These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Service Manager resumes for your reference.
- Proactive leader in management possessing refined business expertise and exemplary people skills.
- Manage entire service department including hiring, training and supervising 35 employees.
- Design and place advertising featuring service promotions appearing in various media vehicles.
- Ensure employees provided highest standards of customer satisfaction and quality by analyzing customer satisfaction surveys and developing new concepts and methods for customer relations.
- Directed activities linked to production, pricing, sales, and product distribution.
- Analyzed data to inform operational decisions or activities; optimized competitive advantage through in-depth operational marketing analysis.
- Reviewed financial statements, sales or activity reports, to measure productivity or goal achievement and identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Hired, trained and monitored performance of technical staff; prepared work schedules and assigned responsibilities.
- Oversee and manage daily operation of the service center with profit and loss responsibility.
- Responsible for overall store safety, employee orientation, training, and inventory control.
- Perform tasks of providing instruction to less skilled fleet mechanic in handling minor repairing tasks.
- Responsible for managing the automotive services department, scheduling appointments with customers, conferring with clients about their auto repair needs, overseeing the work of the auto services agents.
- Communicated effectively with customers on future problems and repairs that might need to be addressed.
- Managed the front counter, including answering the phone and opening and closing the shop.
- Maintain a profitable service department while creating a safe, positive and constantly growing department through education, training and safe work practices.
- Hold weekly relevant safety meetings with training on equipment and proper fit and use of PPE.
- Ensure safety inspection checksheets are completed insuring that all machines are up to DOT regulations and eliminate or minimize any mechanical “come backs” or DOT violations.
- Regulate parts department to enable them to have the most often used parts available to mechanics, to eliminate or minimize down time during repairs or maintenance.
- Responsible for conducting daily/weekly tech and advisor meetings. Including coaching and developing employees.
- Ensuring all staff is abiding by company/factory guidelines including: AVP training, Technician Development, Warranty guidelines, ETC.
- Responsible for managing expenses including but not limited to payroll, internal expenses, supplies, marketing, ETC.
- Responsible for ensuring loaner car expense is down by eliminating as many obstacles my team has to get the customers in and out as quickly as possible.
- Developed rapport with the customer base by handling difficult issues with professionalism.
- Improved service quality and increased sales by developing a strong knowledge of company’s products and services.
- Maintained a log of work orders, warranties, and vendor information.
- Communicated with customers regarding vehicle issues and potential repairs.
- Examined vehicles to determine the extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Complied with state vehicle requirements, including engine safety and combustion control standards.
- Ordered accurate amounts of parts and supplies to maintain necessary inventory.
- Guided mechanics with decisions concerning repair and replacement of parts.
- Run day to day operations of the service department.
- In three different markets. Including Providing technical support for field technicians.
- Preparing quotations, creating budgets, dealing with customers who are unhappy and making sure they are satisfied.
- Meet the needs of the customer base by providing relationship building to each and every guest.
- Presenting estimates for the guest’s prime concerns, mechanical deficiencies as well as preventative maintenance and helping prioritize these services to fit their budget now and in the future.
- Motivate and challenge the staff to provide the highest level of service that is attainable and continually improve the accuracy and the quantity of service that is performed.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of staff and contract personnel and evaluate their performance.
- Overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs, unit make ready, preventative maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community.
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the building trades.
- Making repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structure and appliances.
- Position is responsible for providing an outstanding brand of customer service and preforming operational duties that help drive sales through mechanical/bike knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties.
- These duties include but are not limited to opening/closing, ensuring store security, overseeing safety, training and developing the team.
- All while being able to process the necessary warranty claims, maintaining shop/repair inventory, and participating in regular local cycling events to promote business.