A dietetic technician promotes healthy eating through sessions with patients. Dietetic technician duties include preparing patients special requirements on their meals, order food and supplies, provide direct nutritional therapy, recommend nutrition programs for individuals, document patient intakes, and educate healthcare providers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dietetic Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dietetic Technician resumes for your reference.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 1
- Continued care plan for patients after the clinic closes; composed a dietetic report.
- Provided clients with information regarding their food/dietary restrictions and recommended dietary options to support their goals.
- Served as dietary supervisor for an inpatient hospital unit; compensated every week, performed every shift.
- Supervised staff in performing demonstration sessions on healthy eating habits and appropriate portion sizes for adults and older adults with her supervision.
- Receptionist received commendation from the CEO’s boss monthly, thanks to outstanding quality report; assisted patients during conversation with nurses.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 2
- Performed physical examinations of new patients.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data pertaining to nutritional requirements and treatment plans for patients with specific conditions and illnesses.
- Performed treatment and prescribed medications; held certificates in administering intravenous drips, insulin drips, and injections; held certificates in emergency care procedures; administered allergies tests; provided emergency care to the violent patient who resisted the intravenous drips and was found abusive toward staff members.
- Performed back, neck, and shoulder examinations to identify nutritional problems.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 3
- Recognized by the Medical Center for an increase in patients who are accepting new prescriptions for medicine.
- Recognized by the Medical Center for a decrease in prescription costs.
- Recognized by the Medical Center for outstanding performance in working with diabetic patients.
- Recognized by the Medical Center for improved patient satisfaction scores relative to nutritional counseling.
- Received award from EMA program; treated approximately 300 people with heart failure, high blood pressure, depression, asthma, diabetes, and urinary incontinence.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 4
- Framed and styled the patient’s hair in a professional manner.
- Provided an appropriate level of comfort and confidence to patients visiting renowned dental facilities by providing solid customer service skills.
- Attended national dietetic conferences, professional meetings, and food industry trade shows.
- Achieved award for meeting quality guidelines in the practice of dietetics; effectively diagnosed patients with nutritional deficiencies.
- Received outstanding quality award due to extensive customer service experience in the field of dietary counseling.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 5
- Received outstanding quality award; implemented standards for nutritional care.
- Compiled data for issues of concern related to formula, record keeping, and feeding techniques which contributed to the safe feeding of premature babies.
- Prescribed appropriate medications for patients’ ailments; participated in special events such as Baby Bottle Days.
- Initiated incident reporting procedures when food handlers failed to follow hygiene standards during meal preparation.
- Compiled, interpreted hospital records pertaining to the care and feeding of premature infants.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 6
- Assessed nutritional needs of patients, prescribed dietary regimens, and selected appropriate appliances.
- Provided nutrition education to increase diet awareness, including food safety and preparation.
- Authored a diet manual for the hospital staff to use when implementing a new menu in each service area.
- Implemented a program for weight reduction therapy in the in-patient setting which aimed at helping patients to lose weight over an extended period of time via exercise and behavior modification.
- Received an award for outstanding contributions to the department; created an outreach program for pre-service teachers at local universities.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 7
- Improved the bottom line by utilizing the unique abilities to properly prepare special diets for patients under stress.
- Originated residents’ meals with individual patient needs and tastes, while maintaining uniformity in dietary programs.
- Coordinated the flow of food supplies and ensured uniformity in each day’s menus and prepared meals.
- Acted as a consultant for all dietetic staff, making recommendations and participating in daily decisions regarding menus and meal preparation for all patients.
- Guaranteed that each meal was prepared using fresh, high quality ingredients.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 8
- Prepared appetizers, salads, desserts and other foods for patients in dining room.
- Assisted doctors with gastric tubes.
- Supervised patients’ diets and served food to help patients lose weight.
- Ran errands for staff after hours to ensure proper service for patients’ needs.
- Accurately calculated the nutritional properties of food products using computer software.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 9
- Obtained various training programs and carried out health promotion and risk reduction strategies.
- Lifted weights and performed cardio-vascular exercises for 20 minutes each day.
- Effectively administered and monitored meal plans and meal deliveries.
- Aided in achieving the team’s award for Overall Dietetic Excellence; provided excellent service to individuals with special diets while adhering to guidelines set forth by the regional dietitian.
- Achieved award for assisting in achieving dietetic excellence; was recognized as a Dietetic Technician Volunteer of the month; provided excellent care to individuals while delivering quality services, meeting deadlines, and adhering to guidelines set forth by Major R.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 10
- Was responsible for nutritional counseling to patients with orthopedic injuries at nursing facilities.
- Achieved ACE certification, which increases insurance reimbursement by $1500- $3000 per year.
- Gave lectures about nutrition, diet trends, and eating disorders.
- Traveled with medical staff to similar hospitals throughout the state of Pennsylvania providing dietary services to patients who were on their way to receive advanced medical care.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient needs.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 11
- Created a low-fat, low-calorie, high fiber diet for patients recovering from heart surgery; diet reduced patients’ recovery time compared to the standard hospital diet.
- Managed Diabetes II Unit; maintained patient records and facilitated communication between registered nurses and doctors.
- Achieved award for most cost effective per diem; reduced food costs by more than $15,000 annually.
- Awarded outstanding Dietary Technician performance rating; managed the dietary department during patient surges with no negative impact on quality of care.
- Hired to manage the hospital’s food service department, which received a certificate of excellence for the third consecutive year.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 12
- Obtained highest level of certification in the State of Illinois.
- Certified as a Health Coach through American Council on Exercise; managed personal training program for 20 clients per day.
- Certified as a Personal Trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine; coordinated high-intensity circuit training program for members of marathon team.
- Participated in National Competition Dietetic Technician, Dietetic Intern or Dietetic Assistant Recertification Programs or Apex Physician Nutritionist Certification Program (Physician’s Assistant).
- Received outstanding performance awards for group program development and individual programs development.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 13
- Assisted licensed dietitians in dietary assessments for patients.
- Brainstormed methods to increase sales for the Catering Company; assisted in evaluating potential clients’ menus, preferences, and needs.
- Aided the hospital’s Banquet Department by providing information on healthy diets and product selections.
- Improved the patient’s daily intake of food per physician orders; provided nutritional counseling to overweight patients.
- Prepared meals for hospitalized patients with special dietary needs; designed meals that respected religious beliefs of Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists.
Dietetic Technician Resume Sample 14
- Provided nutritional education to clients and families.
- Assisted in the preparation of food and provided support to the Registered Dietitian.
- Supervised and instructed student interns and volunteers.
- Participated in the development of a new diabetic menu.
- Coordinated activities with other departments regarding dietary needs for clients, including hospital admissions and surgical preps.
To become a dietetic technician, one must have the minimum associate degree and complete a surprised internship. Dietetic technicians must demonstrate good communication, identify and solve complex problems, be a critical thinker, good listener, understand complex documents, be an active learner, monitor and assess performances, can be persuasive, and have good coordination.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.