Administrative Specialists are tasked with providing administrative support at a company. Their duties include responding to client inquiries, preparing presentations on behalf of the CEO, preparing memorandums for company staff, scheduling meetings on behalf of the CEO, assisting the human resources department with any administrative tasks, and performing any additional administrative tasks for members of the company.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrative Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrative Specialist resumes for your reference.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in the implementation of a new departmental computer system by completing training and taking on increased responsibilities.
- Focused attention to detail has allowed me to process credit applications accurately and efficiently, while upholding a strong track record for meeting deadlines.
- Displayed quick thinking and problem solving skills while successfully resolving printing problems at the company’s largest annual conference.
- Related well with both staff members and guests by exhibiting patience, tact, courtesy, service orientation, enthusiasm, warmth, sincerity, directness and energy in all interactions.
- Ensured accuracy of data by maintaining employee-job title cross reference file; transmitted request forms via email resulting in prompt turnaround time for information acquisition.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Originated, reviewed, and prioritize projects for professional development through effective management of information resources.
- Authored budget process documentation including the application of resources to initiatives managed by various departments within the organization.
- Developed reputation as a business relationship builder within the community through participation in varied organizations and activities.
- Facilitated financial operations at bank branch until merger with large banking company because of outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
- Streamlined workflow processes after creating streamlined configuration modules that increased employee productivity while decreasing expenses associated with outsourced services.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Provided support to all administrative assistants by performing reports on purchasing, accounts payable/receivable, sales analysis, expense reports, daily sales transactions.
- Replaced five defective computers in the front office for clients and internal employees; utilized personal knowledge of hardware components.
- Designed new email template for business correspondence; received praise from CEO after its implementation.
- Achieved 100% billable productivity during time of company growth spurt; organized work process before work began to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Handled negotiation with metropolitan newspaper’s advertising department to gain placement within a higher profile section at lower cost per ad space.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Provided university faculty, staff, and students with the administrative foundation for effective scholarship in humanities.
- Directed business processes within a transaction processing environment using Transarc Tools on OS/390 mainframe to ensure high quality service is provided to internal customers.
- Achieved excellent scores in Microsoft certification exams.
- Ensured all materials that are received into the department are checked-in or verified completed according to established procedures, including return of all library items when they are no longer needed by the library patron.
- Receives credit for mentoring new employees; offered advice and training to new hires on how best meet performance objectives while maintaining positive customer relations.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Maintained excellent customer service by taking care of the administrative needs for 25 customers.
- Made phone calls to customers to follow up on outstanding invoices; resolved any issues or discrepancies, if applicable.
- Wrote policy manuals and edited documentation using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook email software.
- Trained new employees in both policy and procedures; developed many policies based on industry best practices.
- Resolved complaints from international vendors about incorrect invoices charged due to coding errors, exceeding business hours of operations without overtime payment.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Greeted and assisted a wide range of clients seeking services from the office.
- Ensured proper handling of incoming phone calls, mail, faxes, and email messages.
- Assisted with billing via telephone for completed work performed by outside medical professionals.
- Prepared daily deposit slips to be delivered to branch bank for processing.
- Aided in the drafting of responses to public inquiries regarding company products and services.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Interfaced with all levels of staff and management in a high-energy work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office equipment; including photocopiers, fax machines, printers, computers and telephone systems.
- Received recognition for excellence in customer service from both internal and external customers by expediting projects without error or delays.
- Met with the manager to discuss the need for better tracking software to keep track of travel expenses due when employees returned from business trips.
- Attended training courses on time sheet completion which resulted in an increase in department revenue through tighter controls and increased collections.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Maintained roster of on-call employees and coordinated activities to cover all shifts.
- Effectively facilitated the schedule of nursing staff; worked with hospital administration and organized meeting on improving patient flow.
- Developed a workable system for direct patient care coverage; enhanced payroll efficiency, thus reducing overtime costs by 15%.
- Planned and organized all aspects of US operations during international relocation project, including relocation funds management; earned Manager’s Special Acknowledgment Award.
- Initiated process for improved cost effectiveness standards; enabled healthcare organization to achieve fiscally responsible position in community.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Managed the daily activities of an administrative staff that supported over 450 employees; led the team to complete all tasks within normal business hours.
- Mentored new hires, continuously assessed their progress, and engaged them in successfully resolving complex issues.
- Patiently coached temps for three months until they reached required productivity levels; received appreciation letter from Manager.
- Facilitated strategic planning meetings by compiling research data, creating charts & graphs, and summarizing action items for Executive Team Members.
- Spearheaded efforts to upgrade office equipment (computer workstations, copiers); contributed to improving overall functionality of departmental workflow.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated initiative and ingenuity in creating organizational systems to achieve company goals.
- Successfully completed all courses required for Microsoft Specialist certification; recognized by the President of the company.
- Coordinated advertising campaigns, gaining positive feedback from customers regarding accuracy, responsiveness, and concern for their opinions.
- Received recognition for exceptional performance as an Administrative Specialist; effectively handled administrative processes with attention to detail and organization skills.
- Earned Superior Performance Award after increasing customer satisfaction ratings 35% above goal; established new records by achieving daily personal productivity goals.
Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Managed a staff of twelve as Acting Supervisor, successfully resolved issues and implemented new policies with minimal supervisor input.
- Prepared detailed reports measuring individual performance, productivity, and absenteeism.
- Improved company profitability by over five million dollars after revamping the way invoices were processed to cut down administrative costs.
- Established an office location in Switzerland to coordinate services for overseas clients, effectively organizing travel arrangements and long-distance telephone conferences.
- Delegated administrative support tasks to three subordinates for two months while manager was on medical leave; projects were completed as scheduled with no mistakes made.
To become an Administrative Specialist, you will need a High School Diploma or equivalent, and relevant experience. The skills needed for this position are strong customer service skills, strong communication skills, analytical skills, ability to multitask, time management skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Administrative Specialist Resume Samples
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Administrative Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up