Do you want to make the next Angry Birds? It takes a few more steps than what you think. App developers have a ton of knowhow and experience, as they’re responsible for the design and build of an iOS app, including sorting out its problems and bugs, maintaining code, and releasing app updates. If you want to have what it takes, follow my advice!
How to Become a Successful iOS Developer?
Go to College for Computer Science: This one is a given. In order to develop apps, you need to be able to successfully program and decipher thousands of lines of code. Getting an education will not only give you the necessary experience, but will increase your worth to potential employers as well.
Practice by Making Your Own Smaller Work: Face it: you aren’t going to make the next big app right away. It takes time and practice! Test yourself with small applications before increasing the level of difficulty as your expertise grows. It takes patience, but you’ll get there!
Learn the In’s and Out’s of iOS: In order to make a successful app for iOS, you’ll first need a concrete understanding of iOS. Take some time aside and make sure you’re comfortable with the interface before you work too hard. You want to make sure you understand EVERYTHING!
Learn Apple’s Guidelines: You don’t want to put the work in and finish an application only for it to be rejected by Apple outright. By learning their guidelines, you’ll know what they expect from an app developer and you’ll be able to think more carefully about your ideas.
I’m not saying that you’ll be able to make the next Fruit Ninja in a short amount of time. It takes work, and if you’re willing to put it in and follow my advice, then you’ll be that much closer to being successful!
The Best IOS Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real IOS Developer resumes for your reference.
- Collaborated with a team of over 10 people to develop an iOS iPhone application used by delivery drivers which replaced and improved their current handheld devices by giving them much more functionality.
- Successfully integrated Bluetooth scanners into our application which greatly improved route drivers tracking process.
- Shadowed users in the field to get a better understand of the customer and their needs.
- Worked closely with design and product teams to design and architect improvements to UI/UX by simplifying layouts, revising navigation workflows and more.
- UI developed using Storyboards and AutoLayout constraints with size classes utilized to further support various screen resolutions.
- Worked with services team to integrate new RESTful web services for various features and functionality.
- Created customized Views, Table Views, Collection views, action sheets, segmented controls, Tab Bars and Navigation Bars.
- Developed serious tools for this project like Customized Navigation bar, Page control, and Scroll view.
- Used a Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment in a Scrum development methodology to provide end-to-end development.
- Worked with GIT to check out and update the Reported progress/challenges to the onsite project lead.
- Architected the Network module to handle better authentication and Network transitions and implemented the module in Swift.
- Strong Working knowledge on Swift 2.2 and older versions through the project and experienced many improvements over Objective – C.
- Working Knowledge on libraries specific to Swift like Alamofire and also implemented bridging header from objective-c to Swift.
- Working with JSON inputs to pull the data from backend and display it on the app using Alamofire framework.
- Creating custom UIViews, custom TableViews and custom TableViewCell for user interface.
- Customize UIButton, UITabBar and UIAlertController to build user interface of the applications.
- Creating design built for the iPhone to make it intuitive for the user while making the experience highly engaging.
- Work in Agile methodology and in close with the team and reported project progress on regular basis.
- Working in Agile environment, plan and deliver for two-week sprint and participate in all scrum meetings.
- Worked on Cocoa-Pods to implement third-party frameworks used in implementing key features of the application.
- Proficiency on multi-threading concepts such as Grand Central Dispatch (GCD), NSOperations.
- Worked on the Innovative Mobile Point of Sale application that is used by 30, 000+ Sales Representatives in 1600+ Verizon Wireless retail stores nationwide.
- Specialized in implementing responsive iOS native applications using Objective C / Swift and the latest technologies to provide users with a smooth and intuitive user experience.
- Supervised a team of 15 iOS developers; Collaborated closely with ATG back-end, front-end and QA team for strong attention to detail, project management, and on-time delivery.
- Analyzed user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Conferred with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designed, developed and modified software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome.
- Design and develop core modules like @Friend, Upload File, Download File, Profile, Settings, Typing Indicator.
- Independently developed an XMPP based chat framework by architecting and designing JSON Payloads and APIs.
- Performed code reviews and independently setup unit and integration testing framework using Quick & Nimble.
- Designed wireframes for multiple clients and implemented new UI designs to overall improve the user experience.
- Helped reduced crashes by 5% by maintaining code quality with beta testing and optimization.
- Refactored old code by decoupling and implementing a cleaner design pattern which helped improve the system’s architecture.
- Brought onboard to refine the User Interface and simplify the user experience in the iOS Mobile app.
- Using Sketch and Photoshop, I recreated some assets to give the UI a much cleaner and upscale look.
- Recreated the login flow of the application by separating the fundamental information fields into separate scenes and persist information locally using the Apple’s Security Framework.
- Developed and tested software applications for the Apple iPhone and iPad.
- Provided support to customers by answering queries, troubleshooting problems, and providing detailed information on new products.
- Prepared sales reports, performed accounting and administrative functions.