A service manager oversees the customers and the performance of all employees in a store. Duties include training and managing new staff, monitoring sales, ensuring customer service is high, scheduling employees, resolving customer complaints, and managing inventory. The top skills for this position are management, business management skills, sales, customer service, and inventory management. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position as well as experience in retail or a related field.
The Best Service Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Service Manager resumes for your reference.
- Proactive leader in management possessing refined business expertise and exemplary people skills.
- Manage entire service department including hiring, training, and supervising 35 employees.
- Design and place advertising featuring service promotions appearing in various media vehicles.
- Ensure employees provided the highest standards of customer satisfaction and quality by analyzing customer satisfaction surveys and developing new concepts and methods for customer relations.
- Coordinated local moves and transfers of furniture, computers, appliances, and technology items.
- Directed activities linked to production, pricing, sales, and product distribution.
- Analyzed data to inform operational decisions or activities; optimized competitive advantage through an in-depth operational marketing analysis.
- Reviewed financial statements, and sales, or activity reports, to measure productivity or goal achievement and identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Hired, trained, and monitored the performance of technical staff; prepared work schedules and assigned responsibilities.
- Held partnership in a small business and completed one large move.
- Oversee and manage the daily operation of the service center with profit and loss responsibility.
- Responsible for overall store safety, employee orientation, training, and inventory control.
- Perform tasks of providing instruction to less skilled fleet mechanics in handling minor repairing tasks.
- Coordinated all elements of an international move; including preparation of packing lists, sending and receiving data electronically, coordination with customs officers around the world, flight delays, lost luggage, and addressing customer complaints.
- Created web site for businesses to allow customers to track inventory online for tracking purposes.
- Responsible for managing the automotive services department, scheduling appointments with customers, conferring with clients about their auto repair needs, and overseeing the work of the auto services agents.
- Communicated effectively with customers on future problems and repairs that might need to be addressed.
- Managed the front counter, including answering the phone and opening and closing the shop.
- Automated company process for item picks up which reduced overall labor costs by 30%. An awarded employee in the annual sales award program.
- Maintained inventory records for direct customer purchase requests.
- Maintain a profitable service department while creating a safe, positive, and constantly growing department through education, training, and safe work practices.
- Hold weekly relevant safety meetings with training on equipment and proper fit and use of PPE.
- Ensure safety inspection checksheets are completed ensuring that all machines are up to DOT regulations and eliminate or minimize any mechanical “comebacks” or DOT violations.
- Regulate parts department to enable them to have the most often used parts available to mechanics, to eliminate or minimize downtime during repairs or maintenance.
- Trained and supervised a team of 10 logistics operators to improve productivity, maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve short or long-term goals, develop and manage the organization’s core business principles, and adhere to local government requirements for safety.
- Responsible for conducting daily/weekly tech and advisor meetings. Including coaching and developing employees.
- Ensuring all staff is abiding by company/factory guidelines including AVP training, Technician Development, Warranty guidelines, ETC.
- Responsible for managing expenses including but not limited to payroll, internal expenses, supplies, marketing, ETC.
- Responsible for ensuring loaner car expense is down by eliminating as many obstacles my team has to get the customers in and out as quickly as possible.
- Coordinated logistics activities related to a large number of company clients through orders, shipments, invoicing, shipping schedules, and other company operations; participated in overseas business development initiatives.
- Developed rapport with the customer base by handling difficult issues with professionalism.
- Improved service quality and increased sales by developing a strong knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Maintained a log of work orders, warranties, and vendor information.
- Managed a team of 100 logistics professionals to ensure that services were provided according to established policies and procedures; established uniformity in organizational standards throughout the Logistics Department.
- Streamlined top-tier customer service and improved fuel sales revenue.
- Communicated with customers regarding vehicle issues and potential repairs.
- Examined vehicles to determine the extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Complied with state vehicle requirements, including engine safety and combustion control standards.
- Ordered accurate amounts of parts and supplies to maintain necessary inventory.
- Guided mechanics with decisions concerning repair and replacement of parts.
- Run day-to-day operations of the service department.
- In three different markets. Including Providing technical support for field technicians.
- Preparing quotations, creating budgets, dealing with customers who are unhappy, and making sure they are satisfied.
- Obtained cost savings ranging from 6% to 26%; increased overall gas profit margin by 20%.
- Planned, organized, and coordinated company inventory; devised a system for identifying defective goods.
- Meet the needs of the customer base by providing relationship-building to each and every guest.
- Presenting estimates for the guest’s prime concerns, mechanical deficiencies as well as preventative maintenance and helping prioritize these services to fit their budget now and in the future.
- Motivate and challenge the staff to provide the highest level of service that is attainable and continually improve the accuracy and the quantity of service that is performed.
- Expedited the time for processing new parts orders and obtaining delivery; reduced-order error rate from 40% to 0%.
- Enacted an emergency logistical plan to deliver goods required in 24 hours or less.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of staff and contract personnel and evaluate their performance.
- Overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs, unit make ready, preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community.
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the building trades.
- Making repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, drywall, exterior structure, and appliances.
- Effectively managed the needs of over 200 daily operations and 200 weekly warehouse arrivals from the point of sale to final delivery.
- The position is responsible for providing an outstanding brand of customer service and performing operational duties that help drive sales through mechanical/bike knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties.
- These duties include but are not limited to opening/closing, ensuring store security, overseeing safety, training, and developing the team.
- All while being able to process the necessary warranty claims, maintain shop/repair inventory, and participate in regular local cycling events to promote business.
- Developed an innovative warehouse management system using a handheld, open computer terminal; piloted and introduced to new buyers for smooth ink purchases/outs.
- Received outstanding performance review for exceeding production, quality, and cost targets by a significant margin during six consecutive quarters.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.