Sports Agents handle contracts and other legal agreements for professional athletes. Their duties include negotiating contracts, sponsorships, promotional deals, and other legal matters on behalf of professional athletes, as well as gathering statistical, financial, and market data to back up their negotiations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Sports Agent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Sports Agent resumes for your reference.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 1
- Trained over 100 talent in athletic and competitive sports.
- Teamed with former Olympian to coach a local state championship team.
- Responsible for competing athletes’ success through positive training, motivation, and diet.
- Developed and implemented a holistic approach to athleticism based on mind-body-spirit that fostered individual development.
- Supportive of personal bests through spirit of overall development, coaching, and strong motivators (positive reinforcement).
Sports Agent Resume Sample 2
- Fostered international exchange of experience and ideas with athletes from thirteen nations.
- Offered professional guidance to Canadian National women’s soccer team by arranging endorsement and appearance contracts.
- Synchronized modeling of activity and equipment development as a spokesperson for women’s tennis wear in advertising campaigns.
- Encouraged sport performance and teamwork by negotiating sponsorship contracts.
- Enlisted sponsorships for fifteen athletic events, including the Pan American Games, World Cup tourney, Gold Medal games, and Olympics.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 3
- Negotiated contracts to represent over 1000 amateur golfers, tennis players, and mixed martial arts athletes.
- Negotiated personal fitness training contracts for over 100 clients including professional athletes.
- Served as a Professional Orgasm Trainer (POT) and photo model for “Mixed Martial Arts” magazine.
- Spoke at numerous conferences, seminars, and seminars on sports agents and how to manage professionally in the sports world.
- Attended college on scholarship in Sports Administration. Obtained Associate’s Degree from University of Tennessee at the age of 18 and Bachelor’s Degree from Chattanooga State University at the age of 21.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 4
- Represented athletes as a professional sports agent for one of the country’s premier sports agencies.
- Acquired sponsorship deals for fifty athletes valued at over three million dollars.
- Wrote, produced, and directed the first annual athletic competition that raised over one hundred thousand dollars in contributions to local charities.
- Founded and organized a nonprofit organization; trained over five-hundred volunteers in fund raising and athletic competition management procedures.
- Expanded outreach program as a spokesperson for an international foundation dedicated to violence prevention through athletic events and educational programs.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 5
- Negotiated contract with team to allow client to be their second starting quarterback.
- Helped client reach the top of his pay scale by maneuvering him into position in a new league that would benefit his talents, giving him a much better chance at winning a championship.
- Developed upcoming star baseball player through training and preparation for the major leagues by 1 year of tutelage and on field coaching.
- Trained football players in speed, strength, endurance, and agility by focusing upon set drills and conditioning.
- Prepared undefeated boxer for fight with top contender after shaping fighter’s physique and teaching him an effective combination punch.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 6
- Negotiated contracts between professional and amateur athletes, coaches, and owners.
- Utilized sports knowledge to create unique fitness programs for clients to help them meet specific goals and objectives.
- Received a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu after over 6 years of training; considered the most prestigious achievement in martial arts.
- Instilled self-confidence into clients before athletic competitions by establishing positive mind/body connections.
- Created and lead a movement promoting healthy lifestyles among youth through instruction of martial arts and sports activities.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 7
- Represented professional athletes in the acquisition of endorsement contracts with corporations.
- Secured corporate funding for events promoting health and motivation; scheduled celebrity appearances.
- Cultivated relationships with professional sporting organizations and players.
- Increased sales by 20% through promotion of a sportswear line in golf, tennis, and basketball; established reputation as an authority on sports apparel.
- Promoted fitness to youth by organizing summer basketball camps; inspired children to achieve their own potentials through athletic achievement.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 8
- Developed fan base for over 300 clients by building relationships with them, their friends, and family.
- Helped female clients learn self-defeat and become leaders of their own lives.
- Earned several awards for excellence in communication and professionalism.
- Designed a program to train 200 people to perform as independent contractors in an established reality television writing company, thereby allowing these people to make a living from home.
- Attended professional seminars designed to help companies meet the needs of those with disabilities across the country.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 9
- Cultivated, signed, and negotiated contracts for four-sport professional athletes with revenues exceeding $6 million.
- Planned, constructed, and expedited training programs and workouts for physically fit professional athletes.
- Assured physical conditioning of professional athletes exceeded NBA requirements.
- Participated in trade meetings with General Managers to discuss and arrange trades of players.
- Negotiated payment of college players who chose to enter the NBA directly after graduation through the league’s Early Entry rule.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 10
- Acted as liaison between professional athletes and major sports industries. Negotiated contracts, endorsements, and appearances.
- Arranged over $400,000 in corporate endorsements for athletes during six month contract period with Nike, Inc.
- Initiated and completed negotiations through Federal Express expedited service for endorsement of annual multi-million dollar contract with a professional basketball team.
- Recognized by Arizona Governor’s Office for influencing players to attend universities in the state.
- Convinced professional football team to sponsor an annual community camp program to motivate children to participate in athletics through fun activities.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 11
- Trained professional athletes for football, baseball, and basketball teams.
- Coached players on baseball and basketball teams that exceeded expectations.
- Developed and produced fitness training programs for young athletes.
- Managed and consulted over 40 local, state, and national athletes.
- Produced award-winning fitness videos for clients.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 12
- Represented over 20 professional athletes and booked 10 million in sponsorship revenue.
- Secured sports equipment sponsorships with Nike and Liz Claiborne in addition to deals with nutritional products companies such as Cytodyne and Ultra Extreme.
- Parlayed before-and-after photos of athlete’s physiques into media contracts; coordinated high profile photo shoots with the Number One male cover model, a professional model, and two members of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue.
- Negotiated 60 acre, $1 million sports complex deal; current negotiations include stadium seating 3,000 with a $5 million annual budget for marketing and PR campaigns.
- Estimated market share of only .015% in the agency industry with a client base of over 600 athletes.
Sports Agent Resume Sample 13
- Represented professional athletes and teams, including: NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NCAA.
- Won multiple national industry awards from fitness publications and clients.
- Created fitness related businesses with a focus on developing sustainable income for personal motivational objectives following the completion of college.
- Negotiated deals with talent agents for endorsement contracts, representation contracts for athletes to endorse products, and stadium deals; negotiated all media appearances on behalf of athletes who obtained contracts.
- Established long-term relationships with clothing companies to develop lines of clothing that feature hardworking men in action sports.
If you want to be a Sports Agent you’ll need at least a Bachelor’s Degree in sports management and three years of prior sports management experience. Sports Agents need skills in negotiation, communication, presentation, research, and content development, and marketing as well as knowledge of their client’s sport and regulations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.