problems for customers who had been using a product that has been out of production for nine years.
- Assisted in transitioning to new government regulations requiring uniformity in both internal procedures and external communications with customers, industry partners, regulatory agencies, and media outlets.
- Completed training course on converting spreadsheets into database applications which allowed me to increase my end users’ productivity while limiting errors commonly found when making manual changes to large data sets within existing spreadsheet formulas.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating after implementing an email support system using Outlook and Gmail.
Help Desk Resume Sample 7
- Trained callers how to use the service’s product and software via phone, email, chat, and in person.
- Resolved customer complaints by providing technical support; identified solutions to problems using diagnostic tools and research; communicated resolutions.
- Created a new internal database for incoming calls from customers to provide quick access to information about devices and their types.
- Processed billing requests for over 50 accounts each month.
- Achieved company-wide recognition for extraordinary effort while exhibiting flexibility during a power outage resulting in credit on all paid invoices 100% of the time .
Help Desk Resume Sample 8
- Resolved customer issues via telephone and email in a timely manner within department guidelines.
- Conferred with vendors to resolve product problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Provided support for computer implementation of a new software system at two locations in 20 days, which reduced response time from over an hour to less than five minutes.
- Set up alerts that enabled users at both sites to identify when high priority work was available, leading to increased productivity overall by 18%.
- Reduced average wait time on phone calls from 8 minutes down to under 1 minute; led the implementation of offsite backups resulting in complete system failure only twice per year compared to monthly or weekly failures before.
Help Desk Resume Sample 9
- Received high praise from customers for quick response time and appropriate resolutions to problems.
- Trained new employees on phone techniques, procedures, and policies; recognized by management for superior recruitment skills.
- Gained customer satisfaction through proficiently identifying problem areas and working to resolve them with excellent service.
- Managed work projects successfully, even under pressure of strict deadlines; always met or exceeded the project’s objectives.
- Established personal rapport with clients through active listening, interest in their concerns, and empathy.
Help Desk Resume Sample 10
- Received top honors for helping customers to better understand and use their software.
- Identified and processed over 33% of calls within 5 rings, saving company money in excess of $45,000/quarter via early problem identification and resolution.
- Achieved award for taking initiative, thoroughness, and accuracy when processing invoices; recognized by regional manager for outstanding contribution.
- Improved customer relations and satisfaction through positive interactions with customers on a daily basis.
- Recognized as an expert in the use of our vast library of reference materials & tools; received appreciation from peers & supervisors alike.
Help Desk Resume Sample 11
- Provided world class customer service by responding in a timely manner to the needs of customers via telephone, email, and face-to-face.
- Achieved level 1 certification for CompTIA certification in technical troubleshooting, PC support, computer hardware & software installation.
- Responded to questions from customers in a prompt, respectful, and customer service oriented manner.
- Resolved complex problems by probing for details; used effective analytical thinking to identify the root causes of problems.
- Successfully trained 7 co-workers on operating systems; recognized for superior leadership by team members and supervisors alike.
Educational requirements can range from high school diploma to a bachelor’s degree. Necessary skills involved are strong written and verbal communication skills, basic computer skills, interpersonal skills, a professional attitude and appearance, strong knowledge of the location or business in which you are working for, and an outgoing personality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Help Desk Resume Samples
- Wrap Up