A Receiving Inspector ensures that incoming and outgoing products are of a great standard of quality and are accurate. Their duties include monitoring deliveries, tracking returned items, placing product into inventory, developing purchase orders, creating inventory reports, and inspecting outgoing shipments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Receiving Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Receiving Inspector resumes for your reference.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Received appropriate training to become self-motivated, knowledgeable team player.
- Maintained work area in a neat and orderly fashion; contributed to cleaner hotel environment for guests by rerouting carts of dirty towels into laundry bag.
- Contributed skills during three years of continuous employment to aid transition from seasonal part-time staff to full-time permanent employee.
- Identified deficiencies resulting in the salvage of 11 tons out of 26 tons scrap metal due to receipt inspection errors.
- Achieved superior performance awards after being nominated by my supervisor and other employees as well as earning perfect attendance for three consecutive months (May – Jul).
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Inspected incoming materials to ensure that deliveries met or exceeded vendors’ specifications.
- Received an award for outstanding performance in reordering merchandise; maintained inventory accuracy at 92%.
- Processed orders and increased efficiency by devising a color-coded system for locating, retrieving, and delivering goods based on batch numbers.
- Achieved distinction within the company after documenting positive relationships with superior management personnel; assigned tasks were completed successfully without compromise.
- Met productivity standards by completing daily activities using minimal resources while devoting free time to helping co-workers increase quality of work.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Reduced claim rates by 50% over a 6-month period.
- Provided leadership in the workplace, coaching 4 new employees to improve their productivity levels by 30%.
- Reorganized departmental procedures to increase efficiency by 25%; recognized by management for performance improvement.
- Improved processes for material expediting; decreased out of stocks from 8% to less than 1%.
- Received award for cost containment through user activity research and process analysis; contributed to company’s record net income.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Assembled, collated, stacked and palletized shipments according to specifications.
- Evaluated supplier deliveries; identified quality or quantity deviations; resolved discrepancies within established guidelines; educated suppliers regarding specs.
- Enforced safety regulations by observing forklift drivers for proper equipment usage, i.e., lift heights, use of sideboards/trucking boards, etc.; issued written warnings as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Trained new staff members during first-shift orientation on receiving procedures; organized materials for successful launch of second shift after the holiday shutdown period.
- Achieved high level of accuracy in daily reports submitted to management about product receipt and shipping statistics.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Inspected incoming shipments according to the receiving records, and made sure all damaged items were marked as such.
- Reconciled discrepancies on inspection reports with packers to ensure accuracy of receiving documents.
- Resolved commingling issues by clarifying receiving records as incomplete or inaccurate.
- This position marked a significant milestone for me as I was given the authority to train others in my absence. I successfully trained 7 employees during an 8 week period while maintaining daily operations with no work stoppages.
- Coordinated efforts of and evaluated workers and teams involved in moving inventory from storage racks to retail shelves and back again, using radio equipment and hand-held scanners; enforced safety policies and company regulations.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Effectively inspected, recorded and maintained receipt of all deliveries, including expediting data input.
- Recognized for exceptional job knowledge and extraordinary accuracy in the recording of inventory information after receiving a commendation from senior management.
- Voluntarily took on additional responsibilities by completing weekly audits of Storeroom account records; ensured proper procedures were followed while assuring no discrepancies occurred between physical counts and computer records.
- Earned appreciation for always producing accurate results through the use of effective tools to improve processes which resulted in an improvement in on-time delivery rate by 10% within six months.
- Identified errors in quality inspection process; discovered unnecessary steps were being performed only to end up with incorrect figures and markings. Suggested a new quality control process which was accepted, resulting in millions of dollars of savings for the company.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Mentored team on the importance of supplier relationships to ensure successful future business opportunities.
- Recruited, selected, trained, and mentored new members into departmental workflows ensuring the highest levels of customer service while increasing productivity by 20%.
- Personally established an inventory record system with 100% accuracy in less than six weeks; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Developed innovative ways to save time while providing top-notch customer service during daily activities leading to a 25% increase in productivity.
- Achieved award for product knowledge excellence; accurately identified all products within five minutes every single time.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Maintain a record number of correct orders received for a 100,000 sq. ft. warehouse.
- Accurately verify and classify over 5000 SKUs correctly by client name and type to the assigned destination floor space.
- Track, return, and re-verify all misrouted items as well as those falling outside the scope of UPS procedures.
- Maintain shipping and receiving area of warehouse in a safe, clean, and organized manner.
- Consistently maintain production quotas for timely shipping by UPS on or before the promised date.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Trained new employees on job requirements, ensuring all proper documentation was completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provided assistance and guidance to less experienced employees by offering constructive feedback, information on job expectations and providing ongoing encouragement.
- Recognized for my exceptional customer service; consistently maintained a 90% plus rating of quality thanks to my understanding and thorough appreciation of customers’ needs.
- Was selected as the Employee of the Month (March 2012) due to my professional demeanor, willingness to help others, and strong work ethic during peak business hours.
- Identified areas of process improvement in efforts to increase department efficiency; offered solutions that successfully solved issues with time management and increased company profits.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Set and met attendance standards by arriving early, staying late, and working through lunch.
- Made a daily contribution to the company’s growth and profitability; accepted several large delivery shipments within required time limits.
- Greeted customers with a smile as they entered shop; used phone system to facilitate calls as well as promote for additional services.
- Used computer programs such as Microsoft Publisher to design flyers promoting new products and deals/promotions that were distributed in local surrounding areas.
- Maintained proper record keeping by entering inspection data into database and generating reports as needed. Also performed physical inventory counts and reconciled discrepancies to balance books every month.
Receiving Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Was responsible for the inspection of all incoming goods and materials used in manufacturing, packaging or warehousing.
- Maintain a safe environment by performing routine inspections of work areas and equipment to comply with safety regulations.
- Observe and control inventory to ensure efficient use of warehouse space.
- Exceeded expectations as a leader; organized events for over ten employees, including company meetings, sporting contests, holiday gatherings, and training seminars.
- Increased profits from 15% to 75% after analyzing customers’ needs through customer surveys which led to increased sales from peripheral markets.
To become a Receiving Inspector, you need a high school diploma, in addition to warehouse experience. A Receiving Inspector must be good with numbers, must be detail-oriented, must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, must have excellent stamina, must be computer proficient, must have excellent communication skills, and must be able to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.