An LPN nurse is a Licensed Practical Nurse, and they are responsible for providing basic medical care and assisting doctors in a medical setting. Their duties include clerical work, taking patient temperatures, Assisting Registered Nurses, administering shots and medications, taking vital signs, communicating with doctors, assisting with triage, and taking samples from patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Lpn Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Lpn Nurse resumes for your reference.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Established a record for high patient satisfaction and for helping patients avoid unnecessary admissions to the hospital.
- Earned Outstanding Nursing Assistant award for responding to emergency situations within minutes.
- Recognized as a “Best-Kept Secret” by patients and nurses who interacted with me daily.
- Wrote procedures that were adopted by other staff members as beneficial to their routines, such as incorporating preventive measures on preventing infections in our unit and creating a system for distributing clean linens.
- Continuously trained Best-Kept Secret team members in health care responsibilities; frequently completing training during my off time at home due to my dedication to the team.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Actively participated in the hospital’s drive to maintain the highest patient satisfaction ratings, resulting in an all-time high customer satisfaction measure of 93%
- Recognized as the “LPN of the Quarter; received an award for outstanding customer care and quality performance.
- Was instrumental in creating a nursing education program designed to attract more LPNs; trained new hires on hospital policies and procedures.
- Played a vital role in generating thousands of dollars for the organization by holding health fairs at local colleges and universities.
- Received numerous letters from patients expressing appreciation for quality care.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Worked in intensive care unit; treated patients who had had heart attacks; monitored patients’ vital signs and responded to cardiac emergencies.
- Recognized by peers for ability to handle patients with difficult behavior, such as those who were severely depressed or suicidal.
- Actively participated in hospital’s crisis team, which implemented protocols for handling disaster situations.
- Assisted clinical staff in obtaining information regarding patient’s clinical status and care; instructed patients on procedures for taking medications and maintaining health.
- Met daily goals for reducing lengths of stay by developing discharge plans.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Compiled data pertaining to patient care; provided medical treatment under the direct supervision of a physician in the operating room, recovery room, and in patient rooms.
- Evaluated patients for medical stability and suitability for surgery; administered preoperative medication.
- Performed routine tasks to maintain a sterile surgical environment; completed assigned surgical suturing following surgery.
- Prepared a variety of food products for patients according to dietary needs and restrictions.
- Participated willingly in cross-training by assisting other nurses with duties as needed.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Recognized as employee of the month by the Medical Center’s Nursing Director.
- Assisted in operating rooms and cared for patients.
- Provided client care as well as health teaching sessions to clients and family members.
- Read research studies and interviewed clients & families regarding their experience with treatment plans.
- Prepared bulletins, brochures, and patient handouts on behalf of the Medical Center’s Nursing Department to improve client & family understanding of various medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, cancer).
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Overseen patient interactions.
- Assisted the nursing staff with patient care.
- Delivered quality of nursing care appropriate to a sensitive, but direct patient demeanor and critical, but well-conditioned patients.
- Maintained a professional relationship with patients through positive interaction while maintaining safety during contact and respecting the privacy of their needs and choices.
- Received award for exceptional quality of Nursing Care; effectively utilized authoritative nursing procedures while caring for each patient as an individual, within each stage of illness.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in operating room procedures with surgeons as a Certified Nurse Assistant throughout the operating room and recovery period.
- Accessed electronic information and performed both manual and electronic charting from home due to computer upgrades at nursing department.
- Developed criteria for special care patients as part of a team-oriented approach to ensure that patients were well cared for throughout their stay; achieved superior rating on customer service survey.
- Volunteered at the hospital animal shelter, helping to provide companionship to dogs being treated at the Animal Hospital.
- Made community public relations contacts and ensured that inquiries were handled professionally.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Designed and implemented a patient care plan for a patient with comprehensive learning disabilities; identified the best setting for individualized services in light of the patient’s needs.
- Transfused an estimated 20 units of blood during one shift without a hitch.
- Effectively exercised patience and understanding to protect the well-being of children served by serving as interpreter/support person at our Community Day Care Center.
- Safely assisted patients before, during, and after surgeries administers medications, monitors vital signs, makes diagnosis, adjusts therapy and gives encouragement to patients at the bedside.
- Expanded our small health care center by planning and developing a new wing that doubled the number of examination rooms.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Endorsed as a high performer; garnered acclaim for consistent performance and progressive initiatives.
- Recognized by the hospital board, medical director, and medical staff as a go-to nurse; effectively managed high acuity patients while adhering to administrative guidelines.
- Earned appreciation from nursing administration for outstanding initiative, leadership, and management abilities; based on 10% reduction in patient incidents when implementing new procedures for post-operative care.
- Received award for excellence in staffing administration; processed and filed qualification reports of all nurses who completed the orientation program over a six-month period.
- Approved for teacher-training class to become a nurse educator; selected by school board and designated high performing instructor.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Received recognition from management for outstanding quality.
- Performed duties as assigned, while adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated professional conduct at all times on duty; received 5 year consecutive service award.
- Effectively utilized communication with patients and family members to establish rapport; prepared case reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively controlled cockroaches and rodents in patient care areas and in work areas surrounding the patient care area, resulting in fewer reported incidents of insect or rodent infestation.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Completely documented and obtained patient responses, vital signs, and physical findings.
- Communicated effectively with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide quality care.
- Progressed clients toward optimum health status by providing medication and treatment plans.
- Sought new methods to improve patient care; participated in required seminars to achieve LPN certification from accredited facility.
- Worked as a critical care nurse in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), providing for client satisfaction based on nursing evaluation results.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Recognized by medical staff as most scheduled for all shifts.
- Met the goals set forth by nursing and medical departments; therefore, exceeding the expected amount of billings.
- Volunteered at nursing home to provide care and comfort to the elderly residents; subsequently, recognized by an award from a local charity.
- Met the departmental and hospital standards for TJC (Joint Commission).
- Recognized for outstanding performance in care for a patient who had weak bones; consequently, turned in test results within 3 days of testing.
LPN Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Received 4.5 stars from patients who rated their overall experience with me and the nursing facility.
- Recognized as an exceptional employee for consistently meeting or exceeding established goals in customer satisfaction, cost control, and sanitation standards.
- Achieved award for achieving a 99% satisfaction rating from customers regarding the level of service provided to them by the nursing facility.
- Earned award for establishing medical records according to state and federal regulations with regards to confidentiality, retention, and security of personal health information; ensuring that no unauthorized individuals accessed protected files.
- Recognized as an Exceptional Nursing Assistant by the supervisor for providing loving care and compassionate care to patients and families.
Educational requirements are a degree in nursing, and licensing according to state laws. Skills necessary to be an LPN are organizational skills, empathy, attention to detail, knowledge of medical equipment and procedures, decision-making skills, and strong ability to multitask.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.