A chemical dependency counselor provides counseling to people dealing with substance abuse. A chemical dependency counselor’s responsibilities include assessments of clients, providing coping mechanisms, creating treatment plans, conducting therapy sessions, organizing social programs, and providing emotional support to clients.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Chemical Dependency Counselor resumes for your reference.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 1
- Recognized for high performance by the supervisor who remarked that I was a dedicated and hardworking employee.
- Achieved a 100% employee rating on referrals that were used by other professionals in the agency.
- Received outstanding quality award from supervisors and coworkers for my positive attitude, diligence, patience, and other attributes.
- Identified issues with patients that other counselors had failed to address or successfully resolved; since identifying these issues, charges were reduced or successfully resolved.
- Established a positive relationship with others including co-workers and clients which resulted in clients being more receptive to treatment plans being set up.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for excellence in demonstrating clinical competence and professionalism in the treatment of chemical dependency and psychological problems.
- Won award for maintaining a clean and safe facility; effectively administered compulsive behaviors, presenting thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to promote personal growth and progress for clients.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively demonstrated the ability to identify psychological problems, their causes, and signs to promote therapeutic change.
- Contributed to achieving company-wide goals for this division through innovative problem-solving techniques toward the goal of eliminating repetitive tasks to promote excellent service without interruption.
- Achieved award for outstanding achievement in identifying needs of clients and effectively administering treatment to promote personal growth and to meet the needs of the community.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 3
- Applied knowledge from coursework to provide direct client support for clients regarding coping skills, advocacy, and referrals.
- Researched the stages of codependency and how to overcome them.
- Identified patterns of people who continue to abuse alcohol and provided treatment options for those individuals.
- Provided transportation for clients to treatment facilities and legal appointments.
- Discouraged individuals from using drugs by following through with the consequences of their actions.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 4
- Counseled patients on substance abuse and substance-free treatment options.
- Researched and supervised clinical trials for new treatment methods.
- Coordinated substance abuse research with outside agencies; providing information to the media on current issues of substance abuse.
- Actively participated in various community forums to raise awareness of substance-related issues and treatment options.
- Educated students and community members on the effects of drug and alcohol use; addressed issues of prevention, intervention, and harm reduction through presentations at schools, civic groups, and rehabilitation centers.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 5
- Received commendation for outstanding performance in the field of counseling; effectively worked with chronic substance abusers to address underlying issues, incorporate behavioral strategies, and provide treatment.
- Received award for exceeding customer satisfaction goals on all three of his clients.
- Adhered to the Federal Guidelines for substance abuse treatment programs by maintaining the confidentiality and accurate documentation.
- Recognized for quality service by peers on all three of his clients; received leadership recognition from the Regional Manager by which he was assigned.
- Achieved award for effective risk management on behalf of three clients; provided reflective therapeutic advice in response to client need.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 6
- Practiced a holistic approach to counseling clients by listening and understanding their needs while utilizing a variety of therapeutic techniques to help them enhance their personal growth.
- Gained expertise in working with clients affected by depression, anxiety, eating disorders, sexual abuse, marital conflicts, identity issues, and relationship problems.
- Thoroughly understood the causes of various addictions including alcoholism, drug abuse, and compulsive gambling.
- Formulated action plans that addressed underlying causes of addictions and effectively enabled individuals to gain insight into the consequences of their problem behaviors.
- Collaborated with a variety of stakeholders within a variety of treatment facilities including a residential treatment center, an outpatient counseling service, and a day treatment center.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 7
- Facilitated insurance reimbursement for Medicaid clients.
- Performed intake and evaluation of potential clients; provided behavioral support to clients.
- Assessed the feasibility of implementing various treatment techniques to meet the needs of clients.
- Performed assessment and evaluation of clients while maintaining professionalism, confidentiality, and concern for the well-being of clients.
- Initiated program for young adults with substance abuse problems; assessed members’ personal needs while promoting self-esteem through art expression, dance classes/demonstrations, etc.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 8
- Developed & implemented plans to empower patients, including taking the time to listen, share personal experiences, and demonstrate that they are valued participants in their treatment.
- Encouraged patients to participate in activities that helped them gain insight while promoting healthy living.
- Recognized for patient satisfaction while exhibiting the ability to take the time needed during therapy sessions while maintaining a detailed chart of therapy notes.
- Respected for actively working with each patient’s unique needs while offering therapy advice based on personal experiences.
- Scored outstanding therapist performance rating; provided evidence of achievement in 3 areas where therapists earned awards that year.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 9
- Assessed and evaluated individuals’ needs; provided information on treatment options.
- Provided individual, couple’s, and/or family counseling to chemically dependent individuals, their spouses or significant others, and children.
- Planned, implemented, and facilitated chemical dependency education programs for middle school students.
- Planned, implemented, and facilitated chemical dependency education programs for high school students.
- Promoted self-esteem of clients through the use of various activities designed to promote positive self-concepts.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 10
- Conducted group and individual counseling sessions to chemically dependent individuals in the criminal justice system; through education and therapy, reduced recidivism, resulting in cost-savings to the county.
- Led our team in the development of an educational program for area high school students to decrease the incidence of alcohol abuse among teenagers.
- Coordinated a community-based coalition to educate parents about identifying drug-using behaviors in their children. Prepared a regional high school curriculum on substance abuse prevention for other counties within the state.
- Progressed from a front office position to management; increased caseload by 30% while reducing caseload turnover rate from 30% to 1%. Decreased expenditures and increased productivity and efficiency.
- Increased drug-related knowledge of over 4,000 individuals through guest lectures in school classrooms concerning marijuana, alcohol, and cocaine.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 11
- Led the team to win the conference award for the third year in a row.
- Conducted an informative presentation on overcoming chemical dependency at a local community college.
- Provided informative workshops on resolving family problems during difficult times.
- Supervised groups of students who conducted workshops at various facilities, including hospitals, schools, and churches.
- Debated controversial issues related to dependency during local television broadcasts that reached an audience of more than three million viewers.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 12
- Increased the number of clients served from one to four per week.
- Enhanced skills in case of management by completing a master’s degree in psychology.
- Coached clients on healthy coping mechanisms to improve life quality.
- Qualified as a certified Marriage and Family Therapist through the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Developed own journal for reflection and accountability, which was nominated as “Best of the Best” journal by peers.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 13
- Demonstrated the ability to teach clients in a variety of formats; effectively diagnosed and treated various problems in individuals and families.
- Demonstrated the ability to approach all types of therapy models from a client’s perspective.
- Demonstrated the ability to identify different needs, problems, and solutions from different therapeutic models.
- Provided behavioral health consultation for key individuals at corporate offices supporting corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Mentored a colleague who was a new therapist in the field of therapy through role-play exercises and provided training on various topics relevant to therapy practice.
Chemical Dependency Counselor Resume Sample 14
- Recruited, screened, and accepted clients into the program.
- Developed individualized treatment plans for each client.
- Conducted psycho-therapy sessions with clients.
- Contributed to the operations of the chemical dependency counseling center by conducting urine testing for individuals under court-mandated supervision.
- Convened bi-weekly team meetings to discuss clients’ treatment plans and progress.
To become a chemical dependency counselor, at least a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field is required, in addition to a LCDC license. A chemical dependency counselor must be empathetic, must be patient, must be adaptable, must be a problem-solver, must be knowledgeable about substances, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, and must have excellent leadership skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.