A quality control manager manages the quality control department for a company. A quality control manager’s responsibilities include identifying defects, ensuring product quality, developing quality control programs, documenting defects, keeping database current, training staff, and creating work schedules.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Quality Control Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Quality Control Manager resumes for your reference.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 1
- Reorganized the inventory of various electronic components to enhance quality control processes within the department.
- Introduced statistical process control s/w into production planning to improve quality control.
- Conducted research and development projects related to quality qualification testing of components used in critical areas of revenue producing operations.
- Assisted in diagnosing systems problems that affected the revenue generating capacity of the company.
- Evaluated continuing education programs for employees, certified individuals, and suppliers to insure compliance with regulatory requirements for suppliers’ employees… The company does business with federal agencies, state agencies, local governments, educational institutions, contractors, agribusinesses, manufacturers/distributors etc.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 2
- Inspected and tested all incoming product components before they were shipped to meet customers’ requirements for quality and effectiveness.
- Maintained a high level of skill by developing new procedures, training employees, and participating in quality improvement projects with other suppliers.
- Effectively conducted statistical analysis related to defects and repairable defects of various products.
- Performed statistical analysis of various repairable defects as well as defective delivery reports on products for all major vendors.
- Participated in the development of new methodology to minimize equipment downtime.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 3
- Accomplished the following during the performance period, while under review for promotion to Quality Control Manager position.
- Overseeing QM department activities, providing weekly weekly reports on QM activities. Reviewing all test results within the approved time frame, ensuring that Quality Assurance standards are met. Reviewing all Engineering documents which are required for approval by management or other departments, ensuring that standards are met by proper response to problem areas in process documentation.
- Collected appropriate data for quality control chart analysis which assisted in eliminating potential defects for repetitive repeatability evaluations.
- Accomplished in-depth analysis on product defects by performing test results with statistical analysis.
- Successfully prepared and presented all required documentation for the QM department in regards to tracing, reviewing, and analyzing test results.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 4
- Achieved a reduction of errors in production of metal/metal friction parts by 25 percent in three months.
- Resolved two customer complaints related to defects in products within two weeks; received appreciation award from customer.
- Troubleshot equipment failure and replaced defective parts, allowing equipment to resume operations within five hours.
- Recognized by Vice President for identifying and implementing measures leading to an increase in sales of $30,000 within six months.
- Celebrated anniversary of perfect attendance since beginning employment.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 5
- Developed a new process for evaluating customer satisfaction survey ratings.
- Contributed to a positive work environment by establishing an evaluation committee to resolve concerns of staff members directly.
- Resolved customer complaints as a result of signing up as a Fraud Hotline volunteer; was recognized for my efforts by the Regional Director.
- Received appreciation from customers for my efforts in expediting their requests; received awards from the Regional Manager and Corporate Office.
- Achieved award for reducing contact center cost per call by 20%; increased productivity on the team by 35%.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in the development of 10 quality standards, 8 quality objectives and 8 quality focus areas.
- Analyzed variances in the fabrication schedule to determine cause for discrepancies when they were discovered; worked with welding supervisor to determine causes when customer acceptance was needed.
- Conducted 5 quality audits and 4 customer satisfaction surveys.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; coordinated the manufacturing process with the fabrication schedule to ensure on time delivery of parts to meet specifications.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively administered the process of ensuring that all necessary documentation was completed to maintain documents as part of the manufacturing process.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 7
- Address customer concerns regarding quality issues, including late penalties, timeliness of performance reports, and deviation.
- Developed cost-effective solutions to quality problems with the goal of improving customer satisfaction.
- Fielded requests for improvement from customers on a timely basis, with an emphasis on the value of company initiatives.
- Performed quality audits within an assigned work area to ensure proper procedures are adhered to.
- Created a meeting agenda to discuss process improvement in a timely fashion.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for bringing on new materials at a lower cost to the company while maintaining quality of product.
- Developed software to reduce rework costs on product by 20%.
- Secured approval from Lab Director for conducting test runs on new equipment, increasing productivity of the lab by 20%.
- Earned appreciation as a technical support manager; responded to voice messages and emails in a timely manner while adhering to corporate guidelines regarding customer satisfaction.
- Maintained an efficiency rating of 100% while increasing customer satisfaction rating by 3 points based on global survey scores.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 9
- Selected new customers for engineering services according to engineering needs.
- Responsible for implementing customer service objectives through the engineering department.
- Managed all aspects of engineering projects including coordination, budgeting, order taking, sales, production, and distribution of technical services in accordance with company’s quality policy and in compliance with state and federal safety and health regulations.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to end use products.
- Member of safety committee; helped identify training needs in the manufacturing process.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 10
- Collected and analyzed quality data from two different production processes.
- Received outstanding quality award; reviewed and analyzed department performance, implemented prevention techniques, and addressed issues regarding equipment safety.
- Achieved outstanding customer service level award; effectively fulfilled the needs of customers by anticipating their requests for information, coordinating timely delivery of product information needed to complete customer’s requests for information.
- Awarded appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively answered phone calls related to equipment problems or safety concerns, proactively prevented reoccurrence of problems related to equipment safety.
- Achieved award for productive work ethic; effectively met deadlines established by the supervisor.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 11
- Installed and improved quality assurance and control measures at a cost savings to the company by reducing lead time and improving productivity.
- Processed data associated with the manufacturing of parts and materials.
- Trained new employees on quality control, quality assurance, and quality standards.
- Organized and conducted a seminar within the division on designing a statistical process control chart.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 12
- Identified problems with assembly line processes and created new procedures to increase productivity.
- Resolved issues by improving the quality of product according to customer specifications.
- Monitored the efficiency of testing procedures for product lines to ensure adherence to standards.
- Increased testing efficiency by implementing an organized plan for testing activity, which resulted in a reduction in defect rate.
- Received significant bonus when quantitative tests were completed in half the time due to improved accuracy in quality assurance activities.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 13
- Prevented defects from entering production; recognized by the VP of Manufacturing.
- Increased customer satisfaction survey ratings as a result of assistance in saving time for customers and providing timely feedback to management.
- Initiated and completed numerous quality system training sessions for identification, performance, and training improvement.
Quality Control Manager Resume Sample 14
- Invented a new method of inspecting using lasers to reduce inspections by more than half.
- Identified the problem that allowed the lead levels in water to be greater than EPA standards, and worked with engineers to design a new pipe that increased flow speed while reducing the amount of lead in the water.
- Redesigned controls in production lines to reduce errors in products. Increased profit margins by reducing scrap and rework.
- Found an error in existing design that allowed the incorrect part to be shipped; a redesigned product so that the error could not occur again.
- Developed a device that increased the identification of flaws in materials; cost savings of $300,000 for the company.
To become a quality control manager, a bachelor’s degree in engineering is typically required. A quality control manager must have excellent leadership skills, must have excellent time management skills, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must be knowledgeable about manufacturing processes, and must have excellent organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.