Contracting Officers make legal contracts between an agency and the U.S.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Contracting Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Contracting Officer resumes for your reference.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 1
- Performed an initial environmental assessment and regulatory compliance review on behalf of a client.
- Consulted with government officials and industry experts to assist in developing a non-disclosure agreement for a sensitive research project.
- Prepared reports based on lobbyist’s recommendations.
- Identified potential threats to public health, national security, and the environment through background investigation of individuals who have access to materials or facilities where such threats could be posed.
- Performed an environmental impact assessment study of federal regulations that relate to historic preservation. Developed a proposal for Environmental Protection Agency approval and provided recommendations for client action.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 2
- Helped federal agency to achieve 75 percent internal cost savings by the consolidation of complex multiple single-source contracts and tasks.
- Successfully administered a task order for the new construction of a facility.
- Successfully negotiated the estimated $8 million down payment from four subcontractors on a $12 million contract.
- Negotiated and closed three subcontracts in four days after receiving three bids.
- Responsible for successfully negotiating/converting/re-negotiating two construction projects.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 3
- Completes previously approved scope of work on a time, labor, and material basis; adheres to completion specifications outlined in contract documents.
- Completes timely payment of invoiced labor and materials, and completes appropriate subcontractor agreements.
- Effectively communicates with contractor or subcontractor regarding project requirements, progress, problems/incidents/issues, etc…; negotiates to resolve any issues that surface.
- Coordinates and conducts all aspects of a contract project to include budget, schedule, budget adjustments, contract requirements, and invoicing.
- Motivates others to complete tasks with goal/ objective setting; takes initiative to accomplish objectives based on established policies.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 4
- Created a community service program for veterans to provide financial counseling, assistance with benefits, and other services for disabled veterans.
- Identified as a top prospect by the agency’s Project Officer; she appointed me to assist in the contracted construction of a medical facility.
- Approved additional contingency funds to extend the contract duration because of changes in the scope of work.
- Convinced a prospective donor to give $250,000 toward building an on-site clinic, which resulted in an additional $5 million donation from his business partner.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” recognition for 3 months until I was promoted into another line of work.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 5
- Managed the day-to-day activities of one of the fastest-growing construction companies in the Southeast, growing sales by 60% per year.
- Analyzed and prepared bid packages for new construction as well as renovation projects.
- Trained other employees within a high-performance environment and provided individual development opportunities through leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and was assigned to work on client specific projects which were highly successful.
- Received award for exceeding goals by 20%.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 6
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented projects totaling $23 million.
- Supervised the activities of 50 people.
- Devised design details for new construction and interior renovations.
- Earned award for cost saving innovations and excellence in workplace safety; designed detailed plans to save $10,000 annual maintenance budget while fewer workers were present on site while implementing a successful reform of health care benefits to reduce employee costs.
- Acquired grant funding through presentation of a proposal that resulted in a $310,000 grant for aquatic center facility improvements.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 7
- Successfully managed and met deadlines for completion of projects, despite the unexpected death of a co-worker.
- Nurtured relationships with a variety of government contractors to offer effective solutions to achieve department goals.
- Collaborated with staff from eight city departments to increase accountability in the contracting process by creating monthly reports for management review and approval.
- Created a database for the procurement process resulting in improved efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and cost savings.
- Spearheaded projects that saved thousands of dollars annually by “going above and beyond” requirements while maintaining security protocols with suppliers while providing quality products that adhered to applicable federal laws and regulations.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 8
- Received Project Manager of the year honors for the largest construction project in Northern Indiana’s history.
- Accomplished Director of Development and Production during three years in the field.
- Accomplished Project Director during three years in branch office; learned to use computers to organize and manage a million dollars worth of contracts.
- Pre-qualified, oversaw contracting process; prepared lease documents, invoices, and other reports.
- Achieved management level status within the company; provided direction and expertise to multi-million dollar projects.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and managed the public works projects of a $10 million contract on time and within budget.
- Reconciliation of bid data allowed the District Engineer to approve or reject bids based on technical specifications.
- The successful completion of a $100,000 emergency repair on a 60-year-old bridge.
- Responsible for the review, bidding and bid selection process for multi-million dollar construction contracts with an annual expenditure of over $10 million.
- Maintained proper records for all project bids, subcontracts and supplies issued by other agencies and subcontractors; tracking costs by category was essential to controlling direct costs required by bid documents.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 10
- Positioned companies for profitable government contracting by cultivating prospective contractors and converting them into prime contractors.
- Achieved superior organization in administering the National Science Foundation’s financial guidelines for awarded grants.
- Facilitated progress on a multi-million-dollar project in five months as part of a team; recognized as the most efficient crew member by peers.
- Administered a $125 million grant resulting in the construction of two separate facilities, both on time and on budget.
- Maintained profitability of two corporations while increasing customer satisfaction with existing products, leading to higher profit margins from customer referrals and repeat orders.
Contracting Officer Resume Sample 11
- Possessed the ability to negotiate and mediate complicated disputes between contractors and subcontractors regarding cost and/or quality for all government bids.
- Performed as required in a contract administration role for nuclear weapon systems, combat vehicles, electronics and computers, telecommunications, ballistic missiles and guidance, electro-optical systems, special project materials testing, and other complex technical projects including but not limited to the following: power generation equipment; power data; hydraulic components; fuel systems; gun target acquisition systems; specialized vehicles; medical equipment; vehicle recovery devices.
- Resolved complex problems affecting various government contracts and subcontracts including but not limited to negotiated price adjustments and/or claim settlement; resolved discrepancies, disputed claims, proposed contract changes or modifications; recommended contract terminations; recommended contract extensions; recommended contract reductions.
- Employed program management skills in the development of new funding sources for the purpose of increasing available budget dollars and revenue for government projects.
- Recognized by the Defense Contracting Management Agency for outstanding performance.
Federal Government. Their duties include delivering the contract on time, preparing the contract to be signed, negotiating terms of the contract, monitoring any agreements made within the contract, making sure that sufficient funds are available, ensuring the government benefits from the contract, and consulting with other Contracting Officers. To become a Contracting Officer, you typically need a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business. Contracting Officers must be trustworthy, organized, efficient, cooperative, objective, flexible, and able to think critically.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.