Desk receptionists are the first point of contact for visitors and outside phone calls in an office setting. Their duties include answering emails and phone calls, greeting guests, answering questions, fulfilling special requests, clerical work, administrative work, and keeping the building entrance tidy throughout the day.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Desk Receptionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Desk Receptionist resumes for your reference.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 1
- Executed well-publicized office policies and procedures, procedures to reduce records-keeping times, and procedures to ensure comprehensive analysis of the work completed by employees.
- Adhered to organizational standards and protocols in the delivery of administrative and clerical tasks, completing the work on deadline.
- Dressed professionally for interviews required in job application process.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills by assisting caller in selecting appropriate business within organization.
- Consistently provided courteous, efficient, effective performance; including reporting important information from supervisors regarding departmental issues to change or process.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 2
- Facilitated the receptionist’s duties by developing a friendly, professional personality.
- Experienced teamwork and cooperation while handling a monthly workload of over 100 phone calls per month.
- Created an efficient and professional atmosphere at the office; identified and corrected employees’ on-the-job mistakes.
- Trained to the full completion, three clients in two months, in American Sign Language as supplemental communication help.
- Identified potentials for career development through others.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 3
- Handled over 300 calls per day by logging and prioritizing to best serve the needs of clients, customers, or visitors.
- Provided directions and assistance to businesses in need of help within the bustling metropolitan area.
- Recognized for providing customer service beyond expectations; staff member of the month.
- Advanced in my position through effective communication skills and customer loyalty; chosen “High Performer” at Midwest National Bank & Trust Company.
- Realized potentials for creative problem-solving skills and cooperative work ethics after working with a multicultural, multi-generational team environment with the local Chamber of Commerce.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 4
- Overcame shyness, fear, and apprehension to make meaningful professional relationships.
- Achieved over 50% client satisfaction rate by establishing trust with clients for scheduling appointments, returning calls and emails.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills during 3 years as a student in the University of Michigan School of Hotel Administration.
- Maintained a 97% attendance record at Disney World during five years as a visitor attraction assistant supervisor at the Magic Kingdom Theme Park in Orlando, FL.
- Satisfied customer service needs through effective data collection, collation and analysis while handling file clerkships using computer software programs.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 5
- Successfully received, screened, and filed over 700 insurance, employment, and tax forms each month.
- Accurately tracked calls to insure that they were recorded in the proper place.
- Updated computer files regularly.
- Assisted customers with a variety of general inquiries ranging from city regulations to mail delivery schedules. Conveyed information accurately and effectively while maintaining a friendly attitude toward every customer.
- Received exceptional performance award for excellent customer service and accuracy; challenged as an employee to succeed in a competitive work environment.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 6
- Receptionist for five years in an environment with multiple departments.
- Organized files, reorganized filing cabinets and desktops.
- Kept two lines of incoming telephone calls organized and responded to clients promptly and professionally.
- Maintained a professional demeanor while dealing with difficult clients in a professional manner.
- Administered pleasantries while accepting hospitality and making appropriate responses to client requests. Lasted three years as a key employee before moving on to other jobs.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 7
- Maintained an orderly, clean reception area and maintained prompt, courteous, friendly service to all employees, visitors, and guests.
- Planned for a smooth transition of the organization.
- Supervised the clerical staff and maintained office supplies inventory in a timely manner according to budget.
- Communicated effectively with customers by following up on telephone inquiries from businesses seeking data processing services and departmental advising regarding company policies and procedures.
- Organized data files of company publications. Effectively coordinated other departments’ staff as they worked within Company standards while meeting deadlines as set by Company guidelines.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 8
- Received outstanding performance ratings by clients due to excellent service and sharp absorption in detail.
- Performed a variety of tasks in an efficient and timely manner, including answering incoming calls, executive mailings, copying and filing, updating calendar and appointment books, maintaining stock records of office supplies, locating information on client files while on the phone.
- Demonstrated proficient ability in maintaining a receptionist’s area with efficient organization of all materials.
- Organized operations for the responsibilities of the receptionist position by building effective file systems for incoming documents and office supplies.
- Maintained status reports to top management showing daily performance for each individual employee which contributed to overall company goals.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 9
- Established a positive and enthusiastic rapport with tenants and customers in the building lobby.
- Performed filing and clerical duties to include ordering, preparing, and distributing office supplies.
- Maintained positive attitude while performing duties beyond normal receptionist activities during emergencies; received letter of appreciation from the building management.
- Elevated work performance by volunteering for extra assignments in addition to regular receptionist tasks.
- Increased recognition upon promotion to personal assistant for the executive director for a local non-profit organization.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 10
- Handled multiple tasks effectively and completed all work accurately in a short period of time.
- Scheduled and maintained appointments for customer service representatives and receptionists.
- Supervised several clerical staff members; helped establish their technical skills.
- Assisted the Regional Manager with administrative tasks such as processing files and attendance reports, managing inventory, and monitoring accounts payable.
- Advanced to the position of Administrative Assistant (Administrative) due to excellent performance and knowledge of all office duties relevant to the position.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 11
- Handled demanding workload with courtesy and professionalism; frequently received compliments on outgoing telephone voice.
- Created new marketing strategies to increase attendance at corporate meetings, conventions, trade shows, and community events.
- Streamlined the production process of the entire Art Department while reducing costs by $12,000 annually.
- Redeveloped a cost-effective operating system for the entire warehouse organization that reduced turnaround time by 50% and increased yearly revenue by $20 million.
- Reduced expenses by $30,000 as a purchasing agent for a healthcare center; negotiated bulk purchasing contracts with several suppliers and compiled thirty purchase orders in one day from vendors.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 12
- Provided efficient and friendly service to a demanding public.
- Coordinated many workshops, conferences, seminars, and meetings for a municipal recreation department.
- Organized volunteer staff and participants of over 100 successful events contributing to development of the department.
- Supervised daily clientele in a busy 20-seat dental office; effectively assigned tasks, resolved conflicts, and motivated peers towards positive results.
- Managed receptionists in three different departments; mentored peers on professional ethics and etiquette.
Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 13
- Answered over 100 customer calls and provided customer service to walk-in customers.
- Verified order and delivery information of shipments for valued clients.
- Distinguished myself by providing quality customer service as a result of consistently exceeding customer satisfaction surveys.
- Successfully answered the inquiries of all incoming client calls, using the telephone to create business opportunities and increase sales.
- Provided an exceptional level of service in a fast paced environment and demonstrated organizational skills in meeting tight deadlines.
To work as a desk receptionist, the only education you need is a high school diploma or GED. Desk receptionists must demonstrate customer service, interpersonal skills, relationship building, the ability to work under pressure, active listening, computer skills, phone skills, and knowledge of their place of business.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Desk Receptionist Resume Samples
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 1
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 2
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 3
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 4
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 5
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 6
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 7
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 8
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 9
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 10
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 11
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 12
- Desk Receptionist Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up