A Senior Pharmacy Technician assesses and approves prior authorization requests from prescribers received by telephone or fax. Their duties include distributing medications, evaluating prescription documents, ensuring that clients receive the correct medications and dosages, confirming that clients understand the directions for taking their medication, taking calls from prescribers and maintaining a professional work environment. To work as a Senior Pharmacy Technician you must have a high school degree and have either a CPT, LPT, PTCB or a RPT certification.
To be successful as a Senior Pharmacy Technician you must be proficient in pharmacy computerized systems and software applications, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, follow clinical instructions to approve prior authorization requests, have extensive knowledge of prescription drugs, follow state mandated regulations, be able to troubleshoot potential problems and maintain client confidentiality.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Senior Pharmacy Technician resumes for your reference.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 1
- Prescribed medication and explained dosage to patients as directed by a Pharmacist.
- Adhered to all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and Business Practice Guidelines.
- Provided comprehensive patient care for over 20 years in an independent pharmacy, during which time the store received multiple awards from local community organizations.
- Managed day-to-day operation of an independent retail pharmacy including cash management, inventory control, prescription transfers, reporting audits, etc., while maintaining compliance with DEA regulations under strict DEA scrutiny.
- Contributed to successful growth of business through implementation of new computer system; analyzed data to increase profit margins via improved prescription verification processes.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 2
- Responded quickly and accurately to customer requests and inquiries.
- Promoted within several months of initial employment; received the highest form of recognition by management for retail pharmacy retail advancement.
- Improved department productivity while lowering expenses related to supplies and inventory loss.
- Headed team responsible for providing pharmaceutical care to more than 2,000 customers monthly; resulting in 100 percent customer satisfaction rate.
- Controlled costs by streamlining inventory management practices; identified wasteful purchasing trends, reduced record keeping time, and improved accuracy of data entry.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 3
- Accurately filled prescriptions as per doctor’s orders using Rx labeling system.
- Checked for drug interactions and contraindications on all new medications dispensed by pharmacy to ensure safe use.
- Educated customers on proper drug usage, including FDA requirements, effects, side effects, warnings, storage needs and expiration dates.
- Tracked inventory of controlled substances in accordance with state and federal regulations ensuring all procedures were being followed according to law.
- Aided patients with insurance issues by gathering appropriate information from homeowners or business policy holders regarding coverage status and benefits, identified potential claim denials prior to submission for reimbursement of claims.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed physician prescriptions for accuracy and compliance with laws.
- Verified proper drug storage procedures were followed, ensuring customer safety and minimizing product loss.
- Identified errors in patient profiles to ensure they received appropriate medications.
- Promoted excellent customer service by providing professional advice on prescription medicine use.
- Ensured proper billing of prescriptions by retrieving correct insurance information from database, entering charges into system, preparing paperwork, resolving problems with customers.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 5
- Handled prescriptions and transcribed physician orders.
- Collected samples from patients and submitted them to the laboratory for analysis.
- Prepared sterile solutions according to pharmacy instructions during intravenous admixtures, blood transfusions, and other similar procedures.
- Maintained all equipment and automated systems in conformity with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and safety regulations.
- Offer professional guidance and reassurance to customers as they choose medications at the pharmacy counter; received appreciation letter from a patient’s family expressing thanks for my help dealing with their dying father’s hospice care.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 6
- Packed and shipped orders to customers; confirmed accuracy of order before shipment.
- Checked customer orders for possible drug interactions by using drug screening software, the Physicians Desk Reference (PDR), and other references.
- Ensured safety during over-the-counter product distribution by following FDA guidelines on tampering, handling, rotating stock, etc.
- Promoted medication compliance through education to patients with various conditions including diabetics, heart disease sufferers, renal disease patients, children taking antibiotics for ear infections, etc.
- Evaluated data generated from studies concerning new drug development in previously untreated patients or those unresponsive to existing drugs for of hypertension and elevated blood cholesterol levels.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 7
- Guided patients in understanding their medications and compliance; worked closely with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, and other staff members for patient care.
- Effectively handled drug shortages and production schedule changes that resulted in disorganized inventory, promoting a sense of teamwork among team members.
- Improved time management skills by studying the new automated pharmacy system with an emphasis on priority medications for ill patients.
- Promoted from Pharmacy Technician I to II after initiative in suggesting upgrades to production process controls, saving company $9000 a year.
- Trained volunteers, interns, and new hires so they could learn procedures for safe handling of medication; recognized by agency for my teaching ability.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 8
- Contacted physicians to resolve issues related to prescription refills, providing current medication information for patients.
- Monitored all assigned areas of the pharmacy to ensure that appropriate products were available at all times. Ensured accuracy of product on hand and inventory levels by maintaining log sheets and issuing reports as needed.
- Implemented new computer system for recording medications, allowing pharmacists to give more personalized service. Formulated secret ingredients in specific prescriptions.
- Recognized as Pharmacy Technician of the Year by senior management; awarded certificate during quarterly meeting-also recieved life membership with National Board of Pharamacists due to satisfactory customer relations.
- Volunteered 20 hours per month at local hospital; fulfilled needs of patients, such as administering medication and answering questions.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 9
- Monitored product storage in compliance with state, federal, and corporate guidelines.
- Achieved certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- Effectively managed workflow through time management and prioritization skills; noted for 99% accuracy on all reported data.
- Completed continuing education courses to improve professional knowledge of medications and pharmacology including CPR, OSHA guidelines, and hospital protocols.
- Managed the distribution of $300M+ worth of pharmaceuticals annually; generated $8 million dollars in revenue each year by processing insurance claims and increasing patient satisfaction rates.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 10
- Prepared medications for new patients and packaging of unit dose medications; processed insurance paperwork, including adjudication of claims.
- Assisted in the training of pharmacy technicians and new employees. Identified patient interactions with prescribed medication and responded appropriately.
- Saved hospital $15,000 through discounting and negotiating generics on prescription medication; recognized by Director of Pharmacy Services for exceptional performance.
- Presented at American Society for Hospital Pharmacies on patient safety measures to prevent medication errors; shared strategies used in hospital pharmacies to deliver safe care.
- Introduced simple process improvements resulting in reduced time on prep work from 1 hour per shift to 8 minutes saving $160 per shift; recognized by the Director of Pharmacy Services.
Senior Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 11
- Assisted in the development of a comprehensive medication management program to ensure appropriate patient use, monitoring, and documentation.
- Trained pharmacy technicians on operations, policies, and procedures for all departments within a 12-store multi-state operation.
- Provided direct clinical care to patients with prescriptions compounded at a compounding pharmacy with one year experience as a lead technician.
- Recognized with the “Compounder of Excellence Award” for superior performance in processing pharmaceuticals prepared according to physicians’ specific instructions.
- Achieved certification as a Pharmacy Technician after passing the NHA Certification Exam upon graduating from technical school.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.