A C programmer writes codes for computers in a C-based language. A C programmer’s responsibilities include developing programs in C-based language, maintaining legacy code system, repairing tickets for new functions to a source code, developing new programs for projects, developing virtual test environments, and managing virtual test environments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best C Programmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real C Programmer resumes for your reference.
C Programmer Resume Sample 1
- Created high-paying software products for clients to help increase the business of major national employers.
- Helped develop a new and innovative method for an organization to track its members’ records.
- Achieved data processing and computer systems certifications; recognized as a subject matter expert with companies such as IBM, Microsoft, and Sun Microsystems.
- Built and implemented a functional stage-based model to facilitate training, performance review evaluation and employee development requirements.
- Achieved outstanding skills in Java programming; introduced talented individuals to Java programming techniques on their own time or during breaks at work.
C Programmer Resume Sample 2
- Concurrently served as a Programmer and support systems administrator for a software company.
- Managed the programming and design projects for the software company, simultaneously overseeing projects from senior-level program to entry-level service quality.
- Performed on-site implementation and maintenance services in order to remedy programming errors within customer timeframes on high-profile systems.
- Developed a variety of custom tools, diagnostic utilities, and reporting mechanisms by analyzing existing source code provided by other companies.
- Adhere to highest standards of client confidentiality; write, debug, instruct and document programs in accordance with industry standards.
C Programmer Resume Sample 3
- Consistently delivered bug-free code within time and budget constraints for multiple departments at a start-up company; independently wrote sophisticated programs in a week.
- Mentored less experienced employees in C programming and Java to prepare them for software development positions.
- Assisted co-workers as they implemented required interface software so that company could meet product launch deadlines.
- Resolved reports of application flaws by reproducing reported problems, then systematically followed the fault lines to locate the bug and correct it.
- Analyzed existing programs to identify improvements that would make the program more secure, efficient, and easier to understand by others.
C Programmer Resume Sample 4
- Designed three computer games, including extensive debugging and testing of both graphics and programming code.
- Developed search engine algorithms to index and manage documents in a business warehouse.
- Conducted analysis of multiple programs to restructure existing systems in order to realize efficiency gains within the department.
- Translated new applications from English into nine additional languages, ensuring that all product documentation was updated properly after each language change.
- Facilitated contract negotiations between two foreign companies through a complex software license agreement, saving the company over $250,000 over a seven-year period by identifying and resolving multiple conflict-of-interest clauses in the contract.
C Programmer Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated superior programming skills, utilizing Microsoft’s Visual Basic 2008 developing a wide range of applications.
- Developed custom database applications for use by customers.
- Assisted in the apportioning of funds for the construction and rebuilding of one elementary school in Fayetteville, AR.
- Realized customer satisfaction by delivery to specifications within budget and on time; demonstrated sound decision making, judgment, and planning skills in regulating finances.
- Created custom-written articles and submitted to magazines within 30 days; solved critical problems while maintaining a positive attitude during his work hours.
C Programmer Resume Sample 6
- Developed an online software test preparation tool for the specific industry of a client.
- Worked on a multi-channel financial application for a larger firm.
- Created an innovative customer service website, customer feedback feature and customer survey tool for a client.
- Designed and implemented custom data representing everything from product development activity to finance controls, customer relations, and market research.
- Performed testing, debugging, and support tasks in addition to product development.
C Programmer Resume Sample 7
- Oversaw contract of up to $3,000,000 and two or more months’ work for the national software company.
- Organized, directed, and documented team’s work in accordance with project deadlines.
- Trained junior programmers from the bottom up in C programming techniques in order to make sure that all programmers were working on the same code and concepts.
- Helped automate upgrades by writing AppleScripts for HTML tags for printing reports to PDF files.
- Researched and designed new database structures and wrote programs in SQL (C), C++, C#, Java, VB6/VB.
C Programmer Resume Sample 8
- Migrated mainframe system to Windows and Unix platforms resulting in a 200% increase in productivity.
- Transferred C++ code to Java codes resulting in a 30% performance increase and a 50% decrease in code size.
- Decreased time-to-market and increased revenue by developing applications for wireless devices on an accelerated schedule.
- Streamlined development process and improved quality of product by designing, implementing, and documenting a software development support group.
- Overcame obstacles, budget constraints, and technical issues to produce an operating system upgrade from Windows 95 to Windows Server 2003; project completed on schedule with no known bugs or problems within first year after production release.
C Programmer Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented a custom-written application to accelerate the processing of loan applications.
- Developed and implemented a database in Microsoft Access 2000 to import, retrieve, manage, and update loan files.
- Designed and implemented a script for importing data from an external database into Access for use by the Loan Processor role.
- Researched solutions to automate customization tasks using VBScript, C#, SQL Server Reporting Services 2.0, and Visual Basic 4.0 scripting techniques.
- Contributed code improvements to an existing script for multi-threading and network communications tasks within server processes developed in VBScript.
C Programmer Resume Sample 10
- Developed a reliable customer-oriented accounting system for a large, multi-million dollar corporation.
- Enhanced and maintained the quality of an enterprise wide system for simultaneous data entry by fifteen people.
- Developed a system to automatically convert flat files into relational databases.
- Designed, developed, and implemented new applications for IBM’s OS/2 and distributed two hundred copies of the finished product across ten branch offices in three states.
- Commented fifty thousand lines of code in less than nine months.
C Programmer Resume Sample 11
- Successfully programmed and debugged new modules for accounting application, which allowed for online access to accounts by employees.
- Built a tracking system for server traffic on the Internet for the marketing department; used Perl and the TK Toolkit to create an application in four hours.
- Programmed applet in Java that allows user to track his or her production record on a web page; an employee of the year award winner.
- Assigned task of modifying existing web site; maintained consistent frame rates while increasing design graphics by + 50%.
- Taught peer computer programming students how to use C language; mentor students interested in programming as a career.
C Programmer Resume Sample 12
- Mentored Junior Developers; taught them management techniques, team work techniques, and programming techniques.
- Performed debugging and testing duties for software components.
- Responsible for advanced programming within a multi-tier environment.
- Developed sophisticated algorithms that assisted in spatial mapping and surveillance operations.
- Presented a paper on progressivism themes in modern architecture to the Texas State Conference of the American Institute of Architects in San Antonio, Texas.
To become a C programmer, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required. A C programmer must be analytical, must be an expert with computers, must be detail-oriented, must be able to work independently, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent organizational skills, and must be a problem-solver.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.