Pharmacy Technician Trainees provide medical and clerical assistance in pharmacies and larger facilities. Their duties include greeting customers and meeting their needs, responding to inquiries and phone calls, filling and verifying prescription, maintaining cleanliness of workspace, processing payments, announcing orders over the intercom when necessary, maintaining inventory, and processing insurance forms.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pharmacy Technician Trainee resumes for your reference.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 1
- Acquired knowledge on pharmaceutical calculations, including conversion of metric to U.S. standard measurements, weights, and volumes of medications, dosage ratios, and common abbreviations concerning medication charts. Interacted effectively with pharmacists regarding medication interaction potential problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe handling procedures for potentially hazardous drugs; maintained observation on all new meds into the system to ensure no discrepancies in drug identification.
- Received recognition for completing insurance-related forms accurately; processed payments from various insurance companies including Aetna, Cigna, Medicare/Medicaid/MediCal plans, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Accomplished data entry assignment accurately; completed medical claim forms in an efficient manner to ensure all information was accurate and documentation received prior to adjudication.
- Received recognition for outstanding achievement; detailed and recorded accurate information on medical claims into the system accurately and in a timely manner.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 2
- Diagnosed and resolved patients’ concerns regarding prescriptions as required, including taking the time to explain pain management as well as other prescriptions to individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Received award for education for maintaining high standards; received a reward for accurately completing medication therapy management (MTM) charts.
- Received award for demonstrating exceptional work habits; maintained a 99% compliance rating throughout the week and was cited numerous times by peers and supervisors to demonstrate exceptional work ethic and dedication to the profession.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; received recognition from her coworkers and supervisors for demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Received award for communicating effectively, both written and verbally.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated excellent customer service by providing assistance; ensuring that patients received the medications they needed.
- Provided assistance with dispositioning patients and dispensing medications as well as ordering and receiving materials.
- Learned all functions related to filling prescriptions for patients using a company computer system, which included identifying medication name, strength, quantity, and other patient information.
- Actively assisted customers with questions and concerns regarding their prescriptions and other healthcare needs.
- Helped monitor inventory of supplies and keep up with scheduled re-stocking times; used the computer to monitor inventory levels and restock items as needed for clinic operations.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 4
- Applied for a technician position in a busy health care facility; earned an interview with the Director of Pharmacy.
- Secured acknowledgment regarding my initiative and willingness to join the training program; started training on June 15, 2010.
- Computed dosages accurately with the assistance of software programs; confirmed calculations with the on-duty Pharmacist.
- Completed assigned duties within prescribed guidelines; continued assisting customers on a timely basis.
- Verified prescriptions on behalf of customers who took medications for hypertension, arthritis, diabetes, asthma, and high cholesterol.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated prompt and cheerful service to patients and physicians; identified and corrected discrepancies, and verified drug information for prescription orders.
- Met productivity requirements; helped maintain inventory levels; maintained patient confidentiality; ensured pharmaceutical department was run in accordance with policy/procedure.
- Provided prompt response to patient inquiries, questions, and complaints.
- Provided superior customer service by efficiently answering the telephone promptly; ensured an accurate count of medications to be dispensed; accurately processed charge cards.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively delegated patient care responsibilities to coworkers.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 6
- Implemented new computerized scheduling system software on critical pharmacy equipment.
- Concluded required pharmacy technician training including drug registration, sanitation, patient interaction, customer service, computer skills, hygiene standards & cGMPs.
- Earned quality award for superior performance; introduced new products during work hours.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; working with another pharmacy technician to solve technical problems with the computers during the opening of the store.
- Maintained customer satisfaction survey ratings of consistency among customers who had applied for a prescription refill.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 7
- Gained creditable performance; performed daily tasks in accordance with healthcare regulations.
- Worked antiseptic procedures for dispensed prescriptions based on results of sterility tests.
- Achieved 100% compliance to data entry timeliness requirements to ensure complete accuracy of the information for records.
- Recognized by senior staff members for consistently meeting quality control standards while processing medication orders in a timely manner.
- Successfully completed Computer-Assisted Pharmacy Systems (CAPS) training certification course offered through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP).
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 8
- Accurately filled prescriptions using electronic prescription pads, including refilling prescriptions through the automated electronic dispensing machine or entering information into the computer system.
- Organized patient medication logs, storing information on all prescribed medication given to patients.
- Served as a pharmacy technician for more than 1 year; trained to assist pharmacists with various tasks.
- Delivered excellent customer service; consistently provided positive customer interaction and experience feedback.
- Achieved outstanding delegate awards for adherence to policy and adherence to management’s direction.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 9
- Taught nursing procedures and administered medication by injection.
- Provided direct care to suicidal patients; provided support and encouragement to patient and family during this time of crisis.
- Assisted in the development of a standardized protocol for all types of central line insertion; was an active participant in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Accomplished independent and self-initiated task once the prior task was completed; worked independently and did not need to be told what to do or how to do it.
- Collaborated with other health care providers in developing an action plan for a patient who was admitted with a diagnosis of hyperammonemia.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 10
- Received award for outstanding customer service; effectively completed tasks to maintain good relations with customers.
- Received award for extraordinary customer service; effectively handled circumstances that included dealing with unruly customers and the needs of handicapped individuals.
- Promptly returned calls and delivered results in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; delivered excellent customer service, even in emergency situations.
- Received award for outstanding performance of duties, including taking on added responsibilities of a pharmacy technician trainee.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 11
- Researched and implemented best practices for working as a pharmacy technician.
- Utilized hands-on, web-based learning, and printed material to develop experience and skills.
- Identified and solved difficulties that arose through experience and research.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a prescription.
- Recognized by the pharmacist as an outstanding employee; consistently completed work; cited by a physician for “good service” during change of prescription process.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated proficiency in clerical duties, including keeping patient charts organized and current.
- Served as a back-up pharmacist where provided, while working toward a Pharmacy Technician Licensure.
- Maintained a PGY-2 level licensure in Pharmacy Technology.
- Selected by the local Health Department to work at a local clinic that is staffed by a licensed nursing assistant.
- Demonstrated proficiency in clerical duties, including keeping records for patient care and prescriptions up-to-date.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 13
- Achieved award for outstanding job performance; maintain cleanliness and organization of the department.
- Gained recognition as a call monitor Superstar; effectively handled calls as they related to customer satisfaction, as well as adherence to guidelines.
- Met customer satisfaction requirements as a call monitor; effectively addressed issues and concerns of customers.
- Recognized for excellent attendance during an extended absence from work due to illness.
- Received commendation from Manager for outstanding job performance during a time of staffing changes and reorganization.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Resume Sample 14
- Prepared and organized stock of medications; received certification for completing an in-depth training program.
- Prepared and administered medications to patients; received 1st Place Award for Interpersonal Communication during training workshop.
- Acted as a preceptor to trainees; received the award for outstanding work with pharmacy customers.
- Met deadlines related to pharmacy inventory; achieved recognition for increasing pharmacy sales by 10%.
- Filled prescriptions by using a new system on a monthly basis. Achieved recognition for starting an ongoing system which results in the pharmacy being more efficient and effective.
To be a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, you must have a high school diploma, experience in a pharmacy environment, be at least 18 years old. You must demonstrate customer service, computer skills, math skills, communication skills, high stamina, good work ethic, confidentiality, self-motivation, and coachability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.